Fillibuster: What do the Democrats think of it?

I look forward to Republicans taking the Senate. It will be a veritable circus! Imagine how Americans will feel as their labor rights are further reduced, abortion becomes criminalized, we are all forced to pray to the Christian trinity of gods, we start new wars, and taxes are shifted even more from the rich to everyone else.
It's gonna really expose those shills.
Sorry... don't see an answer to the question put forth in the OP...?

Sorry, I don't see any relevance to your stupid question. Pure speculation/ answers to follow... What do you mean "what do democrats THINK of filibuster? " LOL ... I KNOW you'll see a mirror image of 06 if the Republicans control Congress.... Why wouldn't you?

Rule 22
The filibuster is related to "cloture," a rule adopted almost 100 years ago requiring a two-thirds vote. At times this was two-thirds of those voting; for a limited time, it was two-thirds of membership.

In 1975, the Senate reduced the number of votes needed to invoke cloture to three-fifths (60) of Senate membership. At the same time, they made the filibuster "invisible" by requiring only that 41 Senators state that they intend to filibuster; critics say this makes the modern filibuster "painless."

Rules of the Senate Filibuster Cloture

Reid and the Democrats change the Senate rule on invoking Cloture only on certain presidential appointments, not legislation.

They hate it when they're in power. They love it when they're not in power. You're not dealing with honest people. They're dishonest hypocrites for the most part. It is what it is.

They hate it when they're in power. They love it when they're not in power. You're not dealing with honest people. They're dishonest hypocrites for the most part. It is what it is.
Sorry, but you didn't specify who "they" are. Do you refer to Republicans or Democrats? Because this could apply to either.

Rule 22
The filibuster is related to "cloture," a rule adopted almost 100 years ago requiring a two-thirds vote. At times this was two-thirds of those voting; for a limited time, it was two-thirds of membership.

In 1975, the Senate reduced the number of votes needed to invoke cloture to three-fifths (60) of Senate membership. At the same time, they made the filibuster "invisible" by requiring only that 41 Senators state that they intend to filibuster; critics say this makes the modern filibuster "painless."

Rules of the Senate Filibuster Cloture

Reid and the Democrats change the Senate rule on invoking Cloture only on certain presidential appointments, not legislation.

nor I, mine.

Being consistent, the Democrats aren't changing their opinion on the filibuster. They'd like to see it go.

Being wildly inconsistent in every standard they have, conservatives won't be able to understand how someone else could be so different than themselves. Conservatives have no morals that aren't relative morals, with "The ends always justify the means for my side" being their sole guiding principle not just in politics, but in all aspects of life. The shining absolute morality of the liberals causes physical pain to conservatives, much like sunlight burning a vampire, which explains much of the conservatives hatred and fear of liberals.

Being consistent, the Democrats aren't changing their opinion on the filibuster. They'd like to see it go.

Being wildly inconsistent in every standard they have, conservatives won't be able to understand how someone else could be so different than themselves. Conservatives have no morals that aren't relative morals, with "The ends always justify the means for my side" being their sole guiding principle not just in politics, but in all aspects of life. The shining absolute morality of the liberals causes physical pain to conservatives, much like sunlight burning a vampire, which explains much of the conservatives hatred and fear of liberals.
You forgot the {/sarcasm] tag.

answering the PO's question before he starts to cry;

I don't THINK the Dems THINK like Republicans THINK.

there you moron, THINK about that for a couple of years.

Love it? Hate it?
Not going to complain about it if the GOP takes the senate?
Going to whine and cry about it if the Dems take it back?
Just curious.

I will support Republicans ending filibuster once and for all

Majority rule
sad
Imagine actually having majority votes once again? What a concept

The Senate is not going to eliminate the filibuster nor should they. It protects the minority party.

Love it? Hate it?
Just curious.

Majority rule
sad

The Senate is not going to eliminate the filibuster nor should they. It protects the minority party.

Why does a minority party deserve protecting? The voters obviously thought otherwise. Having two houses in Congress and a presidential veto is enough checks and balances

Love it? Hate it?
Just curious.

Majority rule
sad

Why does a minority party deserve protecting? The voters obviously thought otherwise. Having two houses in Congress and a presidential veto is enough checks and balances

Wrong. We protect minorities in this country. Even when we disagree.

Why do you hate America?

Majority rule
sad

Why do you hate America?
That is why we have a court system

We never guaranteed minority rule.....that is what filibuster gives

Love it? Hate it?
Just curious.

Majority rule
sad
Imagine having republic and liberty once again. What a concept that was.

Why do you hate America?
That is why we have a court system

We never guaranteed minority rule.....that is what filibuster gives
No, it doesn't.

We have a system of government that has "checks and balances". The filibuster protects the minority party in the Senate.

Why do you hate America?

Love it? Hate it?
Just curious.

Majority rule
sad
Imagine having republic and liberty once again. What a concept that was.
We never lost it

Where ya been? Just because you lost an election doesn't mean you have lost your "liberty"

Forum List

Back