Fewer doctors take Medicare

While I don't know about all insurers, Aetna and United Health showed an immediate profit by pulling out of California.

Providers of health insurance are doing just fine (despite the small contingent of idiots who think they won't exist next year). Did you miss my post?

No but you obviously missed mine where I asked how both the buyers and the sellers could end up with more money.

The sellers are the actual providers of health care (insurers are payers, they pay for care on your behalf), the physicians and hospitals who take in a sixth of the GDP each year.

Jesus, do you need an overview of health econ 101?

Obamacare is a POS and most Americans and unions know it, greenie. Not that you would admit it because you get paid to do what you do on this board :eusa_whistle:

Providers of health insurance are doing just fine (despite the small contingent of idiots who think they won't exist next year). Did you miss my post?

No but you obviously missed mine where I asked how both the buyers and the sellers could end up with more money.

The sellers are the actual providers of health care (insurers are payers, they pay for care on your behalf), the physicians and hospitals who take in a sixth of the GDP each year.

Jesus, do you need an overview of health econ 101?

You are an idiot. Or at least playing a very convincing act of being an idiot. Get off your bureaucratic jargon for 2 seconds and answer the fucking question.
If Obamacare was supposed to lower premiums for consumers how can it do that and simultaneously raise profits for insurers?

While I don't know about all insurers, Aetna and United Health showed an immediate profit by pulling out of California.

What's going on here is obvious. Insurers raised rates in anticipation of future claims. SInce Ocare made them write higher risk policies than normal but didnt allow them to price appropriately they could increase rates, which is what we have seen. But claims won't be paid out on the increased risk for 18-24 months. So all the money they are making now they will probably hold as reserve against future claims, which will be staggering. That will prompt insurers to come back looking for more rate increases. The vein of gold coming from healthy young people coerced into buying insurance they dont need or want wil never come. The system incentivizes paying the penalty and skipping insurance until they actually need it. This is exactly what happened in MA.
It is a gross POS. Only a Democrat could have come up with something this bad.

Forum List

Back