Federal Employee Union Sues Government Over Shutdown, Alleging Wage Violations

I don't really care about these federal workers. They are parasites off those of us who work in the private sector and don't have all the protections they do.

Yes, clearly a govt of, by, for the people is parasitic, while a govt of, by, for concentrated corporate state wealth and power is fweedumb.
----------------------------- Americans don't care about these 'fed' people . Let them sue , let them cry , maybe the TRUMP can feck them up Lowrie .
They all vote...their adult family members vote. tiny trump said they were all Democrats. Well, they are now.
It is more than just federal employees but contractors and businesses that rely on a functioning government
Once again...tiny trump finds a way to stiff contractors.

Exactly. Instead of going to court, why doesn't the precious union go to the Senate Democrats and tell them to pass the bill with the wall money?
Why don’t they go to the Republicans and tell them to stop using their workers as hostages

Do what we demand or the Federal Workers get it!
Why don't democrats pay for the wall? Tell democrats to stop using workers as hostages.

It wasn’t the Democrats who offered a wall and said.....don’t worry, Mexico will pay for it

Looks like Republicans are demanding Federal Workers pay for it

No, we're demanding taxpayers pay for it since it's taxpayers that will benefit the most from it.
Nope...tiny trump said over and over and over again that Mexico will pay for the Wall. When do you think they'll hand over the check for that?

That's your obsession, not ours. You've been trained like a monkey to keep bringing that up as if anybody really cared. That's why you've done it a half-dozen times in two pages. Don't feel bad, your fellow comrades are doing the same. But as for us:

images.png

You think you're getting your SS check? :71:

Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid services are expected to continue without interruptions as all three programs fall under “mandatory spending.” That means funds for these programs have already been allocated and will not be affected by the annual appropriations process, so Social Security checks will still be issued.

Will Social Security checks be affected by possible partial government shutdown?

What a dumbass.
We don't need government workers! Send them home and stop sending checks.....that's what the Right wants, remember?

Takes a long time to get a lawsuit through the courts...........good luck. Your going to need it.

They know that already. The union is just pissed they are not getting their cut for a while. Unions don't care about people, unions care about money. That's why outside of government, they are pretty much a thing of the past.
Unions were needed once upon a time, but their day is over because of labor laws. Once something has outlived its purpose it becomes corrupted.

"The 2nd Amendment was needed once upon a time, but it's day is over." See? We can all play that game.

Unions are a constitutional right? Where in the Constitution are unions at?

Yeah...bad unions...bad bad unions. Let's all go back to the days of child labor, 6 day weeks, 60+ hours a week, no health care, no safety rules, etc. Yay for the Right!

Unions are pure evil

Imagine expecting workers to be paid
More working people without unions than with. You think people without a union don't work for a living?
Very true

That is why wages and benefits have declined
Government has grown, huh. The bigger government gets and the more expensive government gets, the less our wages are. Think.
The size of the government hasn’t grown in 50 years.....Think
Oh. My. God. You're mentally ill.

Takes a long time to get a lawsuit through the courts...........good luck. Your going to need it.

They know that already. The union is just pissed they are not getting their cut for a while. Unions don't care about people, unions care about money. That's why outside of government, they are pretty much a thing of the past.
Yeah...bad unions...bad bad unions. Let's all go back to the days of child labor, 6 day weeks, 60+ hours a week, no health care, no safety rules, etc. Yay for the Right!

Unions have been dead for some time now. Why are there no places with child labor and no safety rules?

Blame the Democrats, if they had helped pass a 2019 budget, none of this would be happening.

It was passed. Trump childishly refused to sign it.
That’s his job, he is entitled to veto any bill. So unless Dems can pass a veto proof bill, they have to compromise on something with Republicans and the President.

No. That's just his ability for now. His job is to do what's best for the country. Building a stupid wall is not what's best for the country

Tell that to the deceased officers wife and kids in CA.
Just them? Don't you care for all the officers killed by citizens? No....I expect you do not.

Why not just pay the workers? Why should they not get paid when they have zero to do with the dispute. Zero. Cannot n order be crafted so ordinary workers can feed their kids? They arent the elected officials who are acting like kids who dont get their way. Both sides should be ashamed. To hem people dont matter i guess. Hard to see it any other way. Imagine some corporation not paying itsitemployees. Should walmart expect employees to show up for no pay?

