Fast-food workers walk out of job

Takes at least 5 three hour shifts to get someone up to speed. Not one.

Would take the same amount of time to replace, say, a secretary, for example.
are you saying it takes 15 hours to teach someone to go to the freezer and get the box?

You have to teach someone how to use the registers, which takes numerous shifts. Teach them how to serve a customer, what questions to ask, etc. Show them where everything is. Train them on how to change a bin correctly, mop the floor correctly, etc.
Train them how the grills and fryers work, which buttons to press, what gloves to wear when handling meat and chicken. How long to cook the meat and chicken for, how to transfer it safely, where to put it, how to make sure its cooked all the way through, how to use the temperature probe, what ingredients go on each burger, how to read a grill slip, how to make a salad, how to make a wrap, show them where everything is in the freezer, and the fridge, show them how to use a headset, how to take an order in drive thru, how to pay attention to drive thru times, how to fill up the shake and sundae machine, how to change the syrup for the coke machine over, how to change the syrup for the frappe machine over, how to to multitask, how to deal with difficult customers...I haven't even gotten started yet.

So yes, a heck of a lot more than one shift, darl. Its not so simple as going to the damned freezer and 'getting a box'.

and that takes 15 plus hours to learn????

really you have to train people how to mop and empty the garbage???

:lol:

nobody cares about these idiot workers......well, maybe 10% of the country and those are the miserable, angry and jealous of other peoples success. Fuck 'em......

the union cares about the minimum wage

but not so much the workers

even if the wage goes up

they are still the minimum wage earner

however it is a nice bargaining chip for the unions

and that is why they are 100 percent behind it

you forget that little thing called dues...

just think of all the dues unions will rake in.

nobody cares about these idiot workers......well, maybe 10% of the country and those are the miserable, angry and jealous of other peoples success. Fuck 'em......

the union cares about the minimum wage

but not so much the workers

even if the wage goes up

they are still the minimum wage earner

however it is a nice bargaining chip for the unions

and that is why they are 100 percent behind it

you forget that little thing called dues...

just think of all the dues unions will rake in.

yes they would that is the just the toppings

the main course is the already highly paid union worker

more so when they walk to the negotiation table and say

" the minimum wage is 15 dollars and hour that is not far off from the

wages you are paying

you are going to have to do better much better then that "

and this is why we will always have an increasing minimum wage

Takes at least 5 three hour shifts to get someone up to speed. Not one.

Would take the same amount of time to replace, say, a secretary, for example.
are you saying it takes 15 hours to teach someone to go to the freezer and get the box?

You have to teach someone how to use the registers, which takes numerous shifts. Teach them how to serve a customer, what questions to ask, etc. Show them where everything is. Train them on how to change a bin correctly, mop the floor correctly, etc.
Train them how the grills and fryers work, which buttons to press, what gloves to wear when handling meat and chicken. How long to cook the meat and chicken for, how to transfer it safely, where to put it, how to make sure its cooked all the way through, how to use the temperature probe, what ingredients go on each burger, how to read a grill slip, how to make a salad, how to make a wrap, show them where everything is in the freezer, and the fridge, show them how to use a headset, how to take an order in drive thru, how to pay attention to drive thru times, how to fill up the shake and sundae machine, how to change the syrup for the coke machine over, how to change the syrup for the frappe machine over, how to to multitask, how to deal with difficult customers...I haven't even gotten started yet.

So yes, a heck of a lot more than one shift, darl. Its not so simple as going to the damned freezer and 'getting a box'.

You really don't care how ridiculous and incompetent you make yourself look, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

You really don't care how ridiculous and incompetent you make yourself look, do you?

Especially since none of it is true. The registers have pictures, pushing a button with a picture of the big mac on it doesn't take any particular intelligence. The register will tell them exactly what change to make. There are pictures showing exactly what to put on that burger and in what order. There is very little that goes on in a fast food place that couldn't be done by a monkey with opposable thumbs. Grill slip! Really? Since when?

Train them on how to change a bin correctly
Lol

You can't make this stuff up.

im telling you...... and these slugs want 15 bucks an hour? You cant make that shit up either.

If they could make the food look like the pictures of the food on the menu, they might have a point. But it all comes out looking like slop. Of course there isn't really much you can do with ammonia and pink slime.

Pink Slime, Ammonium Hydroxide Fast Food Ground Beef Additive, Dropped By McDonald's Et Al.

Especially since none of it is true. The registers have pictures, pushing a button with a picture of the big mac on it doesn't take any particular intelligence. The register will tell them exactly what change to make. There are pictures showing exactly what to put on that burger and in what order. There is very little that goes on in a fast food place that couldn't be done by a monkey with opposable thumbs. Grill slip! Really? Since when?

