Final wind-turbine rule permits thousands of eagle deaths

So for the sake of a few kilowatts libtards are willing to make Eagles extinct. Way to go environmentalists!

I hope this is something President Trump reverses.

The Obama administration on Wednesday finalized a rule that lets wind-energy companies operate high-speed turbines for up to 30 years -- even if means killing or injuring thousands of federally protected bald and golden eagles.

Why is it the Contards only love eagles when it means stopping wind power?

a) Eagles are not in danger of going 'extinct' because of this
b) This is not even on of the major causes of eagle deaths- isn't it odd that Contards like you are not actually working to stop any of the actual major causes of eagle deaths? Since you 'care' so much?
  • Electrocution by power lines
  • Lead poisoning- from eagles eating animals with lead shot in them
  • Shooting
  • Collisions with buildings, wires, cars
  • And of course habitat loss
68% of Bald Eagle Deaths Are Caused by Humans |

How many eagles have been killed by wind turbines?
But at a minimum, the scientists wrote, wind farms in 10 states have killed at least 85 eagles since 1997, with most deaths occurring between 2008 and 2012, as the industry was greatly expanding.

Hmmm 85 eagles since 1997.....2 a year?

I love eagles- but if we want to save eagles- maybe we should focus on eliminating the larger threats rather than on one of the most minor threats.
Are you in favor of not obeying the federal law against killing eagles for the guy who runs a wind turbine, but not the guy who hits one with his car or shoots one with a gun?
Unlike the guy shooting eagles, wind turbines serve a purpose that benefits everyone.
So you are ok with not obeying laws, when the murder weapon is something you deem beneficial?

What murder? Who is being murdered?

I think that wind turbine owners should be held to the same standard as power companies with high voltage lines.

Which actually kill a large portion of the eagles actually killed each year- unlike wind turbines.

Actually I am in favor of reducing harm to eagles.

We do not arrest electric companies whose power lines electrocute eagles, nor do we arrest hunters who hunt with lead shot that is injested by eagles and kills them.

The hypocrisy is rife- because the conservatives who bring this up never raise any other issues regarding any wildlife- except birds and wind turbines.

They don't care if millions of birds are killed each year by pet cats. Or that birds die from poison planted to kill coyotes and other 'nuisance' animals. They don't care if birds die when their habitat is cleared out for a coal plant.

Oddly enough- they only show up to care when it comes to complaining about alternative power production.

Which is why I always point out the major causes of eagle and raptor death- and conservatives always want to ignore them.

So for the sake of a few kilowatts libtards are willing to make Eagles extinct. Way to go environmentalists!

The Obama administration on Wednesday finalized a rule that lets wind-energy companies operate high-speed turbines for up to 30 years -- even if means killing or injuring thousands of federally protected bald and golden eagles.

b) This is not even on of the major causes of eagle deaths- isn't it odd that Contards like you are not actually working to stop any of the actual major causes of eagle deaths? Since you 'care' so much?
  • Shooting

But at a minimum, the scientists wrote, wind farms in 10 states have killed at least 85 eagles since 1997, with most deaths occurring between 2008 and 2012, as the industry was greatly expanding.

I love eagles- but if we want to save eagles- maybe we should focus on eliminating the larger threats rather than on one of the most minor threats.
Are you in favor of not obeying the federal law against killing eagles for the guy who runs a wind turbine, but not the guy who hits one with his car or shoots one with a gun?

We do not arrest electric companies whose power lines electrocute eagles, nor do we arrest hunters who hunt with lead shot that is injested by eagles and kills them.

The hypocrisy is rife- because the conservatives who bring this up never raise any other issues regarding any wildlife- except birds and wind turbines.

They don't care if millions of birds are killed each year by pet cats. Or that birds die from poison planted to kill coyotes and other 'nuisance' animals. They don't care if birds die when their habitat is cleared out for a coal plant.

Oddly enough- they only show up to care when it comes to complaining about alternative power production.

Which is why I always point out the major causes of eagle and raptor death- and conservatives always want to ignore them.
The topic is wind turbines and ignoring federal law in the killing of eagles. Your remark that conservatives don't care about birds unless they are killed by wind turbines is actually irrelevant. Since you brought it up though, I challenge you to prove that.

So I went and looked at USMB threads with 'eagle' in the title- guess what- not a single thread about eagles dying- except to complain about wind turbines.

Meanwhile the OP- instead of having other threads concerned about eagles- starts other threads attacking wind farms for other reasons.

Endangered eagles sacrificed on the alter of wind energy...the pagans....

Neither the "American Eagle" (Bald Eagle), nor the Golden Eagle are "endangered". In fact, both are categorized as "Least Concern".

Post by: theDoctorisIn, May 5, 2016 in forum: Current Events

So for the sake of a few kilowatts libtards are willing to make Eagles extinct. Way to go environmentalists! I hope this is something President...

