Federal Judge Halts Release of 3D-Printed Gun Blueprints

its being fought out in the courts . Some dude has directions on how you me and every psycho can use a 3D printer to make your own u traceable firearm!

What are people’s thoughts ? Is this even a 2nd amendment issue ??

Judge blocks release of blueprints for 3D-printed guns
Yep should be allowed in fact thousands of people already have the directions AND even though its been shut down at this time SOMEONE will put it on the web for free :D I might just download it just to have it. Have no interest in making one ever but its just cool to have. It REALLY bugs the authoritarian left when they can't control something ESPECIALLY something that insures peoples freedom like a gun.

Like you can’t just buy one ? It’s not that hard . Unless you are a criminal .

Funny how you righties are so authoritarian with everything that’s NOT guns .
No you can't buy an untraceable gun. Literally with this you can just print up a gun and NO ONE KNOWS especially the government. The "right" is authoritarian on what? Abortion doesn't count because Abortion is murder of another person so give me some examples

Literally with this you can just print up a gun and NO ONE KNOWS especially the government.

Making an 'untraceable gun' isn't anything new. People have been doing it for more than 100 years. It doesn't take that much skill. Anyone who received a passing grade in metal shop could accomplish it.

its being fought out in the courts . Some dude has directions on how you me and every psycho can use a 3D printer to make your own u traceable firearm!

The question should be asked:

How are you going to get the blueprints back in the bag? That ship sailed.
Make possession of a plastic gun illegal

We can expect those who already downloaded them to delete them on good faith?

The question should be asked:

How are you going to get the blueprints back in the bag? That ship sailed.
Make possession of a plastic gun illegal

Having possession of a firearm with no serial number is already illegal. If it's made of plastic, glass, steel, or uranium.

Yep should be allowed in fact thousands of people already have the directions AND even though its been shut down at this time SOMEONE will put it on the web for free :D I might just download it just to have it. Have no interest in making one ever but its just cool to have. It REALLY bugs the authoritarian left when they can't control something ESPECIALLY something that insures peoples freedom like a gun.

No you can't buy an untraceable gun. Literally with this you can just print up a gun and NO ONE KNOWS especially the government. The "right" is authoritarian on what? Abortion doesn't count because Abortion is murder of another person so give me some examples

Dude. Name any other right than the 2nd and the cons are actively out to dilute it .

Name one and I’ll give an example .

Dude. Name any other right than the 2nd and the cons are actively out to dilute it .

Name one and I’ll give an example .
YOU said the right was authoritarian that means CONTROL over something if we are trying to DILUTE something that means LESS CONTROL....jesus.

They do not look safe to me
After firing them a while, they look like they would blow up

I think they do blow up...eventually. There's a whole wikipedia entry on 3d printed plastic guns and how long they'll last.

List of 3D printed weapons and parts - Wikipedia

The Liberator...the one being fought over today...is a single shot .380 .

A gun made of PLA or ABS plastic (the plastics used in 99% of 3D printers, would blow up in your hand, guaranteed. Could be the first shot or the 20th shot, but it will happen.

A 3D printed gun is a 'hand removal tool'.

It sure as hell doesn’t insure people’s freedom when it is used against them to take their lives

This is so stupid ... you can buy this book 20 year old book on Amazon

images

Or download it free on the web. It contains plans, templates, and instructions for creating an SMG with off the shelf parts and hand tools.
You know we are talking about plastic firearms right?

It sure as hell doesn’t insure people’s freedom when it is used against them to take their lives
Crime is down so unless you plan on hurting someone,stealing from someone or otherwise doing something illegal against someone else the chances of you being hurt is pretty low. Not gonna matter if the gun is a ghost gun or a registered gun or not anyways when and if it kills you.

images

Or download it free on the web. It contains plans, templates, and instructions for creating an SMG with off the shelf parts and hand tools.

Yeah but it’s such a pain in the ass to build your own gun.

Give me access to the local Ace Hardware and $30...no tools...just $30...I'll buy the parts, the tools and construct a 12 gauge shotgun on the tailgate of my truck in the parking lot in 15 minutes. And it will be 100 times more powerful and long lasting that this 3d gun...and I don't need a high dollar 3d printer to make it.

I needed $8 extra for the hacksaw.

Give me a few more hour, I'll make the shells, mix the black powder and melt some lead wheel weights into 12 gauge slugs.

Last edited:

images

You know we are talking about plastic firearms right?

You're talking about two things ...

1. A plastic gun that is invisible to metal detectors. This is a myth. They don't exist and can't be made with 3D printers.

2. A plastic gun that can be made by any person in a few minutes just by downloading a file from the Internet. This doesn't exist either and is just as much a myth as the invisible gun.

You're talking a lot of fear-mongering about two things that don't exist.

What I'm talking about is ... while you're soiling your depends over the imaginary 3D printed invisible gun, the ability to make real, usable, safe, and functional firearms, cheap and easy, using publicly available information has been around for decades.

The entire OP is nonsense.

Forum List

Back