The advanced technology that these highly trained workers must master has become almost exactly like preschool toys. Literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

The advanced technology that these highly trained workers must master has become almost exactly like preschool toys. Literally.

When the register has a picture of a Big Mac instead of the price and automatically calculates the price AND the change, you are absolutely correct.

Maybe you need to go work in a fast food joint for a while. See how well you do.

Hey, that would be a great idea for a reality show! Wait, there actually already is one..."Undercover Boss" on CBS. The CEOs of companies go work in the field. Some of them struggle with those "low level" positions, too. Just because a job has a low salary doesn't mean it's easy.

Oh, LOL !!! EDIT: I've been neg repped by Sunshine and told that this is "a disagreeable post." ROFLMFAO "A disagreeable post." WTF. LOL Fucking bitch.

Last edited:

I have worked there for the last 7 years, you dead shit, you think you know how things work? FYI, there is no damned picture on the register anymore since we all changed to a new system. There are no pictures out the back showing us what is on each burger, either - you get a couple of weeks to look at images, then you are expected to use your brain and remember.

You wanna come out here and let me fucking show you how things work, get on a plane, darling. Until then, keep your big mouth shut and stop assuming you know more about my fucking job than me.

You don't know what a grill slip is? LOL shows how much you know, you dead shit. A grill slip is a receipt that gets printed off out the back whenever someone modifies a burger. The slip gets attached to the cardboard clam so the people out the back know not to put something on the burger, and the people out the front know what burger is modified.

You don't have grill slips? Bet you fuck up orders all the time over there.

You are welcome to get on a plane and see how long it takes you to learn it all. This is why we used to have a three month training period, which an employee was given lesser pay during their training. If someone is going to quit, they will quit in the first three months.

And yes, we do have to teach people how to change a damned bin. Some people are stupid, remember - especially the teenagers I have to work with.

I have not read the whole thread...just this page. But I can tell you that working in a fast food joint is not a piece of cake...and dealing with a shitload of teenyboppers is not easy. The drive thru is a pain in the ass and so are most of the obnoxious people that are doing the driving thru. The fryers are a pain, the salad bar is a pain, knowing where all the stock is is a pain, teaching them the register is a pain. All of it sucks pretty much and it takes a LONG ASSED TIME to teach the ropes. How do I know? Because I worked a Burger King for awhile..and as the eldest there at the ripe old age of 32 with all my crew mates being 16 to 18, it was no walk in the park. I hated it. But, it was my job. And they need more than 15 bucks an hour to deal with the damn tour buses that pull in and shitloads of asians tumble out not knowing english and all in line wanting food from a crew that needs to know what the fuck to do otherwise we have a restaurant full of really pissed off customers. You sweat like crazy, have to be fast, expidite the food correctly, jump from the fryers to the burger section to the nasty assed milkshake dispenser that is a MAJOR pain in the butt to refill AND clean between refills to serve oodles of people clamoring for a milk shake, hop over to drive thru with cars backed out of the parking lot and into the street plus having oodles of hungry people weaving thru the lines set up like a coiled snake to keep them from shoving each other out of the way and barreling in front of everyone else.

Shudder.

So? minimum wage is a useful tool to set a base line. It also cuts down on employee abuse. Not every employer is going to be altruistic. I means lets face it there are a lot of democrat employers and I think they shouldn't be able to screw people willy nilly.

But once there is a minimum wage then there is no longer the UNFETTERED contract between the employer and employee.

What the protesters want is not for the companies to give these wages on thier own, they want government to FORCE these companies to pay said wages. Any FF place that paid $15 an hour to entry level employees will not remain in buinsess too long.

there is more to it then just that. I would lay good odds that the unions are behind this.

They want the dues of every single fast food worker out there.

What the unions are looking for is a tool to raise their workers pay, they would be able to go to the bargaining "table" with....."unskilled labor is making a minimum of 15 dollars an hour, our people are worth at least twice that, they have a skill!"

