🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

He's not blaming guns, he's blaming our lax policies concerning access to guns.

Big difference.

Compare the paperwork required to purchase and operate a motor vehicle to the paperwork required to own and operate a firearm.

Right, bill of sale and a title transfer, sooooooooooooo much paperwork.

Well that's twice the paperwork on many a gun sale. I think that it would be a step in the right direction if every gun sale required a title transfer.

Big difference.

Compare the paperwork required to purchase and operate a motor vehicle to the paperwork required to own and operate a firearm.

How much paperwork is needed to buy a gallon of gas and a rag?

Morons blame inanimate objects. People who want to kill, will kill.

Dude! Read the fucking post! I said he's NOT blaming the inanimate object - he's blaming easy access.

“I’m not trying to say that they’re to blame for what happened. But if Chris had not been able to get hold of 13 guns it wouldn’t have happened.”
CNN just interviewed the father of the murderer of nine people at Umpqua Community College this week, and though he claims he is not blaming guns, he spent most of the interview doing that exact thing.

“That’s what guns are. The killers. It’s as simple as that. It’s black and white,” he says. Guns are the killers. Not his son.

Read more: Father of Oregon Killer Blames GUNS, Not Son, For Umpqua Massacre » The Right Scoop -

Just another reason to hate liberals. Don't you just fucking hate them?

You have to love how the loser claims guns are not to blame, and then that is all he does.

Double talking ignorant hypocrite.

Now, when the morons post on this thread about how much they want to ban guns, just ask them to give their plan and provide details. That, shuts them up every time.

Do you know why? Cause liberals are fucking morons. They are hypocrites. They are nothing but pawns for their communists, better known as their democrat politicians. They are all losers.

Remember, ask them to give their details when they cry for gun control. It will make you laugh at how fucking moronic they are.

Crap- The old man needs to conduct some self reflections.

Because, obviously, he failed as a parent like Barack Obama's parents did

-Geaux

Right....a parent fails if their kid becomes President of the United States. Do you ever listen to yourself?

Yes, it is indeed rare, if not a historical first

I know, hard to believe Obama could be such a failure

-Geaux

10454493_897634513662937_7062376138611919671_n.jpg

Why are facts so anti liberal?

The Australian Gun Ban Conceit

LMAO...We're calling guns tools now? :rofl:

A screw driver screws
A wrench wrenches
And a gun....tools about LOL

the thing about guns is people have to be licensed for a lawful purpose... we have a right to regulate those purposes.

Because, obviously, he failed as a parent like Barack Obama's parents did

Really? Most parents who had a child who became President of the United States would consider themselves pretty successful as parents.

Haha Both of Hussein's parents abandoned him and you're trying to tell us they were pretty successful as parents. Thanks for the laugh.

Big difference.

Right, bill of sale and a title transfer, sooooooooooooo much paperwork.

Well that's twice the paperwork on many a gun sale. I think that it would be a step in the right direction if every gun sale required a title transfer.

NO it wouldn't be a step in the right direction and it's is prohibited by federal law for the feds to require it. You're welcome to try to change the law, but I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Of course. The sick kid would have found some way to off himself (maybe) and those innocent people would be alive.

th
Not sure what you're saying.

This kid would have run around with a knife, killing all those people?
Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

What was going to stop him?

The unarmed guard?
I really, really doubt it, but that's your call.

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

You mean like Timothy McVeigh?

The trick though is keeping 310 million guns away from every whack job, good luck with that

So..... what? We quit? We just let the little terrorists win? That's sad, Man. :(

No...we let people defend themselves. What is wrong with you?

Interesting piece in Politico that addresses the law as it pertains to mental health issues.

I'd be curious to know if both "sides" of the issue can agree on this:

There also are gaps and problems with the 1993 Brady Law Act, which mandated a criminal and mental health background check before the purchase of a firearm. The number of individuals in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System with a mental illness commitment is listed at 235,000 when FBI records estimate that there are 2.7 million involuntary mental health commitments. Having less than 10 percent of the mentally ill population in the database clearly is inadequate. Congress’ failure to require record submissions from all states, privacy objections by states and lack of funding, resources and technology support all exacerbate the problem.

In general, to deny access of firearms to the mentally ill, one must be “deemed mentally incompetent or those involuntarily institutionalized for mental illness.” This national standard is adhered to by more than half of the states. Due to the weakness of this definition, in many states nearly anyone can walk into a gun shop, purchase a firearm and exit the store almost immediately.

Thoughts?
Any problem with having less than 10 percent of the mentally ill population in the Background Check System?

Allowing the Mentally Ill Guns Is Insane

Last edited:
Not sure what you're saying.

This kid would have run around with a knife, killing all those people?
Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

What was going to stop him?

The unarmed guard?
I really, really doubt it, but that's your call.

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

You mean like Timothy McVeigh?

The trick though is keeping 310 million guns away from every whack job, good luck with that

So..... what? We quit? We just let the little terrorists win? That's sad, Man. :(

No...we let people defend themselves. What is wrong with you?

And how's that been working out? America is dying proof that arming a society does not make it a peaceful society.

Forum List

Back