🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Final Predictions for the 2018 Mid Terms From the Experts.

All I have to do is remember the 2016 election when every pundant, poll and talking head was telling all of us the Hitlery was the next POTUS and the Trump didn't stand a chance.

We all saw how that turned out.

Polls just aren't believable.
I've always been skeptical of polls, even before '16. I always check the sampling before I decide on the credibility of any poll. Of course, no polling could forecast that Comey would swing the election toward trump with one week to go. We can wonder what would have happened if he'd also leaked that trump was under investigation, instead of just telling Congress about Weiner's laptop.

I think the prediction in the OP is fairly accurate. Senate will be tough for Dems to take, but the House is almost a foregone conclusion.

More important are the gubernatorial races, and state level senate/house races. Dems look good in many states.

My PREDICTION:

I will be voting a straight Democrat ticket.

I have NEVER voted a straight ticket for any party but this time things are different.

I give FULL CREDIT to Sir Jack Ass Trump.
Then It's great that my vote canceled you out and my wifes put us one up!
at a birthday party Saturday, twenty folks I spoke to all said they are voting straight GOP. First time ever. I had to laugh. This is exactly what I ran into in 2016 with Trump.

I bet everyone there was white, huh?
You beat me to it

Republicans take the governors and senate, and hold on to the house by 1 vote

i guarantee it

If Sabato is right then just remember three things:

1. This is minor compared to the House seats lost by Obama at his first midterm in 2010.

2. The real reason so many Republicans seats are in contention is because there have been so many Republican incumbents that retired this year.

3. Obama was able to continue to do damage to this country when the Republicans took over the House. Trump will be able to continue to make this country great again with the Moon Bats in control of the House.

Here is the thing to remember. The House was gerrymandered so that only Republicans could win. However it is breaking up as suburban voters rebel against Trump. Even in deep red Utah, Democrats could pick up seats. That will likely end. Democrats will pick up the Governor's mansion in Michigan while they are threatening in Florida and Ohio. In NC, Democrats could pick up enough seats in the legislature to sustain vetoes. Republicans are suddenly pouring money into House seats that were thought not to be in jeopardy. It looks like Republicans are trying to salvage what they can.
Yep. Those who are suffering voter suppression attempts in deep Red gerrymandered districts, are coming out in droves to change the statewide political makeup just in time for the census.

If Sabato is right then just remember three things:

1. This is minor compared to the House seats lost by Obama at his first midterm in 2010.

2. The real reason so many Republicans seats are in contention is because there have been so many Republican incumbents that retired this year.

3. Obama was able to continue to do damage to this country when the Republicans took over the House. Trump will be able to continue to make this country great again with the Moon Bats in control of the House.

Here is the thing to remember. The House was gerrymandered so that only Republicans could win. However it is breaking up as suburban voters rebel against Trump. Even in deep red Utah, Democrats could pick up seats. That will likely end. Democrats will pick up the Governor's mansion in Michigan while they are threatening in Florida and Ohio. In NC, Democrats could pick up enough seats in the legislature to sustain vetoes. Republicans are suddenly pouring money into House seats that were thought not to be in jeopardy. It looks like Republicans are trying to salvage what they can.
Yep. Those who are suffering voter suppression attempts in deep Red gerrymandered districts, are coming out in droves to change the statewide political makeup just in time for the census.
libstain liar calls having to produce an Id = suppression! :21::21::21::21::21::21::21:

If any of these stupid Moon Bats are even thinking about voting for Democrats they need to remember a little history.

1. Under Bush and a Republican Congress the economy did fine for six years. However, it changed for the worse when that filthy 2006 elected Democrat Congress took power.

2. Under a Democrat President and two years of a Democrat Congress and six years of a Democrat Senate poverty increased, family income decreased, taxes increased, debt soared and we had dismal economic growth.

3. Under a Republican Congress and President taxes have been decreased and the economy is booming.

Anybody would have to be an idiot to vote for a Democrat.

My PREDICTION:

I have NEVER voted a straight ticket for any party but this time things are different.

at a birthday party Saturday, twenty folks I spoke to all said they are voting straight GOP. First time ever. I had to laugh. This is exactly what I ran into in 2016 with Trump.

You beat me to it
you hate white people too?

ProudBoy Nazi

It is always fun to trigger you stupid Moon Bats.

tenor.gif

Okay....the final polls are mostly in and the pundits have spoken. Here is what they are saying.

Larry Sabato: GOP keeps the Senate and gains one seat. Final tally 52-48 GOP. In the House the Dems take control and gain a net 34 seats.

Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » Final picks for 2018

Nate Silver: He says there is an 83.6% chance the GOP retains control of the Senate. He states the GOP gains one seat and the final tally is 52-48. In the House Nate is saying there is an 87.1% chance of the Dems winning the House. His final tally is 234-201 with the Dems picking up 36 seats.

2018 Senate Forecast

Nate says the Dems will have at least a 5.6% turn out advantage. If this is true that would be a major wave election. For example, in the 2014 mid terms the GOP had a 4.5% turn out advantage and crushed the Dems.

Personally I do not trust the polls. I think this election cycle is much closer than the polling indicates. I do not think this will be a wave election. The GOP retains control of the Senate and picks up at least two seats. In the House....flip a coin. 50-50 for both the GOP and Dems. We'll all see how it goes.

Now if you're brave...post your prediction here. :D

Sherry

From electoral-vote.com:

The current breakdown of the Senate is as follows (where we count the two independents as Democrats):

• 26 Democratic seats up for reelection in 2018 and 23 seats not up, for a total of 49 seats
  • 9 Republican seats up for reelection in 2018 and 42 seats not up, for a total of 51 seats
In a reversal from 2016, the Democrats will be playing defense, trying to hold the 10 seats in states that Donald Trump won. There is only one Republican seat, that of Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV), in a state that Hillary Clinton won.

My PREDICTION:

sure, we are white. is that a problem? I'm not allowed to be white either now? dude, you hate my country and then tell me I'm not allowed to be white. you have issues.

You are the one who hates the country. Someone who stands by while racism occurs and supports the perpetrators is a racist. Those people are undesirable.
I do? How? I want immigrants legally here! You? I believe in blacks working? You?

Okay....the final polls are mostly in and the pundits have spoken. Here is what they are saying.

Larry Sabato: GOP keeps the Senate and gains one seat. Final tally 52-48 GOP. In the House the Dems take control and gain a net 34 seats.

Nate Silver: He says there is an 83.6% chance the GOP retains control of the Senate. He states the GOP gains one seat and the final tally is 52-48. In the House Nate is saying there is an 87.1% chance of the Dems winning the House. His final tally is 234-201 with the Dems picking up 36 seats.

2018 Senate Forecast

Nate says the Dems will have at least a 5.6% turn out advantage. If this is true that would be a major wave election. For example, in the 2014 mid terms the GOP had a 4.5% turn out advantage and crushed the Dems.

Personally I do not trust the polls. I think this election cycle is much closer than the polling indicates. I do not think this will be a wave election. The GOP retains control of the Senate and picks up at least two seats. In the House....flip a coin. 50-50 for both the GOP and Dems. We'll all see how it goes.

Sherry

From electoral-vote.com:

The current breakdown of the Senate is as follows (where we count the two independents as Democrats):

• 26 Democratic seats up for reelection in 2018 and 23 seats not up, for a total of 49 seats
  • 9 Republican seats up for reelection in 2018 and 42 seats not up, for a total of 51 seats
In a reversal from 2016, the Democrats will be playing defense, trying to hold the 10 seats in states that Donald Trump won. There is only one Republican seat, that of Sen. Dean Heller (R-NV), in a state that Hillary Clinton won.

So based in your post i'm assuming you're thinking the GOP keeps the Senate. How about the House? Do you think the "experts are correct regarding the Dem takeover?

2018 Senate Forecast

Sherry

I will vote a straight R ticket. I'm confident we will retain control of the Senate. Although I don't have confidence in the polls, I do think we will likely lose the House. I am irritated with the leadership that they didn't manage to persuade at least half of the wave of those wanting to retire to hold off until 2020 with Trump at the top of the ticket. I expect the crazy libs, such as Schiff, Waters and Cummings, will so overplay their hand with a bunch of bullshit investigations, that it will disgust the people in the middle and result in a red wave in 2 years and we'll regain the House.

2018 Senate Forecast

Sherry

From electoral-vote.com:

So based in your post i'm assuming you're thinking the GOP keeps the Senate. How about the House? Do you think the "experts are correct regarding the Dem takeover?

Dunno. We’ll see what happens. I’m thinking we’ll have ambiguity in the returns.

Democrats believe that population replacement will finally be successful. That is all they are hanging on to.

My PREDICTION:

That's nice. So do you think the "experts" are right? What is your election prediction?
Dems eek out the House, but no blue wave and Pubs gain in the Senate.
Gridlock for two years

That's how I see it but I don't believe the dems eek out the house, I think they take it by double digits. And the Rethugs gain a few seats in the Senate.

Forum List

Back