Finally the truth comes out: 'Biden Gets More Bad News About the Economy'

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
I guessed weeks back, that there would be a revision for the #'s they had previously given.

"The economy slowing down comes at a time when a majority of Americans believe that the U.S. is in a recession and blame Biden for their perceived financial challenges. Nearly 60 percent of voters say Biden is responsible for what they believe is a bad economy."

The U.S. economy accelerated at a slower pace in the first quarter than initially thought, the Commerce Department revealed on Thursday, as consumers pulled back on spending.

The news could spell trouble for President Joe Biden's reelection prospects as voters continually rate him low on his performance on the economy ahead of the election in November.

In the three months to begin the year, the economy grew at annual rate of 1.3 percent, with the latest estimate lower than the initial reading of 1.6 percent that was revealed last month. The economy slowed from the end of last year when it expanded by 3.4 percent.

For whatever reason, Americans are badly mistaken about the economy. The economy is doing very well.

Sadly, voters vote from their perceptions rather than reality.

This thing about the US being in a recession is just stupid. Downright idiotic. The last recession was on Trump's watch during the pandemic. We are not in a recession.

Our economy came roaring back. We are in far better shape than most of the world.

I think what is warping American's perspective is the new normal of the prices for goods.

If inflation dropped to zero today, prices would not drop. That would be DEflation. And we do NOT want deflation.

You could buy a Coke for a nickel when I was a kid. It's never going to be a nickel again. But what offsets that is my income has risen at a faster rate than the price of a Coke.

That is the case in this situation. Wages have outpaced inflation. So even though you work just as many manhours, or less, to buy a Coke than you did before the pandemic, the higher price has a skewing psychological effect.

Rather than take the trouble to explain this, it is easier to just say, "BECUZ BYDEN!!!"

For whatever reason, Americans are badly mistaken about the economy. The economy is doing very well.

Sadly, voters vote from their perceptions rather than reality.

This thing about the US being in a recession is just stupid. Downright idiotic. The last recession was on Trump's watch during the pandemic. We are not in a recession.

Our economy came roaring back. We are in far better shape than most of the world.

I think what is warping American's perspective is the new normal of the prices for goods.

If inflation dropped to zero today, prices would not drop. That would be DEflation. And we do NOT want deflation.

You could buy a Coke for a nickel when I was a kid. It's never going to be a nickel again. But what offsets that is my income has risen at a faster rate than the price of a Coke.

That is the case in this situation. Wages have outpaced inflation. So even though you work just as many manhours, or less, to buy a Coke than you did before the pandemic, the higher price has a skewing psychological effect.

Rather than take the trouble to explain this, it is easier to just say, "BECUZ BYDEN!!!"

:spinner:

1717189092639.png

I guessed weeks back, that there would be a revision for the #'s they had previously given.

"The economy slowing down comes at a time when a majority of Americans believe that the U.S. is in a recession and blame Biden for their perceived financial challenges. Nearly 60 percent of voters say Biden is responsible for what they believe
Poor Joe. When the economy booms he gets blamed for inflation. When it slows he gets blamed for a recession.

And Trump the candidate is the reason why the US economy slowed in 2020. We now have two losers on the ballot with no other choices.
Why do those lies keep flying? They are disgusting lies. Trump did not import CV19. Trump took massive action to get us vaccines. And haven't you used those vaccines?

Why do those lies keep flying? They are disgusting lies. Trump did not import CV19. Trump took massive action to get us vaccines. And haven't you used those vaccines?
Massive unemployment. Trailers full of dead. No spare Ventilators. Trump ranting about injecting bleach.

Oh yea, we remember.

And Trump the candidate is the reason why the US economy slowed in 2020. We now have two losers on the ballot with no other choices.
Covid was the reason for the economy. Did you really think people forgot?

Forum List

Back