Federal Judge Halts Release of 3D-Printed Gun Blueprints

Don't like it at all, and something like this should be banned immediately. We should make all efforts to stop anyone from by passing the laws or safety measures already recognized or enacted by this country.

Just keeps getting dumber and dumber and dumber as we go it seems.

its being fought out in the courts . Some dude has directions on how you me and every psycho can use a 3D printer to make your own u traceable firearm!

What are people’s thoughts ? Is this even a 2nd amendment issue ??

Judge blocks release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns
Yep should be allowed in fact thousands of people already have the directions AND even though its been shut down at this time SOMEONE will put it on the web for free :D I might just download it just to have it. Have no interest in making one ever but its just cool to have. It REALLY bugs the authoritarian left when they can't control something ESPECIALLY something that insures peoples freedom like a gun.

Like you can’t just buy one ? It’s not that hard . Unless you are a criminal .

Funny how you righties are so authoritarian with everything that’s NOT guns .
No you can't buy an untraceable gun. Literally with this you can just print up a gun and NO ONE KNOWS especially the government. The "right" is authoritarian on what? Abortion doesn't count because Abortion is murder of another person so give me some examples

Dude. Name any other right than the 2nd and the cons are actively out to dilute it .

Name one and I’ll give an example .
YOU said the right was authoritarian that means CONTROL over something if we are trying to DILUTE something that means LESS CONTROL....jesus.

Huh? I’m talking about diluting our rights . As in making them less .

Plastic guns should be illegal
Metal detectors don’t pick them up

That's a myth.

Any 'plastic gun' will still need brass or nickel shells and lead or steel projectiles. If you don't want it to blow up in your hand, it will need a steel barrel and receiver.

There is no such thing as an 'undetectable gun' with or without 3D printing.

yeah, I think thats true. The barrel would need to have a steel sleeve. without proper rifling the bullet would be innacurate as hell and who knows what would happen after firing it a few times.

its being fought out in the courts . Some dude has directions on how you me and every psycho can use a 3D printer to make your own u traceable firearm!

This is so stupid ... you can buy this book 20 year old book on Amazon

images

Or download it free on the web. It contains plans, templates, and instructions for creating an SMG with off the shelf parts and hand tools.
You know we are talking about plastic firearms right?

You're talking about two things ...

1. A plastic gun that is invisible to metal detectors. This is a myth. They don't exist and can't be made with 3D printers.

2. A plastic gun that can be made by any person in a few minutes just by downloading a file from the Internet. This doesn't exist either and is just as much a myth as the invisible gun.

You're talking a lot of fear-mongering about two things that don't exist.

What I'm talking about is ... while you're soiling your depends over the imaginary 3D printed invisible gun, the ability to make real, usable, safe, and functional firearms, cheap and easy, using publicly available information has been around for decades.

The entire OP is nonsense.
I don’t know anything about these weapons, I’m learning now. I just watched an interview with the guy who won the court case to release these blueprints and apparently the guns can be made and functional with no metal... but the bullets are metal so a loaded gun would not make it through a metal detector. The gun itself with no bullets would make it through

Last edited:
Has the GOP received their instructions from the NRA yet?
Until then we won't know whether they're consitutional or not.

oh piss off.

"The National Rifle Association had to point out Tuesday that any untraceable gun is outlawed in reference to the recent legal settlement that will allow for the blueprints on how to print and set up a gun from a 3D printer to be available to the public."

“Many anti-gun politicians and members of the media have wrongly claimed that 3D printing technology will allow for the production and widespread proliferation of undetectable plastic firearms. Regardless of what a person may be able to publish on the Internet, undetectable plastic guns have been illegal for 30 years,” Chris Cox, the NRA-ILA Executive Director, said, according to Stephen Gutowski.

He continued, “Federal law passed in 1988, crafted with the NRA’s support, makes it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.”