Quick story. Two, actually. I was in front..running drive thru AND the front counter AND expediting all at the same time. Guy comes in, shoves his way to the counter and throws a burger at me screaming "THIS BURGER TASTES LIKE SHIT!" to which I calmly replied "and so you can compare the burger to shit since you obvious eat shit?" and he yelled so loud while leaning over the counter, he was spitting in my face from his slobber. Then he picked up pieces of burger still laying on the counter from the one he threw in my face. Um. Big no no. The line was FULL because it was lunch time. Oldersters AND high school kids were all in line, waiting their turn. I wiped the burger off my face and said "oh. Ok. We want to play do we?" and I reached for the empty coffee cups stacked there where we expedited...and the plastic knives. And the plastic forks. And the plastic spoons. Oh, and the french fry warmer was conveniently right behind me. More missiles, my brain said. Soon as I started grabbing stuff, someone in the line yelled DUCK! INCOMING! Stupid asshole in front of me wasn't fast enough. I pelted him with everything I could lay my hands on. After the mess, he stomped out. The people in line applauded. Then I sent out a few lazy workers and made them clean the mess up.

Second story is.....assholes in drive thru at the speaker. 6 cars in front of them...about 8 behind them. Stupid boys. Don't fuck with drive thru older women. They got obnoxious, rude, and began to cus because they kept fucking with me. So I said I was not serving them. They yelled in the speaker they could not back out or move forward and I BETTER TAKE THEIR ORDER. I told them to go fuck themselves. When they finally got to the window they banged on it. I stood on the other side with my bird finger plastered up againt that window. They sped off. I laughed. The crew laughed along with me. Next time they drove thru, they were much nicer. :lol:

I have not read the whole thread...just this page. But I can tell you that working in a fast food joint is not a piece of cake...and dealing with a shitload of teenyboppers is not easy. The drive thru is a pain in the ass and so are most of the obnoxious people that are doing the driving thru. The fryers are a pain, the salad bar is a pain, knowing where all the stock is is a pain, teaching them the register is a pain. All of it sucks pretty much and it takes a LONG ASSED TIME to teach the ropes. How do I know? Because I worked a Burger King for awhile..and as the eldest there at the ripe old age of 32 with all my crew mates being 16 to 18, it was no walk in the park. I hated it. But, it was my job. And they need more than 15 bucks an hour to deal with the damn tour buses that pull in and shitloads of asians tumble out not knowing english and all in line wanting food from a crew that needs to know what the fuck to do otherwise we have a restaurant full of really pissed off customers. You sweat like crazy, have to be fast, expidite the food correctly, jump from the fryers to the burger section to the nasty assed milkshake dispenser that is a MAJOR pain in the butt to refill AND clean between refills to serve oodles of people clamoring for a milk shake, hop over to drive thru with cars backed out of the parking lot and into the street plus having oodles of hungry people weaving thru the lines set up like a coiled snake to keep them from shoving each other out of the way and barreling in front of everyone else.

Shudder.

I hate those fucking Asians who just stand there and point at everything. I also hate people who order something and who then bitch and complain that they ordered something completely different, and somehow its out fault they fucked up.

And don't get me started on buses. For us, its not tour buses, its loads of kids returned from school camp. The sundae machine goes into meltdown.

Quick story. Two, actually. I was in front..running drive thru AND the front counter AND expediting all at the same time. Guy comes in, shoves his way to the counter and throws a burger at me screaming "THIS BURGER TASTES LIKE SHIT!" to which I calmly replied "and so you can compare the burger to shit since you obvious eat shit?" and he yelled so loud while leaning over the counter, he was spitting in my face from his slobber. Then he picked up pieces of burger still laying on the counter from the one he threw in my face. Um. Big no no. The line was FULL because it was lunch time. Oldersters AND high school kids were all in line, waiting their turn. I wiped the burger off my face and said "oh. Ok. We want to play do we?" and I reached for the empty coffee cups stacked there where we expedited...and the plastic knives. And the plastic forks. And the plastic spoons. Oh, and the french fry warmer was conveniently right behind me. More missiles, my brain said. Soon as I started grabbing stuff, someone in the line yelled DUCK! INCOMING! Stupid asshole in front of me wasn't fast enough. I pelted him with everything I could lay my hands on. After the mess, he stomped out. The people in line applauded. Then I sent out a few lazy workers and made them clean the mess up.

Second story is.....assholes in drive thru at the speaker. 6 cars in front of them...about 8 behind them. Stupid boys. Don't fuck with drive thru older women. They got obnoxious, rude, and began to cus because they kept fucking with me. So I said I was not serving them. They yelled in the speaker they could not back out or move forward and I BETTER TAKE THEIR ORDER. I told them to go fuck themselves. When they finally got to the window they banged on it. I stood on the other side with my bird finger plastered up againt that window. They sped off. I laughed. The crew laughed along with me. Next time they drove thru, they were much nicer. :lol:

Fuck me, I can't believe you did that!!! :lol:

The worst I have done is just turn my back on a customer on front counter or close the door in someone's face. I would love to tell some people where to go!

Forum List

Back