Federal appeals court rules religious businesses can refuse same-sex weddings

And gay couples will continue to marry. This will simply open up new business for others.
Still legal....just let everyone know who the homophobes are. They are probably the same who would refuse mixed-race marriages.....It's a pattern.

GOOD. Gay-marriage is contrary thought. It's a slap in the face of core values, nature and common sense. Some people find the idea absurd, and I'm one of them. I'm not even religious.

Marriage supports the very core of nature in humans. Homosexuality does not fit into the category, because it's a contradiction. Homosexuality is not equal to heterosexuality on any level, so why pretend it is?

While some arguments for gay marriage sound plausible, every one of them could be applied to marriage between close relatives.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/federal-appeals-court-rules-religious-122449223.html

yahoo!!!! now if all states could go back banning gay marriage america would be great again

God forbid the government should not be allowed to tell people how they can marry. This sort of thing must just kill you authoritarian statist types.

IMO government has no business in marriage at all - straight, homo, or otherwise.

And gay couples will continue to marry. This will simply open up new business for others.
Still legal....just let everyone know who the homophobes are. They are probably the same who would refuse mixed-race marriages.....It's a pattern.

So what if it is? Who are you to tell someone else how to run their business?

As mankind become more liberal they will be more apt to allow, that all those who conduct themselves as worthy members of the Community are equally entitled to the protection of civil Government. I hope ever to see America among the foremost nations in examples of justice and liberality.

From George Washington to Roman Catholics in America, c.15 March 1790

GOOD. Gay-marriage is contrary thought. It's a slap in the face of core values, nature and common sense. Some people find the idea absurd, and I'm one of them. I'm not even religious.

Marriage supports the very core of nature in humans. Homosexuality does not fit into the category, because it's a contradiction. Homosexuality is not equal to heterosexuality on any level, so why pretend it is?

While some arguments for gay marriage sound plausible, every one of them could be applied to marriage between close relatives.

yahoo!!!! now if all states could go back banning gay marriage america would be great again

God forbid the government should not be allowed to tell people how they can marry. This sort of thing must just kill you authoritarian statist types.

IMO government has no business in marriage at all - straight, homo, or otherwise.

Interesting. Then they shouldn't provide any benefits, such as tax breaks and SSA survival benefits.

Once upon a time societies (& government) took interest in marriage, because marriage supported reproduction, stability, families, economics & nation building. Basic science and economics.

But then progs. decided that homosexuality fits into the equation. They gave us long-term welfare promoting children without fathers too. So yeah, at this point the government should get out of it. The intent is corrupted anyway, just like everything else the progs touch.

I agree 100%, they should not be. I have said that many times on here, but as long as they are, there is no reason to exclude gay people

Fine..and leave Christians alone... anyone with a lick of sense sees the homos are targeting

You constant complainers never specify which Christians. Your fault. I've known plenty of LGBTs who are themselves Christian. One even taught Sunday School.

Constant complainers? You do realize you loons have been complaining for three fricken years...dumbass.

I'm also entirely fine with the government getting out of marriage.

Fine..and leave Christians alone... anyone with a lick of sense sees the homos are targeting

They need to put a sign in the window. Bet they won't.

No they don't dumbass. It's Constitutional.

Freedom OF religion. Go ahead and start a business catering to 3% of the population. I'll give you 6 months tops

I believe they have a right if they want to turn away customers. I'm saying they should place the notice in the window so they don't have to bothered doing so.

I bet they won't.

I see what you're trying, ....no colored allowed.

You're a simpleton and easily revealed

Again it's Constitutional...deny it and if you do prove it
I think if classes of people are not going to be served in an establishment they have a right to know ahead of time.

The homos keep losing when their demands hit federal courts.

They always kept losing in referendums too. Even here in Communist California, Proposition 8 to eliminate the right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry, was a statewide ballot proposition in California. In 2008 it won!! California voted against homo marriage. The courts immediately overturned it.

Homo marriage ONLY exists because of corrupt courts.

They used to say that about interacial marriage.

You constant complainers never specify which Christians. Your fault. I've known plenty of LGBTs who are themselves Christian. One even taught Sunday School.

Constant complainers? You do realize you loons have been complaining for three fricken years...dumbass.

The "Christian" fundies have been complaining for decades and think that the whole nation should stop to cater to their demands. This is entirely unrealistic. Nobody is going to change their behavior to suit the beliefs of total strangers. I don't think that you stop what you're doing to accommodate anyone else's beliefs. Put down that pork chop and pray to Yahweh, G-d, and Allah.

I thought the issue was settled by the S.C. with the Phillips case. Somehow it seems that liberal decisions like Roe/Wade are assumed to be the law of the land no matter how narrow and faulty but decisions that tend to favor conservatives have to be constantly reviewed.

I thought the issue was settled by the S.C. with the Phillips case. Somehow it seems that liberal decisions like Roe/Wade are assumed to be the law of the land no matter how narrow and faulty but decisions that tend to favor conservatives have to be constantly reviewed.

So-called "conservatives" have no right to trample on the rights of others. Hence, the reviews. So-called "conservatives" involve themselves in the personal business of others, whose rights are of equal worth.

In reference to Roe v. Wade, anyone whose beliefs tend against abortion will not have one. They always have the choice not to have a termination.

So-called "conservatives" have no right to trample on the rights of others. Hence, the reviews. So-called "conservatives" involve themselves in the personal business of others, whose rights are of equal worth.

In reference to Roe v. Wade, anyone whose beliefs tend against abortion will not have one. They always have the choice not to have a termination.[/QUOT
The 1st Amendment freedom of religion came along long before the crazy left started worrying about the "rights" of homosexuals to trample on the religious beliefs of the other 98% of he population. The dirty little secret is that homosexuals can find a hundred gay bakers but they want to force (at the point of a gun?) religious people to conform to their agenda.

The homos keep losing when their demands hit federal courts.

They always kept losing in referendums too. Even here in Communist California, Proposition 8 to eliminate the right of Same-Sex Couples to Marry, was a statewide ballot proposition in California. In 2008 it won!! California voted against homo marriage. The courts immediately overturned it.

Homo marriage ONLY exists because of corrupt courts.

They used to say that about interacial marriage.

There was a Trump worshiper last week that said such marriages should be outlawed as well. And none of the other Trumpians disagreed.

Gotta admit, i was kinda looking forward to the gay community being as miserable as the rest of us.....
:boohoo:
~S~

Forum List

Back