NRA Shoots Back: These 3D Printed Untraceable Guns Have Been Illegal For Three Decades

images

Or download it free on the web. It contains plans, templates, and instructions for creating an SMG with off the shelf parts and hand tools.

Yeah but it’s such a pain in the ass to build your own gun.

I've been using 3D printers of years. I've built two printers from scratch. To make a usable firearm with a 3D printer would just as much time and effort as building from scratch. 3D printed machines with interacting parts require a lot of post-processing to work properly.

Yeah, Ive seen a little bit of threeD printing and learned some of the programs to do it. What people don't realize is that with most 3d printing, if you want anything with any tolerances at all, there is some finished machining that needs to be done or other processes after the printing is done. No one is just going to pop them out like pop tarts from a toaster

oh piss off.

"The National Rifle Association had to point out Tuesday that any untraceable gun is outlawed in reference to the recent legal settlement that will allow for the blueprints on how to print and set up a gun from a 3D printer to be available to the public."

“Many anti-gun politicians and members of the media have wrongly claimed that 3D printing technology will allow for the production and widespread proliferation of undetectable plastic firearms. Regardless of what a person may be able to publish on the Internet, undetectable plastic guns have been illegal for 30 years,” Chris Cox, the NRA-ILA Executive Director, said, according to Stephen Gutowski.

He continued, “Federal law passed in 1988, crafted with the NRA’s support, makes it unlawful to manufacture, import, sell, ship, deliver, possess, transfer, or receive an undetectable firearm.”

NRA Shoots Back: These 3D Printed Untraceable Guns Have Been Illegal For Three Decades

Hmmmm so they didn’t come out against it .

oh piss off.

What's to come out against? It's a settled lawsuit.

Yep should be allowed in fact thousands of people already have the directions AND even though its been shut down at this time SOMEONE will put it on the web for free :D I might just download it just to have it. Have no interest in making one ever but its just cool to have. It REALLY bugs the authoritarian left when they can't control something ESPECIALLY something that insures peoples freedom like a gun.

No you can't buy an untraceable gun. Literally with this you can just print up a gun and NO ONE KNOWS especially the government. The "right" is authoritarian on what? Abortion doesn't count because Abortion is murder of another person so give me some examples

Dude. Name any other right than the 2nd and the cons are actively out to dilute it .

YOU said the right was authoritarian that means CONTROL over something if we are trying to DILUTE something that means LESS CONTROL....jesus.

What rights? Killing a baby is murder...

images

1. A plastic gun that is invisible to metal detectors. This is a myth. They don't exist and can't be made with 3D printers.

2. A plastic gun that can be made by any person in a few minutes just by downloading a file from the Internet. This doesn't exist either and is just as much a myth as the invisible gun.

What I'm talking about is ... while you're soiling your depends over the imaginary 3D printed invisible gun, the ability to make real, usable, safe, and functional firearms, cheap and easy, using publicly available information has been around for decades.

I don’t know anything about these weapons, I’m learning now. I just watched an interview with the guy who won the court case to release these blueprints and apparently the guns can be made and functional with no metal... but the bullets are metal so a loaded gun would not make it through a metal detector. The gun itself with no bullets would make it through

And what would you do with the unloaded gun? Beat someone to death with it?

A gun made of PLA plastic would be lighter than an iPhone.

oh piss off.

What's to come out against? It's a settled lawsuit.

Then they could’ve said “yeah we ain’t cool
With this 3D gun thing .” Instead they come out with some lame ass “it’s been illegal for 30’years”. Which is a total bull shit dodge cause the tech didn’t exist 30 years ago.

images

And what would you do with the unloaded gun? Beat someone to death with it?

A gun made of PLA plastic would be lighter than an iPhone.
Just trying to get the facts straight

What rights? Killing a baby is murder...

It’s a potential baby. Once again proving me right that cons are against our freedoms . Freedom over ones body in this case .

Forum List

Back