Felons Should Be Excluded From Minimum Wage Increase, Because Reasons...

Many crimes are not well thought out or planned. They are of the moment. And those things were far from your mind when the crime was committed. Now, a Professional Criminal does take those under consideration but he knows he won't be caught (for the 3rd time).

I would say very few crimes are not premeditated. If you're going out to sell heroin to somebody, that's premeditated. If you're going to rob somebody or assault them, that's premeditated. If you hurt or killed somebody who attacked you, that's self-defense and is perfectly legal. It doesn't matter if they were well planned out or not, if you know you are going to commit a felony, you know what the price will be if you do get caught.

Many crimes are not well thought out or planned. They are of the moment. And those things were far from your mind when the crime was committed. Now, a Professional Criminal does take those under consideration but he knows he won't be caught (for the 3rd time).

I would say very few crimes are not premeditated. If you're going out to sell heroin to somebody, that's premeditated. If you're going to rob somebody or assault them, that's premeditated. If you hurt or killed somebody who attacked you, that's self-defense and is perfectly legal. It doesn't matter if they were well planned out or not, if you know you are going to commit a felony, you know what the price will be if you do get caught.

Drug Dealers and armed muggers rarely think bout the consequences if they get caught. I think I place them in the "Professional" criminal list. Yes, even the college kid trying to make a few bucks.

Drug Dealers and armed muggers rarely think bout the consequences if they get caught. I think I place them in the "Professional" criminal list. Yes, even the college kid trying to make a few bucks.

Well the college kid is still dealing. He should have sold pot instead of Fetanyl or heroin. There are amounts that are considered personal consumption and amounts that are considered for sale. So they have to have the minimum of what's considered a salable amount to be prosecuted for it.

In any case, whether you're 19 years old, 28 years old, 45 years old, we all know what a felony is and what the penalty for committing a felony would be if we got caught.

Think for a moment. If everyone is getting paid the same minimum wage that doesnt create a sense of unfairness and envy. Prisons are really just schools on how to be a better criminal so those people are more likely than not to express their anger at the discrepancy by committing crimes.

Then that's one the reasons you don't commit such crimes. When you get out it's going to be hard finding any job, never be allowed to own or touch a gun, and in many states won't be able to vote. You have to consider these things before committing a crime. That's why those deterrents are there in the first place.
The last thing they are thinking about is the penalty for doing a crime. They are trying to get money to feed family and be comfortable. Typically this is done when they are young and they pay the price by going to prison. Basically what you are doing is punishing them twice after they have served their prison sentences. I think the constitution says something about that. Something about the 5th amendment?

The last thing they are thinking about is the penalty for doing a crime. They are trying to get money to feed family and be comfortable. Typically this is done when they are young and they pay the price by going to prison. Basically what you are doing is punishing them twice after they have served their prison sentences. I think the constitution says something about that. Something about the 5th amendment?

Not at all and we've been doing it for decades. If you have a felony, then you should have never had any kids knowing you would likely not be able to support them. If you had a family when you committed the crime, that's the stupidest thing you could have ever done. We can't cater to criminals because they weren't thinking at the time. All of my life I knew of these things and that's one of the reasons I never broke the law; not even a misdemeanor.

Not at all and we've been doing it for decades. If you have a felony, then you should have never had any kids knowing you would likely not be able to support them. If you had a family when you committed the crime, that's the stupidest thing you could have ever done. We can't cater to criminals because they weren't thinking at the time. All of my life I knew of these things and that's one of the reasons I never broke the law; not even a misdemeanor.

And we don't need to go out of our way to make their lives any tougher than they already are. It's tough enough.

And we don't need to go out of our way to make their lives any tougher than they already are. It's tough enough.

Hey.......they brought it on themselves. Don't blame our society or justice system because you decided to commit a felony. If a guy rapes a woman, she has to live with that the rest of her life, or if she had a miscariage when you beat her up and robbed her. If you sold somebody heroin and they died, the family has to live the rest of their lives with that.

Good Ole' Joe, getting it done!

The circus bus left town and is not being allowed back.

We'll see in 22 and 24. By the time this dementia patient and the other commies are through with this country, that circus bus as you call it will not only be rolling back, but with a welcoming committee complete with a marching band and parade.
You assume there will actually be something close to legitimate elections in 22 and 24.

Hey.......they brought it on themselves. Don't blame our society or justice system because you decided to commit a felony. If a guy rapes a woman, she has to live with that the rest of her life, or if she had a miscariage when you beat her up and robbed her. If you sold somebody heroin and they died, the family has to live the rest of their lives with that.

Then I suggest you push for more strengent legal Judicial Punishments. If you suggested that I just might agree.

If the felons get paid a lot less, they would be much more likely to get a job. I am sure many of them would be very happy to have any job whatsoever.

So "discriminating against felons" is good, not bad.

Tell that to the out of work Felon breaking into your home to make enough money to feed his family.
Aim at center mass and fire until the threat is neutralized.

