Feds start fight with American Patriots in Oregon

Some of these hard right members who are caricatures of the Sagebrush Rebellion seem quite willing to keep on violating the law. Their way is a non-constructive way to settle the problem of federal lands coveted by the states and businesses.

If people don't figure out how to put themselves in the shoes of these folks then it will happen again if only to become martyrs.

What shoes? Are they the victims of government tyranny? What are their grievances? why can't they petition their elected officials and seek the changes they desire through our established political and legal processes? I have grievances too, but I'm not inclined to engage in an armed protest against the government. I'm not inclined to support others who use threats of armed violence as a means to get what they want. That's terrorism.

They feel they are victims of government tyranny.
Imbalance of Federal Land Ownership Sheds Light on Oregon Militia | Big Think
Armed men, led by Bundy brothers, take over federal building in rural Oregon

I am not asking you to support what they are saying. I'm simply stating that choosing to ignore it is simply going to amplify it.
No one is ignoring it. The protesters are pissed they are not getting their way. Tough.

I'd ask which of our Bundy-fan posters this guy is, if we weren't already well aware that none of our Bundy-fans here would ever get off of their asses. It's from the livestream that the little tech geek traitor with the goatee set up. The highlights are the crazy dude screaming that all militia and military and law enforcement need to drive over and help them, and shoot anyone who tries to stop them, and that they're traitors if they don't show up.

Bundy fans, be proud. He's the face of your movement now.

Some of these hard right members who are caricatures of the Sagebrush Rebellion seem quite willing to keep on violating the law. Their way is a non-constructive way to settle the problem of federal lands coveted by the states and businesses.

If people don't figure out how to put themselves in the shoes of these folks then it will happen again if only to become martyrs.

What shoes? Are they the victims of government tyranny? What are their grievances? why can't they petition their elected officials and seek the changes they desire through our established political and legal processes? I have grievances too, but I'm not inclined to engage in an armed protest against the government. I'm not inclined to support others who use threats of armed violence as a means to get what they want. That's terrorism.

I am not asking you to support what they are saying. I'm simply stating that choosing to ignore it is simply going to amplify it.
No one is ignoring it. The protesters are pissed they are not getting their way. Tough.

Two guys do time and are released. Judge says, "Whoops! Bring them boys back in." and you cannot fathom how screwed over they feel?

You thinking they should trust the system?

Two guys do time and are released. Judge says, "Whoops! Bring them boys back in." and you cannot fathom how screwed over they feel?

So the remedy is to grab federal property that does not belong to them? The remedy is to go to court.

So the remedy is to grab federal property that does not belong to them? The remedy is to go to court.

Two of them did that. Why would they trust a system where they felt they were jacked?

I'm not asking you to agree with what they did.

Two of them did that. Why would they trust a system where they felt they were jacked?

Should Blacks trust the system that guns a 12 year old black kid in the park and the prosecutor says "its all good"...,

Should Blacks trust the system that guns a 12 year old black kid in the park and the prosecutor says "its all good"...,

You might get someone to play with you. I will not.
Note To Media: The Heavily Armed, Law-Breaking Oregon Militants Aren’t ‘Protesters’

AP_887832100279-1024x673.jpg

You might get someone to play with you. I will not.
Note To Media: The Heavily Armed, Law-Breaking Oregon Militants Aren’t ‘Protesters’

AP_887832100279-1024x673.jpg

I'm sorry. I thought this was an adult conversation.

Forum List

Back