🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Federally mandated Cameras for cops

All police should wear camera's and if the camera is turned off during an incident that later goes to court the fact that the camera was off should serve as evidence against the officer.

I know, that is why I disagree with you. They have enough on their plate, if a camera is not working, it is not a police officers fault. We have cameras on our equipment, unless power is deliberately cut. Otherwise any malfunction is not on the operator.

Your scenario was assinine. If the police are ambushed it's reasonable for them to have their camera's off. Though if they can manage to turn it on it will help identify the criminals later.

If they are responding to a call and their camera is in fine condition it's not unreasonable to expect for them to make sure their camera is on.

In your original statement, you said nothing about reasonable and as you see in the Ferguson case, reasonable does not work. For if the camera is off, for whatever reason, the officer is going to be guilty. It will be as in your own words "should serve as evidence against the officer."

If the camera is in fine working order, and the camera is off, then the officer has neglected a responsibility. These cameras run at all times. If the officer has turned it off then that is suspicious. If the camera has run out of battery then the officer has neglected responsibility. If the officer is not wearing his camera he has neglected responsibility.

I agree with you, I said so earlier, your scenario is off then, if they are on all the time, you said it was reasonable for them to have the camera off, now you are saying it is on all the time.

You also use the word reasonable, I find that word to be vague and in the scope of the legal field and in the court of public opinion a real cause for concern.

Reasonable doubt is vague and should be a cause for concern in some cases. These cameras would go a long way towards fixing that in cases involving police.

I think they would protect the police if the cameras were required, I think it is a city, county or state issue, not a federal but it is a good idea.

I just want to make sure if they are used that all, including the police and the citizens are protected. I would demand clear language to make sure that they are used to get the proof and not to feed agendas.

Thank you Old School, I may not agree with your positions, however I appreciate your sincerity and your passion.

So.....we have some riots going on, we have story after story of cops being dicks when cameras are put on them and they dont seem to know it. So why not take a few billion, ( we don't need tanks so cut that out of the budget) and produce enough dash and body cameras for the police.
It would be an extremely easy fix and we wouldnt have brown cases popping up. Or is this just going to get a bunch of state right posts? We have no problem selling armored tanks to local small time Law enforcement, so why not give them some cameras?
Why? The perps and/or their family would just say the camera is rigged in behalf of the cop.

How?

Because that is the way people are, even on this board, you can do a direct quote and some people will twist. People that have a chip against law enforcement are the same way.

However, most reasonable people will not argue with the facts.

So.....we have some riots going on, we have story after story of cops being dicks when cameras are put on them and they dont seem to know it. So why not take a few billion, ( we don't need tanks so cut that out of the budget) and produce enough dash and body cameras for the police.
It would be an extremely easy fix and we wouldnt have brown cases popping up. Or is this just going to get a bunch of state right posts? We have no problem selling armored tanks to local small time Law enforcement, so why not give them some cameras?
Why? The perps and/or their family would just say the camera is rigged in behalf of the cop.

How?

Because that is the way people are, even on this board, you can do a direct quote and some people will twist. People that have a chip against law enforcement are the same way.

However, most reasonable people will not argue with the facts.
yeah but that would be what? 2% saying the tape is rigged?

I wonder what the outcome would have been if Wilson was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter?

I got a better idea, how about we require all convicted criminals to wear cameras anytime they are outside their home. That way we have a sure fire way to make sure they abiding by the terms of their parole or probation and insure they don't commit more crimes. That would pretty much solve both problems.

I got a better idea, how about we require all convicted criminals to wear cameras anytime they are outside their home. That way we have a sure fire way to make sure they abiding by the terms of their parole or probation and insure they don't commit more crimes. That would pretty much solve both problems.
Not really. The mom hooked up with an ex con and a camera doesn't show how he helped raise that kid to be just like him.

Let's just take DNA from everyone, and tag all Americans and track them like UPS packages, problem solved, You've got nothing to hide right, Patriot?

Thats dumb. How could you tell who was actually wearing the camera? They cant even keep track of criminals with ankle bracelets now.

The cameras will be racist.

Assume for a second that in a few years there are an appropriate number of blacks on the Ferguson police department. Even 100%. What then? "Looter logic" would seem to indicate then, as a result, the only perps getting arrested "should" be whites, or anyone "not" black which is indeed racism at it's core. Then go one step farther and think what would happen to citizens of any inner city if no one ever arrested a black for a crime like "looter logic" and Sharpton are calling for in a roundabout way. Then black pedofiles, rapists, theives, etc will be allowed to carry on about their merry way without consequence. Seriously?
Thats the most retarded assumption I have ever heard. Thats actually idiotic in its conception.

The cameras will be racist.

Assume for a second that in a few years there are an appropriate number of blacks on the Ferguson police department. Even 100%. What then? "Looter logic" would seem to indicate then, as a result, the only perps getting arrested "should" be whites, or anyone "not" black which is indeed racism at it's core. Then go one step farther and think what would happen to citizens of any inner city if no one ever arrested a black for a crime like "looter logic" and Sharpton are calling for in a roundabout way. Then black pedofiles, rapists, theives, etc will be allowed to carry on about their merry way without consequence. Seriously?
Thats the most retarded assumption I have ever heard. Thats actually idiotic in its conception.

Those who have no opinion call names. So do you think having more black police officers would help? What's your opinion? No I don't think so either, that's what the assumption was about. They'd do their job because they give a damn just like white cops, and then what would Sharpton and the looters riot about??
My opinion is that your assumption is retarded. Having Black cops has nothing to do with looter logic. Your entire assumption is simply asinine.

Problem I see here is that the cameras will be used to film us more than it will film them.

Forum List

Back