Tell that to the out of work Felon breaking into your home to make enough money to feed his family.

Why would anybody have a family if they couldn't support them? Why would anybody be committing a felony if they had a family at that time? Either way it's a bad decision, and that gives them no right to break into my home.

If you can't get a job with a company, then you have to work for yourself. Get some lawn equipment and do landscaping. Go to trade school to learn how to fix appliances, be a bricklayer, carpenter, electrician. Go to school and learn how to drive a tractor-trailer. Industry is so desperate now, they'll hire anybody. Then after you work for a while, buy your own truck and run your own business.

You think it's easy? My neighbor is a convicted felon. He's tried the work for himself and has the skills and tools to work as a handyman. He just as well stand on a street corner with a sign "Will fix your house for food". The job he has right now pays him about 12 bucks an hour and he's had it for the last 15 years or so. And he's the only employee. Walmart and such won't even consider hiring him.

As for joining the Union, he can forget it. They don't accept convicted felons. His employment is limited to just over min wage and it will take him awhile to get even that high. Convicted Felons already have restrictions without leveling yet another one on them.
You are so full of shit your breath stinks.

If the felons get paid a lot less, they would be much more likely to get a job. I am sure many of them would be very happy to have any job whatsoever.

So "discriminating against felons" is good, not bad.

Aim at center mass and fire until the threat is neutralized.

And if he has the same idea about you?

An added Deterrent? One would think that was determined by a judge. I realize that society does level other deterrents but we have enough of them already. We don't need to be creating even more. That's just mean spirited and cruel.

The United States has the second highest prison population per capita in the world. Obviously our deterrents aren't enough. You are fed three squares a day, buy snacks if you have people on the outside contribute to your account, a field where you go outside in favorable weather and play sports, a little private room if your wife wants to come over to start a family, a pool room, a workout room, visitors, and working is an option. Need to get out of prison for a while? File a lawsuit against the state because you were served grape jelly instead of cherry. They will take you out for court battles and you can get out of there for a while.

We have the same thing in the outside world, but we call them get away weekends and we have to pay for them. For most good productive people, being confined anywhere is torture, but for people who don't do anything and waste their life anyway, it's not so bad.

A strong enough deterrent works every time it's tried, but we don't have strong deterrents here anymore, and no, watching cable television all day is not a deterrent. Watch the classic movie Cool Hand Luke sometime. If prisons were like that today, nobody would want to go there.

Crime rates were higher than than they are now.

Why would anybody have a family if they couldn't support them? Why would anybody be committing a felony if they had a family at that time? Either way it's a bad decision, and that gives them no right to break into my home.

If you can't get a job with a company, then you have to work for yourself. Get some lawn equipment and do landscaping. Go to trade school to learn how to fix appliances, be a bricklayer, carpenter, electrician. Go to school and learn how to drive a tractor-trailer. Industry is so desperate now, they'll hire anybody. Then after you work for a while, buy your own truck and run your own business.

You think it's easy? My neighbor is a convicted felon. He's tried the work for himself and has the skills and tools to work as a handyman. He just as well stand on a street corner with a sign "Will fix your house for food". The job he has right now pays him about 12 bucks an hour and he's had it for the last 15 years or so. And he's the only employee. Walmart and such won't even consider hiring him.

As for joining the Union, he can forget it. They don't accept convicted felons. His employment is limited to just over min wage and it will take him awhile to get even that high. Convicted Felons already have restrictions without leveling yet another one on them.
You are so full of shit your breath stinks.

You follow me around like an ill tempered puppy dog. I have only one thing to say to you. Get off the damned furniture, bad dog.

:cul2:

And if he has the same idea about you?

Aim at center mass and fire until the threat is neutralized. 12 gauge, 00 load.

You still don't get it. And what happens if the bad guy is a retired 11B? You don't get a shot off unless it's a reflex movement. No matter how bad you think you are, there will be someone badder that comes along sooner or later. You just haven't met them yet. I have and it ain't you.

You still don't get it. And what happens if the bad guy is a retired 11B? You don't get a shot off unless it's a reflex movement. No matter how bad you think you are, there will be someone badder that comes along sooner or later. You just haven't met them yet. I have and it ain't you.

He gets one shot. Unless it is perfect, he's dead. The chance of it being perfect is not discernible from zero. The chance of someone entering my living area without being detected is, exactly, zero.

He gets one shot. Unless it is perfect, he's dead. The chance of it being perfect is not discernible from zero. The chance of someone entering my living area without being detected is, exactly, zero.

Okay, tough guy, I'll catch on on the Obits.

Then I suggest you push for more strengent legal Judicial Punishments. If you suggested that I just might agree.

Like I said, that's what we had at one time. As more liberal judges got on the bench, they reversed most of what our prisons were like under the fair and humane treatment of the Constitution. Our prisons have the highest recidivism rates in the world. We let them out, and they just end up back there again.

Forum List

Back