CDZ Fear and guns....a discussion.

I do have some fear. There is a rational and justifiable reason to be afraid. It's violent out there. I fear for my family and my property.

The gun grabbers also fear, but they will try to pretend that our fear is unwarranted. They can't do it if we don't allow them to.

The world was not made perfect.

Which is exactly why we need guns.

You should realize that you cannot reason with some people and that they will just start insulting and making false accusations against you. They are terrible and rotten people.
There is something mentally wrong with you.......I suggest you look in a mirror.....it may shock you

I am calling your bluff. Post anything from me that shows something is "mentally wrong" with me. I'll be waiting. I suspect, like Charwin and the others who cannot form a coherent thought, you will come up empty handed. ;) I've read plenty of your posts on Israel, etc. I know just what kind of a person you are. Now, again, you must be reminded that this is the CLEAN DEBATE ZONE. You are not allowed to personally insult others. Try to control yourself please. Thanks.
I apologise Chris............take my Olive Branch please.......I have been unfair to you.steven

I live in the Great Country of Australia

Ah the former prison colony no wonder they ban guns you're all the descended from criminals

Oh, that's true, isn't it? I had forgotten about that little factoid. Explains a lot. Lol. :D
Trouble IS that prior to TRANSPORTING PEOPLE TO AUSTRALIA.....THEY WERE SENT FOR YEARS TO AMERICA......see how the liq,educates Dumb Ass Americans.......You need to put your BRAIN into GEAR before OPENING THAT MOUTH OF YOURS........Don't Ya

But, you cannot even spell or use correct grammar? That tells me you are an extremely uneducated individual. Sorry about that. :( That is probably something you could talk about with your Australian friends. Your horrible school system.
That's really funny,considering I employ 300+ people on three continents......what do you do ?
Anyone can be anything on the interwebs

As the burden of making automobiles safe has been turned over to the auto manufacturers so the gun safety issue should first be turned over to the gun manufacturers.
One of the problems with gun deaths is the "spur of the moment" shooting by normally reasonable people.
And unsecured guns that end up in the hands of children.
An appeal to emotion that, in reality, is exceptionally rare.

The problem is not guns, it is morally bankrupt paranoiacs who display a complete indifference to human life.
In this, you must mean criminals and the mentally ill.

What are you willing to do to reduce gun deaths?
Enforce the laws we already have to the fullest extent possible and length the sentences for those who commit crimes with guns.

[
I've proposed no laws. I have proposed one thing, and one thing only. The prevention of unnecessary death. I believe that to be the CDC's mission.
The CDC does not believe its mission to be so narrow, regarding what it seeks to prevent, nor so broad, regarding "health threats" as you do.

CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.

CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.
Mission, Role and Pledge | About | CDC

You should realize that you cannot reason with some people and that they will just start insulting and making false accusations against you. They are terrible and rotten people.
There is something mentally wrong with you.......I suggest you look in a mirror.....it may shock you

I am calling your bluff. Post anything from me that shows something is "mentally wrong" with me. I'll be waiting. I suspect, like Charwin and the others who cannot form a coherent thought, you will come up empty handed. ;) I've read plenty of your posts on Israel, etc. I know just what kind of a person you are. Now, again, you must be reminded that this is the CLEAN DEBATE ZONE. You are not allowed to personally insult others. Try to control yourself please. Thanks.
I apologise Chris............take my Olive Branch please.......I have been unfair to you.steven

Okay, sure! :) I apologize too.

[
I've proposed no laws. I have proposed one thing, and one thing only. The prevention of unnecessary death. I believe that to be the CDC's mission.
The CDC does not believe its mission to be so narrow, regarding what it seeks to prevent, nor so broad, regarding "health threats" as you do.

CDC works 24/7 to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S. Whether diseases start at home or abroad, are chronic or acute, curable or preventable, human error or deliberate attack, CDC fights disease and supports communities and citizens to do the same.

CDC increases the health security of our nation. As the nation’s health protection agency, CDC saves lives and protects people from health threats. To accomplish our mission, CDC conducts critical science and provides health information that protects our nation against expensive and dangerous health threats, and responds when these arise.
Really? What type of preventable death do they regard as outside their purview? Anything that kills you is a health threat, isn't it?

The problem is not guns, it is morally bankrupt paranoiacs who display a complete indifference to human life.

Enforce the laws we already have to the fullest extent possible and length the sentences for those who commit crimes with guns.
Nope, I'm talking about people who pretend that there are important issues involved in gun ownership. That a giant conspiracy exists to take away their guns. If not for the knee-jerk reaction of these people we could address the problem of gun violence in exactly the same way we deal with other health threats, automotive death, smoking, workplace safety.

I'm engaging in this thread because ChrisL cited the CDC study that contradicted some of the widely held beliefs about gun safety. I'm happy that it did. I believe in science. I'm not afraid of it. The NRA is. Why? Are you?

CDC Gun Research Backfires on Obama - Guns & Ammo

When the CDC says something gun rights extremists like, then they're OK. if they say anything negative about guns it's because they're biased. I find that duplicitous garbage despicable and cowardly.

Putting people in prison is waaaay too expensive. Killing them is not an option. The existing laws have nothing to do with the problem, which is largely suicide. Suicide is a growing problem, and the CDC should be allowed to study it further, as they have requested.

[

Really? What type of preventable death do they regard as outside their purview? Anything that kills you is a health threat, isn't it?

What about boredom? If that kills you do they research that?

Nope, I'm talking about people who pretend that there are important issues involved in gun ownership. That a giant conspiracy exists to take away their guns. If not for the knee-jerk reaction of these people we could address the problem of gun violence in exactly the same way we deal with other health threats, automotive death, smoking, workplace safety.

