FBI informant charged with lying about Biden

All this: "Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) obtained and published an FBI file recording Smirnov’s claim that Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, which employed the president’s son, had paid Hunter and Joe Biden $5 million in bribes."

There's no evidence that Mykola Zlochevsky ever said this. There's no evidence of bribes. There's no evidence of that $5 million to Joe Biden. There were claims of recordings of Mykola Zlochevsky by Smirnov. There's no evidence they ever existed.

The FBI, under Trump, didn't find this guy's claims credible, nor could find anything to back up this guy's story.
But Republicans/Trumpers included this in their zombie lies without blinking

Don't they have phones over there? Hell I've talked to a lot of folks I've never physically met.

Read the indictment. He claimed to have had in person meetings. The whole story is so suspect. He came up with the story years after he told the FBI he talked with Burisna in 2017.

But Republicans/Trumpers included this in their zombie lies without blinking
If an FBI informant had made up lies about Trump, and a Dem House Speaker authorized an impeachment inquiry largely based on those lies, well...................Trumpleton's and right wing media would have set their hair on fire with a blaze that could be seen from satellites.

View attachment 902946

Charges were announced against FBI informant Alexander Smirnov, accused of making false statements that were central to the Biden impeachment inquiry.

WASHINGTON ― A central piece of evidence in the impeachment inquiry against President Joe Biden may have just evaporated.

The Justice Department on Thursday announced that an FBI informant was lying when he said a Ukrainian oligarch told him he’d bribed Biden.

Special counsel David Weiss, the U.S. attorney prosecuting the president’s son Hunter Biden on gun purchase and tax delinquency crimes, announced that FBI informant Alexander Smirnov has been charged with making a false statement and creating a false record related to the bribery allegation.

Republicans brought Smirnov’s claims to light last summer as part of their investigation into alleged corruption in the Biden family.

Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) obtained and published an FBI file recording Smirnov’s claim that Mykola Zlochevsky, owner of a Ukrainian gas company, Burisma, which employed the president’s son, had paid Hunter and Joe Biden $5 million in bribes.

For months, Republicans have claimed the bribery allegation had come from a credible source. According to the Justice Department, the allegation had been made up.

Smirnov could face up to 25 years in prison if convicted.

More at the link below...

I'm glad the truth is finally coming out. What do you think?
I don't care what they say, Hunter is not fit to be President!

I don't care what they say, Hunter is not fit to be President!
Exactly. The goal of Repubs has always been to smear Joe. Sadly, now that the Burisma horseshit has blown up in their faces, THE BASE WILL STILL BELIEVE THE LIES.

Cuz we know from experience once a lie becomes part of the RWM narrative it never can be extinguished. There are hundreds of debunked lies they still believe in. Like The Big Lie.

Exactly. The goal of Repubs has always been to smear Joe. Sadly, now that the Burisma horseshit has blown up in their faces, THE BASE WILL STILL BELIEVE THE LIES.

Cuz we know from experience once a lie becomes part of the RWM narrative it never can be extinguished. There are hundreds of debunked lies they still believe in. Like The Big Lie.
They don't have to smear. They have conclusively proven that Hunter Biden should be impeached and not allowed to run. :salute:

Zombie lies never die

You guys really can’t even begin to accept that youce been sold a bullshit narrative.
Yep.

You knew they would call this fake news, or a conspiracy, or corruption, or Soros, or whatever else popped to mind.

Anything but "yeah, I was wrong".

They really need to grow up, but I'm not holding my breath.

I've been posting about this in my award-winning thread The Clowns Investigating President Biden but the usual Biden-haters and propagandists have avoided it like it was a life-saving vaccine. Maybe this thread will get them to see the truth.

Former FBI informant charged with lying about Biden business

Special counsel David Weiss — who has previously filed criminal charges against President Biden’s son Hunter — announced new charges Thursday against a former FBI informant who officials say lied about the Bidens’ business dealings.

The indictment returned by a grand jury in Los Angeles accuses Alexander Smirnov of making a false statement and creating a false and fictitious record. The charges amount to a stark rebuke of conservatives, particularly Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Accountability, who touted Smirnov’s claims as he and other Republican lawmakers tried to build a corruption case against the president and his family.

Smirnov, 43, is described in charging documents as a former confidential human source for the FBI who gave agents false information in 2020 about a prominent political figure and his son. The description of the two individuals matches that of Joe Biden and his son Hunter, and a person familiar with the matter said those are the individuals about whom Smirnov lied. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case.

Forum List

Back