Thread by: WillowTree, Wednesday at 12:56 PM, 80 replies, in forum: Current Events

Eagle is an American symbol. Liberals hate both eagles and America. [/URL]

Post by: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/baron.11985/']Baron[/URL], Today at 7:04 AM in forum: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/current-events.20/']Current Events[/URL]

[B][URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/14175407/']Obama to allow [I]Eagle[/I]s to Die in Windfarms[/URL][/B]

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/14175407/']Why don't you have the mental capacity to discuss the fact that wind farms and solar panels kill birds?[/URL]

Post by: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/willowtree.11947/']WillowTree[/URL], May 4, 2016 in forum: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/current-events.20/']Current Events[/URL]

Now lets go to the person who started this thread- who has started numerous anti-wind farm threads

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/california.180767/']Aug 16, 2011[/URL]

windfarms kill a thousand birds a day. ain't green energy grand? axe an eagle.

[B][URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/5204675/'][I]Wind[/I] farms are warming the earth, researchers say[/URL][/B]

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/5204675/'][I]Wind[/I] farms are warming the earth, researchers say By Eric Niiler Published April 30, 2012 Discovery News Read more: [I]Wind[/I] farms are warming...[/URL]

Post by: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/willowtree.11947/']WillowTree[/URL], Apr 30, 2012 in forum: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/politics.19/']Politics[/URL]

The OP doesn't give a damn about Eagles except and in as much he can use them as a tool to attack wind energy.

I am all in favor of reducing harm to Eagles.

Unlike the OP.

• Shooting

Unlike the guy shooting eagles, wind turbines serve a purpose that benefits everyone.
So you are ok with not obeying laws, when the murder weapon is something you deem beneficial?

I think that wind turbine owners should be held to the same standard as power companies with high voltage lines.

Which actually kill a large portion of the eagles actually killed each year- unlike wind turbines.

You are still not addressing the point. Federal law prohibits the killing of eagles (so sorry the word murder upsets you! We'll just call it killing. The eagles are just as dead). When wind turbines kill eagles the law is not applied.

You are ignoring that issue and hysterically bringing up coyotes and electrocution and poisons and accusing conservatives of being hypocrites. Obviously you are more interested in railing against conservatives than actually participating in the discussion.

If you stop being intellectually dishonest, maybe we can have a conversation. Till then, you will waste no more of my time.

• Shooting

You are still not addressing the point. Federal law prohibits the killing of eagles (so sorry the word murder upsets you! We'll just call it killing. The eagles are just as dead). When wind turbines kill eagles the law is not applied.

You are ignoring that issue and hysterically bringing up coyotes and electrocution and poisons and accusing conservatives of being hypocrites. Obviously you are more interested in railing against conservatives than actually participating in the discussion.

If you stop being intellectually dishonest, maybe we can have a conversation. Till then, you will waste no more of my time.

There is nothing intellectually dishonest at all about my posts. If my posts are a waste of your time, that is just a sign of your issues not mine.

Wind Turbines kill eagles- like power lines do. Power lines kill more eagles. The OP only cares when wind turbines kill eagles- and ignores the greater threat of power lines.

You don't mind the OP's intellectual dishonesty because you have no more concern about the 'murder' of eagles than the OP.

• Shooting

The topic is wind turbines and ignoring federal law in the killing of eagles. Your remark that conservatives don't care about birds unless they are killed by wind turbines is actually irrelevant. Since you brought it up though, I challenge you to prove that.

So I went and looked at USMB threads with 'eagle' in the title- guess what- not a single thread about eagles dying- except to complain about wind turbines.

Meanwhile the OP- instead of having other threads concerned about eagles- starts other threads attacking wind farms for other reasons.

Neither the "American Eagle" (Bald Eagle), nor the Golden Eagle are "endangered". In fact, both are categorized as "Least Concern".

So for the sake of a few kilowatts libtards are willing to make Eagles extinct. Way to go environmentalists! I hope this is something President...

Thread by: WillowTree, Wednesday at 12:56 PM, 80 replies, in forum: Current Events

Eagle is an American symbol. Liberals hate both eagles and America.

Post by: Baron, Today at 7:04 AM in forum: Current Events[/URL]

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/14175407/']Obama to allow Eagles to Die in Windfarms
[/URL]

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/14175407/']Why don't you have the mental capacity to discuss the fact that wind farms and solar panels kill birds?
[/URL]

Post by: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/willowtree.11947/']WillowTree
, May 4, 2016 in forum: Current Events[/URL]

Now lets go to the person who started this thread- who has started numerous anti-wind farm threads

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/threads/california.180767/']Aug 16, 2011
[/URL]

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/5204675/']Wind farms are warming the earth, researchers say
[/URL]

[URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/5204675/']Wind farms are warming the earth, researchers say By Eric Niiler Published April 30, 2012 Discovery News Read more: Wind farms are warming...
[/URL]

Post by: [URL='http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/willowtree.11947/']WillowTree
, Apr 30, 2012 in forum: Politics[/URL]

The OP doesn't give a damn about Eagles except and in as much he can use them as a tool to attack wind energy.

