Father of Newtown Victim Heckled

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
We have a cancer in this country, and they are armed.

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

Read it at Connecticut Post

January 29, 2013 7:05 AM

"The Second Amendment!" was shouted a couple of times by as many as a dozen gun enthusiasts in the meeting room as Neil Heslin, holding a photo of his slain 6-year-old son, Jesse Lewis, asked why Bushmaster assault-style weapons are allowed to be sold in the state.

They answered his question.

Yes he is grieving but the point of the meeting was not a support group for victims.

I wouldn't call that heckling.

Then again I wouldn't use a dead kid as a prop to pass laws that deny others their rights either.

Then again I wouldn't use a dead kid as a prop to pass laws that deny others their rights either.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.

"The Second Amendment!" was shouted a couple of times by as many as a dozen gun enthusiasts in the meeting room as Neil Heslin, holding a photo of his slain 6-year-old son, Jesse Lewis, asked why Bushmaster assault-style weapons are allowed to be sold in the state.

They answered his question.

Yes he is grieving but the point of the meeting was not a support group for victims.

Everyone has the right to voice their opinion. But to show such disrespect by shouting over a father who lost his son is only answering one question. Are these gun nuts human or scum?

We now know the answer, they are scum.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assualt weapons.

I do support the idea that the 2nd gives us the right to conceal carry. But if you concede that it does not give us the "Right" to own say....Rocket Propelled Grenades then you agree that a line must be drawn somewhere, right?

And BTW.....if that was MY child or grandchild pictured in that casket I would stick that picture in your face.

An AR 15 is merely a semiautomatic rifle not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle. It just looks different.

There have been countless posts on that issue.

My Mini 14 shoots the same round as an AR 15 at the same rate but it is not considered a military assault rifle.

So let's cut the bullshit.

#1 An AR is not military grade.. if this were about M-16s or M-60s or AT-4s, I would partially concede your point
#2 I think where the line needs to be drawn is on the person, not the weapon
#3 There is nothing I am hearing on this in truthful detail except what we hear from wingers.. which makes it very suspect

628x471.jpg

Neil Heslin, father of 6-year-old Newtown shooting victim Jesse Lewis, was heckled at the Connecticut State Legislature as he testified Tuesday in hearings on the aftermath of the Newtown massacre. Gun enthusiasts shouted “the Second Amendment!” several times while Heslin, holding a picture of his son, wondered why Bushmaster assault-style weapons such as the one shooter Adam Lanza used should be sold in the state. “There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened,” Heslin said. Around 1,500 people—both pro-gun and anti, who all had to pass through metal detectors—attended the hearings at the Connecticut capitol under heightened security. Hundreds testified, with one lawyer insisting “the local and national debate has been co-opted by the anti-gun agenda.”

The NRA gun cultists have become the new NAMBLA, demanding their constitutional rights.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA end up harming children.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA read the constitution though a demented keyhole, failing to see how public safety trumps their "rights".

Both the NRA and NAMBLA have creepy leaders.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA promoted themselves on the internet, and their members use the internet to get around law enforcement.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA use the internet to exchange information about how LE is trying to catch them.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA believe they are being unfairly targeted....

177907-463nambla_sickos.jpg

CT%20Gun%20Rally%20AP.jpg

Sure, the NRA is better funded than NAMBLA, but hopefully they'll both be nonexistent soon.

628x471.jpg

The NRA gun cultists have become the new NAMBLA, demanding their constitutional rights.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA end up harming children.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA read the constitution though a demented keyhole, failing to see how public safety trumps their "rights".

Both the NRA and NAMBLA have creepy leaders.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA promoted themselves on the internet, and their members use the internet to get around law enforcement.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA use the internet to exchange information about how LE is trying to catch them.

Both the NRA and NAMBLA believe they are being unfairly targeted....

177907-463nambla_sickos.jpg

CT%20Gun%20Rally%20AP.jpg

Sure, the NRA is better funded than NAMBLA, but hopefully they'll both be nonexistent soon.
Yawn.. more regurgitated bullshit by the troll

An AR 15 is merely a semiautomatic rifle not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle. It just looks different.

There have been countless posts on that issue.

My Mini 14 shoots the same round as an AR 15 at the same rate but it is not considered a military assault rifle.

So let's cut the bullshit.

The AR 15 is merely a semiautomatic rifle not unlike any other semiautomatic rifle??? :cuckoo:

I thought you said to cut the bullshit. :cool:

#1 An AR is not military grade.. if this were about M-16s or M-60s or AT-4s, I would partially concede your point

(And an AR is manufactured for one reason. To kill as many people as fast as possible. It has no real hunting value.)

#2 I think where the line needs to be drawn is on the person, not the weapon

(I can agree up to a point. But the NRA opposed legislation that would keep guns out of the hands of people who are mentaly ill and opposed legislation to increase background checks to keep guns out of the hands of criminals. They also oppose registration that helps catch criminals.)

#3 There is nothing I am hearing on this in truthful detail except what we hear from wingers.. which makes it very suspect

If you can show where the information is wrong in the OP then please do.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assault weapons.

It is already against the law to own military assault weapons, as well as rocket grenades or any type of grenade.
We have 20,000 gun laws already. We don't need any more added to them.
Semi automatics are not military weapons.
Semi automatics shoot one bullet at a time, just like any other gun.
The reason they are called semi automatics is because the gun does the cocking action rather than the shooter does, with your thumb.
Automatics shoot many bullets, like a tommy gun. These are what our military use.

Rights for what? Please show me exactly where the Constitution gives us the "Right" to own military assault weapons.

It is already against the law to own military assault weapons, as well as rocket grenades or any type of grenade.
We have 20,000 gun laws already. We don't need any more added to them.
Semi automatics are not military weapons.
Semi automatics shoot one bullet at a time, just like any other gun.
The reason they are called semi automatics is because the gun does the cocking action rather than the shooter does, with your thumb.
Automatics shoot many bullets, like a tommy gun. These are what our military use.

Actually, grenades, rocket launchers, site to air missles etc are all LEGAL. Good luck getting your hands on them though

Forum List

Back