They aren't being denied that right. In fact, they're getting a paid vacation.

What about the 400,000 who are being forced to work without pay?
They're gonna get paid eventually, so in reality they're getting a paid vacation. Tell Chuck and Nancy to get back to Washington and work out a deal. Trump is in the White House while they're off laying around drinking martinis.

So you call going to work a "vacation'...you must have a pretty cushy job.
They're on a paid vacation. They're not working and they will receive back pay when this is all over. As for my cushy job, yes I do quite well on my Social Security that I paid for and my part-time job that I work at. I'm very comfortable, not that it's any of your damn business and isn't part of this discussion, you little snotty punk.
Of course I'm getting my Social Security check. Why wouldn't I and everyone on Social Security get their checks? Dum Dum.

And give in to blackmail? Never.
If it was a Democrat President, you'd accuse Republicans of playing partisan politics and demanding they be bipartisan. We've become very familiar with the game y'all play.

You mean like the Rs did for the entire 8 years of our last presidents terms?
No, I mean like when republicans tried to get some of their ideas into Obamacare and Obama and democrats told them to go pound sand. If you want to go down this road you better have some arrows in your quiver or you're gonna look even dumber than you already are.

Are you kidding? Republicans in the house and the senate had already vowed to keep any bill for healthcare from reaching the president's desk, no matter what was in it. They didn't want to have input on the bill. They wanted to stop it.
You're gonna have to give me a source for that fairy tale.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

There is rarely anyone who says one thing positive about average working americsns on this forum. Why the disdain? American workers complain the least, work the hardest and sacrifice the most for their employers yet nobody here recognizes this fact. Good workers are easy to find. Perhaps this is the problem.

If it was a Democrat President, you'd accuse Republicans of playing partisan politics and demanding they be bipartisan. We've become very familiar with the game y'all play.

You mean like the Rs did for the entire 8 years of our last presidents terms?
No, I mean like when republicans tried to get some of their ideas into Obamacare and Obama and democrats told them to go pound sand. If you want to go down this road you better have some arrows in your quiver or you're gonna look even dumber than you already are.

Are you kidding? Republicans in the house and the senate had already vowed to keep any bill for healthcare from reaching the president's desk, no matter what was in it. They didn't want to have input on the bill. They wanted to stop it.
You're gonna have to give me a source for that fairy tale.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”
Fail. Two totally different things. My point stands. Republicans tried to get some of their ideas incorporated into the health bill and Democrats shut them out.

Why don’t they go to the Republicans and tell them to stop using their workers as hostages

Do what we demand or the Federal Workers get it!
Why don't democrats pay for the wall? Tell democrats to stop using workers as hostages.

It wasn’t the Democrats who offered a wall and said.....don’t worry, Mexico will pay for it

Looks like Republicans are demanding Federal Workers pay for it

No, we're demanding taxpayers pay for it since it's taxpayers that will benefit the most from it.
Nope...tiny trump said over and over and over again that Mexico will pay for the Wall. When do you think they'll hand over the check for that?

That's your obsession, not ours. You've been trained like a monkey to keep bringing that up as if anybody really cared. That's why you've done it a half-dozen times in two pages. Don't feel bad, your fellow comrades are doing the same. But as for us:

View attachment 237900
Interesting how you want to deny your own orange master's words....don't you feel like Peter denying Jesus 3 times?

No. That's just his ability for now. His job is to do what's best for the country. Building a stupid wall is not what's best for the country

81% of Americans want border security, we differ on how that is accomplished.

59% say spending money on a stupid wall that will not work is not the best way to improve border security.

What about the 400,000 who are being forced to work without pay?
They're gonna get paid eventually, so in reality they're getting a paid vacation. Tell Chuck and Nancy to get back to Washington and work out a deal. Trump is in the White House while they're off laying around drinking martinis.

So you call going to work a "vacation'...you must have a pretty cushy job.
They're on a paid vacation. They're not working and they will receive back pay when this is all over. As for my cushy job, yes I do quite well on my Social Security that I paid for and my part-time job that I work at. I'm very comfortable, not that it's any of your damn business and isn't part of this discussion, you little snotty punk.
Of course I'm getting my Social Security check. Why wouldn't I and everyone on Social Security get their checks? Dum Dum.
So you are dependent on government workers....workers that currently are not being paid to send you your check.

Forum List

Back