Unlike the OP.
Horseshit. You love it when wind turbines kill eagles. You could have just shortened your rant by saying so!

We need all the energy that we can get.

As traffic deaths are the unavoidable unintended consequences of automobile travel, so also are the wildlife that perishes in windmills.

• Shooting

Obama to allow Eagles to Die in Windfarms
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/16072667/
Why don't you have the mental capacity to discuss the fact that wind farms and solar panels kill birds?

Post by:
WillowTree, May 4, 2016 in forum: Current Events

Aug 16, 2011

Wind farms are warming the earth, researchers say
http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/16072667/
Wind farms are warming the earth, researchers say By Eric Niiler Published April 30, 2012 Discovery News Read more: Wind farms are warming...

Post by:
WillowTree, Apr 30, 2012 in forum: Politics

Unlike the OP.
Horseshit. You love it when wind turbines kill eagles. You could have just shortened your rant by saying so!

You don't give a crap about eagles. If there were no wind farms, you would not have started a single thread discussing their welfare.

Eagles are just another tool for you to attack wind energy.

• Shooting

She is too dumb for the nuance of making it a federal law to kill eagles and signing a law giving "green energy" the right to do so.

Why don't you have the mental capacity to discuss the fact that wind farms and solar panels kill birds?

Post by:

Aug 16, 2011

Wind farms are warming the earth, researchers say By Eric Niiler Published April 30, 2012 Discovery News Read more: Wind farms are warming...

Post by:

Unlike the OP.

You don't give a crap about eagles. If there were no wind farms, you would not have started a single thread discussing their welfare.

Details details details. Sorry they fly right over your empty head!

We need all the energy that we can get.

As traffic deaths are the unavoidable unintended consequences of automobile travel, so also are the wildlife that perishes in windmills.
Another one who misses the irony!

You can go to jail and pay a $100 000.00 fine for picking up an eagle feather. Obummer just gave " green energy" the right to slaughter them. Cool beans huh!

Final wind-turbine rule permits thousands of eagle deaths.

Well what does that article actually say?

It's unclear what toll wind energy companies are having on eagle populations, although Ashe said as many 500 golden eagles a year are killed by collisions with wind towers, power lines, buildings, cars and trucks. Thousands more are killed by gunshots and poisonings.

The Fish and Wildlife Service estimates there are about 143,000 bald eagles in the United States, and 40,000 golden eagles.

Post by:

Aug 16, 2011

Post by:

Unlike the OP.

Post by:

Aug 16, 2011

Post by:

Unlike the OP.

Obummer took the federal law protecting bald eagles! Negated it, and gave the right to slaughter them to green energy. Those are the facts and all the horseshit you are throwing will not change a single fact!

You can go to jail and pay a $100 000.00 fine for picking up an eagle feather. Obummer just gave " green energy" the right to slaughter them. Cool beans huh!

You didn't read the article did you?

Under the new rule, wind companies and other power providers
will not face a penalty if they kill or injure up to 4,200 bald eagles, nearly four times the current limit.

a) Power companies already are killing bald eagles without penalty- this new exemption allows them to kill more without penalty.
b) This applies to deaths due to electrocutions, or collisions with power poles- and deaths due to wind turbines.

But hey- guess which ones you pretend to care about?

Oh! And since this is okay with you leftists let's not hear any more whining about humans destroying the environment with fossil fuels.

Post by:

Aug 16, 2011

Post by:

Unlike the OP.

Obummer took the federal law protecting bald eagles! Negated it, and gave the right to slaughter them to green energy. Those are the facts and all the horseshit you are throwing will not change a single fact!

Nope- they aren't the 'facts' they are just your usual horseshit to attack wind power

Under the new rule, wind companies and other power providers will not face a penalty if they kill or injure up to 4,200 bald eagles, nearly four times the current limit.

Oh! And since this is okay with you leftists let's not hear any more whining about humans destroying the environment with fossil fuels.

LOL- hell you are okay with destroying the environment.

You just are against wind turbines.

Nope- they aren't the 'facts' they are just your usual horseshit to attack wind power

Under the new rule, wind companies and other power providers will not face a penalty if they kill or injure up to 4,200 bald eagles, nearly four times the current limit.
If it is okay for your wind power to mess up the environment do not whine about fossil fuels. In a few million years those dead eagles will make fine fossil fuel.

Forum List

Back