I'm engaging in this thread because ChrisL cited the CDC study that contradicted some of the widely held beliefs about gun safety. I'm happy that it did. I believe in science. I'm not afraid of it. The NRA is. Why? Are you?

When the CDC says something gun rights extremists like, then they're OK. if they say anything negative about guns it's because they're biased. I find that duplicitous garbage despicable and cowardly.

Putting people in prison is waaaay too expensive. Killing them is not an option. The existing laws have nothing to do with the problem, which is largely suicide. Suicide is a growing problem, and the CDC should be allowed to study it further, as they have requested.

They actually do have anti gun researchers…their anti gun crap started in the 90s and they didn't hide it…..

I have a feeling I am on his ignore list.......perhaps I am wrong. Thanks for all the posts ChrisL.....I enjoy them....

That is not true..... I don't put any one on ignore. Ignore are just for pussy and weak. If people can't handle the brutality of Internet then try should not be here. I just don't have time to deal with you now because you posted and using the same cut and paste all the time.

I didn't mean you...I meant the guy with the obama as elvis avatar....
No, I haven't put you on "ignore". I simply ignore you. As I have said to you before, anyone who believes that the CDC has an anti-gun agenda is not rational. Anyone who quotes the CDC report to support their position, then claims the CDC is not to be trusted is duplicitous or insane.

The real reason I ignore you is that you are boring. You see everything in black and white. Someone is either 100% for everything you believe or they are 100% wrong about everything. You are incapable of dealing with people as individuals.

I have a feeling I am on his ignore list.......perhaps I am wrong. Thanks for all the posts ChrisL.....I enjoy them....

That is not true..... I don't put any one on ignore. Ignore are just for pussy and weak. If people can't handle the brutality of Internet then try should not be here. I just don't have time to deal with you now because you posted and using the same cut and paste all the time.

No, I haven't put you on "ignore". I simply ignore you. As I have said to you before, anyone who believes that the CDC has an anti-gun agenda is not rational. Anyone who quotes the CDC report to support their position, then claims the CDC is not to be trusted is duplicitous or insane.

The real reason I ignore you is that you are boring. You see everything in black and white. Someone is either 100% for everything you believe or they are 100% wrong about everything. You are incapable of dealing with people as individuals.

Blah, Blah, Blah……I post the truth, facts and reality…and back it up with links to the actual research….you can't deal with that so you won't deal with it……..

They actually do have anti gun researchers…their anti gun crap started in the 90s and they didn't hide it…..

One of the main guys, Dr. Kleck, started off as an anti-gunner until he did his research and realized the truth. :)

One of the main guys, Dr. Kleck, started off as an anti-gunner until he did his research and realized the truth. :)

I find it funny they only attack him….have you seen my list of studies I always post…….all of those studies, by different researchers, many of them anti gun….and the anti gun loons focus exclusively on him….

Did you see…he has a new study out on magazine capacity and mass shootings…now that will be interesting.

Nope, I'm talking about people who pretend that there are important issues involved in gun ownership.
Hmm. That must be because there are.

But I do have to ask... in terms of people with a complete indifference to human life, why aren't you talking about criminals and the mentally ill?

After all, criminals and the mentally ill are directly responsible for the huge majority of gun-related deaths.
That a giant conspiracy exists to take away their guns
There are a any number people in positions of power that give reason for concern.
Not all that long ago, both Hillary and Obama spoke about how the Aussie approach to their gun problem - mandatory gun buy-backs - was worth looking at.
Therefore, gun owners have, at the very least, legitimate reason to be concerned.
If not for the knee-jerk reaction of these people we could address the problem of gun violence in exactly the same way we deal with other health threats, automotive death, smoking, workplace safety.
Interesting.
Keeping in mind the constitutional restrictions on the state, how do you suppose this would manifest itself?
I'm engaging in this thread because ChrisL cited the CDC study that contradicted some of the widely held beliefs about gun safety.
Such as?
Putting people in prison is waaaay too expensive. Killing them is not an option.
Certainly, you believe that people that commit murder, attempted murder, rape, assault, armed robbery, etc should be put in prison.
Why not keep them there longer if they use a gun?
The existing laws have nothing to do with the problem, which is largely suicide.
Under the Constitution, it is legally impossible to prevent someone who is legally able to buy a gun from doing so.
That being the case,m how do you prevent people from killing themselves with their guns?

Then address it already, and quit trying to discredit people. Instead present YOUR arguement that is counter to theirs. It really is that simple, it's how a debate works. I see this far too often, from both sides of issues. One person/side states their arguement and the other person/side tries to discredit them without stating their own arguement. I admit, I have been guilty of this as well. I am, after all, only human.
I say again:
If you, truely want to "...address the problem of gun violence in exactly the same way we deal with other health threats..." then address it already. Otherwise you are wasting everyone's time.

I find it funny they only attack him….have you seen my list of studies I always post…….all of those studies, by different researchers, many of them anti gun….and the anti gun loons focus exclusively on him….

Did you see…he has a new study out on magazine capacity and mass shootings…now that will be interesting.

I rarely see you "attack" anyone. You are usually focused on the topic and post the facts. People don't like facts. When they can't accept the facts, they will just spread lies and tell falsehoods that even THEY don't really believe. :)

The CDC performed the study they were asked to do. They investigated ALL the data exhaustively and came up with the results of the study. It is just too bad that you don't like those results.

NOBODY said they were 100% wrong about everything. That only exists is YOUR own mind. Acknowledging the fact that the study they performed WAS based on a political agenda does not mean that we are saying they are 100% wrong all of the time. Duh.

Forum List

Back