Federal Reserve Oversight Bill Passes House, Obama Veto Threat Looms

They should be on a leash.............I have no problem with it and agree....................But the establishment will not allow it.............They are in the tank.

"If the president were presented with (the legislation), his senior advisors would recommend that he veto the bill," the statement said.

Obama bailing out big money once again.

Last edited:

let's be honest the Fed is run by college professors and they have it down to a science. The idea of having no nothing politicians interceding could be a disaster for the economy. It is true the Fed is not democratic in any way shape or form but oddly that's for the best in this case.

Let's be honest, the Fed is not even part of the US Government and has absolutely no oversight, that has to change!

let's be honest the Fed is run by college professors and they have it down to a science. The idea of having no nothing politicians interceding could be a disaster for the economy. It is true the Fed is not democratic in any way shape or form but oddly that's for the best in this case.

Let's be honest, the Fed is not even part of the US Government and has absolutely no oversight, that has to change!

us govt is liberal so why give it oversight??

Almost all the profits from the Fed are swept to the government, the government appoints most of its members, the Fed is a creature of Congress, and it's head must - by law - testify to Congress at least twice a year.

But there's no oversight.

:thup:

What color is the sky in your world?

Almost all the profits from the Fed are swept to the government, the government appoints most of its members, the Fed is a creature of Congress, and it's head must - by law - testify to Congress at least twice a year.

Read it and weep:
The Federal Reserve is the chief culprit behind the economic crisis. Its unchecked power to create endless amounts of money out of thin air brought us the boom and bust cycle and causes one financial bubble after another. Since the Fed’s creation in 1913 the dollar has lost more than 96% of its value, and by recklessly inflating the money supply the Fed continues to distort interest rates and intentionally erodes the value of the dollar.

Audit the Federal Reserve

Politics aside, I'm against it.

a02fig35.jpg

Transparency?​

Read it and weep:
The Federal Reserve is the chief culprit behind the economic crisis. Its unchecked power to create endless amounts of money out of thin air brought us the boom and bust cycle and causes one financial bubble after another. Since the Fed’s creation in 1913 the dollar has lost more than 96% of its value, and by recklessly inflating the money supply the Fed continues to distort interest rates and intentionally erodes the value of the dollar.

Audit the Federal Reserve

So, your response to me saying that you're post is full of crap is to post something completely irrelevant to your original assertion?

The same could be said of the banks that were too big to fail.

Politics aside, I'm against it.

View attachment 55195

Transparency?​
Differential Equations don't change the aspect of an audit of the Federal Reserve on the monetary policies of the Fed................There are plenty of types who could do the math to audit it as well...................differential equations make the cobwebs in my head hurt............Triple integrals and all................

:spinner:

. Since the Fed’s creation in 1913 the dollar has lost more than 96% of its value,
total BS. Since 1913 we have made huge economic progress from the Wright Brothers to the Moon and Mars!! Losing 96% of its value must be a good thing??

. Since the Fed’s creation in 1913 the dollar has lost more than 96% of its value,
total BS. Since 1913 we have made huge economic progress from the Wright Brothers to the Moon and Mars!! Losing 96% of its value must be a good thing??

Quoted from:
Has the Dollar Really Lost 97% of it's Value?

I happen to enjoy Roach's writing and was surprised he challenged Congressman Paul on what I thought was a well-known statistic. To check and see who was right I went to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Consumer Price Index historical survey which goes back to 1913, which just happens to be the year the Fed began operating. As you can see in this table, in 1913 the CPI was 10 and today it's 229.4. This means the cost of a basket of goods has gone up by 22.94X in the last 99 years. To measure the loss of the dollar's value you simply divide 1/22.94 = .044 X 100 = 4.4%. In other words, the dollars has just 4.4% of it's value remaining and 95.6% of it's value has been lost. While Ron Paul may have been off by 1% in his comment, Roach was really off-base by saying "No, not even close". As usual, Ron Paul is right.

Quoted from:
Has the Dollar Really Lost 97% of it's Value?

I happen to enjoy Roach's writing and was surprised he challenged Congressman Paul on what I thought was a well-known statistic. To check and see who was right I went to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Consumer Price Index historical survey which goes back to 1913, which just happens to be the year the Fed began operating. As you can see in this table, in 1913 the CPI was 10 and today it's 229.4. This means the cost of a basket of goods has gone up by 22.94X in the last 99 years. To measure the loss of the dollar's value you simply divide 1/22.94 = .044 X 100 = 4.4%. In other words, the dollars has just 4.4% of it's value remaining and 95.6% of it's value has been lost. While Ron Paul may have been off by 1% in his comment, Roach was really off-base by saying "No, not even close". As usual, Ron Paul is right.

so I gather we want the Fed to keep doing what its doing in the hope we can have the same miracle of economic growth we have had for the last 100 years??

Wouldn't it be great if we could have elite professors run the government. We could end transparency once in for all. Don't tell the people what is in it while it is being deliberated on. Tell them that we have to pass the bill before you can see it. Screw democracy! It is ran by the ignorant masses who are to stupid to do anything. They can't even run there own lives which is why we have to run it for them.

Forum List

Back