🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Father of Oregon killer blames GUNS, not son, for massacre?

Do you somehow believe that if firearms weren't available, the murders wouldn't have been committed?
Of course. The sick kid would have found some way to off himself (maybe) and those innocent people would be alive.

th

Not sure what you're saying.

This kid would have run around with a knife, killing all those people?

13 knives. He may have even been able to take out two or three of his classmates with that kind of arsenal. Scary shit.

Of course. The sick kid would have found some way to off himself (maybe) and those innocent people would be alive.

th

Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

What was going to stop him?

The unarmed guard?
I really, really doubt it, but that's your call.

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

You mean like Timothy McVeigh?

The trick though is keeping 310 million guns away from every whack job, good luck with that

So..... what? We quit? We just let the little terrorists win? That's sad, Man. :(

Do you somehow believe that if firearms weren't available, the murders wouldn't have been committed?

th

13 knives. He may have even been able to take out two or three of his classmates with that kind of arsenal. Scary shit.

You know why knives are more dangerous than guns?

They dont' make any noise.

You could stab a half dozen or more people before anyone else noticed

Actually we only punish people for those things when they do something wrong. gun control punishes me for something someone else MAY do.

How? Do you not think you could pass a background check? Or are you still mad about not being able to buy a fully armed tank?

Had my present gun, a snub nose .38, since about 1990. It hasn't tried to shoot me yet. Maybe modern guns are different. This is kind of like the confederate flag debate. Flag control to save lives.

Had my present gun, a snub nose .38, since about 1990. It hasn't tried to shoot me yet. Maybe modern guns are different. This is kind of like the confederate flag debate. Flag control to save lives.

Ya, I have over 120 of them... Not scared of any of them.

th

Knife, ballbat. Molotov cocktail, machete, sword, pressure cooker filled with ball bearings.

The unarmed guard?

After all the school slaughters we've seen with guns - when I see a kid commit mass murder with something other than a gun, I'll look at it.

Time for you to start taking a look, ignoramus:

Bath, Michigan School Massacre. 1927.Murder accomplished with explosives. 44 victims
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building bombing. 4/19/95. Murder accomplished with a rental truck full of fertilizer based explosives. 168 dead
September 11, 2001 attacks on NYC, PA, Pentagon. Murder accomplished with box cutters and commerical airliners. ~3,000 people dead
Arson, Stabbing Rampage in Seoul South Korea : 10/20/2008. 6 people dead, 5 from stabbing. 7 others wounded, 4 seriously
Anti-police stabbing spree in Shanghai, China: 7/2008. 6 Police Officers stabbed to death, 4 wounded
Akihabara Massacre, Chiyoda City, Tokyo, Japan: 6/8/2008. 7 people killed (3 struck by car, 4 by stabbing), many more injured
Daegu subway fire, Daegu, South Korea: 2/18/2003. 198 killed, 147 injured
Osaka School Massacre, Osaka Japan: 6/8/2001. 8 children dead, 13 other children and 2 teachers wounded

And I swear, don't even think of coming back with "But those aren't all schools".

I find it noteworthy that ZERO of the stabbing incidents occurred in the US.

:dunno: What kind of dumb-ass brings a knife to a gunfight?​

The unarmed guard?

Doubt all you want.

The kid (?) had issues, and he was going to do something.

so drugs and driving drunk and selling beer to underage kids should all be legal because some don't adhere to the law?

Call me when doing drugs and driving drunk is a Constitutional right.

And by the way, no one is suggesting that acting irresponsibly with guns is or should be legal, any more than doing so with alcohol and cars is. But the correct analogy, which whiffed right over your empty head, is that you don't ban alcohol and prescription drugs and cars from use by responsible people because some people abuse them.

True, but at least you can't buy drugs, cars and alcohol at unregulated "shows". It's a step in the right direction.

Seriously, what fucking world do you live in, that you think guns and knives and rocks are the only weapons in existence? This is 2015, moron, and we have the science to wreak horrific destruction in untold numbers of ways, if we so choose. He already had the truly deadly component: the will to do so.
Those are certainly some delightful personal insults and all, but I'm not sure of your point.

You appear to be trying to downplay these horrific suicide/slaughters by saying that other bad stuff happens, too.

Is that correct?

Well, thanks for your efforts in convincing us all that you're a fool who doesn't understand plain English, but really, it's kind of redundant at this point.

I'm saying that it's the will to kill others that matters, not the tool used. No amount of gun control will fix that. Any solution to the problem has to focus on the REAL problem.

Now, if you STILL haven't figured out the point that everyone else got the first time, let me know and I'll break out the Crayolas and maybe hand out juice boxes like other kindergartners get, Brain Trust.
That assumes that a person is as likely to kill others with something other than a gun, and it's difficult to believe that anyone would actually think that.

Do you see any reason for concern or specific action regarding this ongoing trend of suicide/slaughters?

There's no doubt that guns are a popular choice, because they give you efficiency AND the ability to see and enjoy the fear and pain of your victims, for sickos who are into that shit.

But the tool is not the problem.

As for your silly question, which has already been answered, why don't you plug your fucking brain in, reread my posts, and see if you can figure it out, rather than expecting me to repeat myself again and again while you pretend that "I'm too fucking stupid to understand" is an effective argument.

Shutting down the discussion by being obtuse is the go-to tactic of the left, I get that. But it's not helpful, and just pushes you farther and farther out into the margins. Eventually, people just aren't going to consider you at all in these discussions. If you actually want to be part of the public policy on this topic, you're going to have to start exhibiting some sort of genuine desire to understand and participate.

True. Unregulated access to the tool is the problem.

Because some people will drive drunk and kill people in auto accidents we should ban alcohol, that is your liberal gun control logic. And since alcohol kills far more people than guns banning alcohol should be the top priority, right?

Driving drunk is illegal, therefore no one could possibly be doing it.

I sense sarcasm..... but at least perpetrators can be pulled out of the mix before they kill anyone. There is that.

It is precisely in the heavily regulated gun free zones that most of the mass shootings are taking place, over 90% of them. Liberals already have what they want in these zones, no guns. Its not surprising to anyone with a brain that these pricks choose gun free zones to do their killing.

Forum List

Back