Fire the kneelers ... challenge question:

That ruling did not just apply to those children. The NFL cannot set rules that are against the supreme law of the land.

No private business can.
So the NFL is violating the Constitution by suppressing players' freedom of speech by not allowing them to write on their shoes or wear patches honoring fallen police officers?!

That is ok, but the NFL can't insist they respect the national anthem?

Bwuhahahaha....

Actually the NFL is and it is not OK. If you knew anything about these issues you would understand that is why the players can't stand the commissioner and there is talk about a strike after the next collective beginning agreement talks if the players do not get more freedom..

Let me say this to your stupid ass again, the issue has nothing to do with the national anthem. This is another classic example of how whites are so easily race baited.

That ruling did not just apply to those children. The NFL cannot set rules that are against the supreme law of the land.

No private business can.
So the NFL is violating the Constitution by suppressing players' freedom of speech by not allowing them to write on their shoes or wear patches honoring fallen police officers?!

Bwuhahahaha....

Show the class anywhere in the NFL rule book it says anything about "respecting the national anthem". Or "respecting" anything at all. Or what that even means.

How very true, the rule book doesn't say anything about respecting the national anthem. It also doesn't say anything about paying these players millions/year...so how about a drastic pay cut.

For those of you who think the NFL players protesting during the national anthem should be fired, would you also support a team owner who threatened to fire any players who refused to protest? Who didn't kneel?

Why or why not?
The NFL is a business. I believe the owners have the rigjt to fore any worker publicly protesting on company time at the workplace, causing the company millions in revenue.

Let the NFL continue doing what they are doing. When they have destroyed their fan base, lost their tax exempt status, and salaries have been slashed they will eventually change...

"Company time" begins with the kickoff.

They are under contract, and most certainly with clauses concerning behavior that reflects on the team and the league.

"Company time" is 24/7.

You're probably right about the clause, but is it bad behavior to all? As one who served 4 years way back when it doesn't really bother me. It may not be the best way to protest, but I simply don't care and don't feel it's a slap in the face of veterans who served so they can do this.

I consider it disrespectful, and a protest based upon nonsense.

I dropped NFL football some time ago. The fans will decide.

Your first word in the post above is the key word --- "I".

Fortunately it's not up to "YOU" to decide on behalf of veterans --- who aren't even part of the national anthem ritual in the first place --- what their feelings should be But the fact that you seem to want to dick-tate behaviour to others, that tells us much more.

No private business can.

Bwuhahahaha....

Actually the NFL is and it is not OK. If you knew anything about these issues you would understand that is why the players can't stand the commissioner and there is talk about a strike after the next collective beginning agreement talks if the players do not get more freedom..

Let me say this to your stupid ass again, the issue has nothing to do with the national anthem. This is another classic example of how whites are so easily race baited.

Nothing to do with the national anthem??? Then don't friken kneel during the national anthem.

The stadiums remain full every game.
You are a liar. The tv has shown lack of attendance.

This may be the most hilariousest post ever.

----- Here's a guy calling someone else a liar and his refutation consists of ........................... television.

:lmao:
We are led to believe that some easily offended snowflake's claim that tv showing empty seats in a stadium can not be trusted compared to his claim on a message board that NFL stadiums are filled to capacity every Sunday...and you try to defend him.

Bwuhahaha

...stupid f*ing sbowflakes....

Today is Sunday and the NFL plays. And what you will see is the teams that are winning teams will have full stadiums. Those teams that have been losing for the past few years and still are won't. Stadium attendance or lack thereof has nothing to do with the bullshit you white right wing assholes have made up about the flag.
Your claim that teams will have full stadiums is a meaningless opinion that can not be proven...but thanks for wasting our time.
Will your eyes deceive you ,,or attendance figures ?

are you claiming they get paid by the hour?

Nope. And that's a false dichotomy.

I get paid by the day. Or by the project. When it's a work "day" that day is defined by its hour of beginning and its hour of end. If someone else hires me in the remainder of that day it can be an entirely different employer. And if it's a project it's from when the project begins (kickoff) to when it ends (clock hits zero).

When that day or project is over ---- it's over. You want me to come back for another day or another project, that costs extra.

Again the poster is invited to show us anybody's football contract, anywhere, that puts them on retainer 24/7.

There are of course such employments. For people who deal with actual emergencies. A football game cannot be described as an 'emergency'.

But again --- prove me wrong about that.

Sorry, they represent the team from the minute they suit up.

They get paid for practice, they get paid for skull sessions in the locker room, they get paid for time spent on the field.

Including the time the Anthem plays.

So? Regardless of all that, they have constitutional; rights.
yup

they also have to live up to their contracts.

If their contract states they have to wear tutus while sitting on the bench, they have 2 choices

wear the tutu, or quit

if the contract, or the team manager says they have to stand for the anthem, they have 2 choices

stand, or walk
and if their contract does not say that? You force the issue anyway, eh?

Zackly That's what mob mentality authoritarianism does Because "Ve haf vays!"

It's astounding to watch people actually try to defend dictating other people's behavior and expecting to be taken seriously.

yup

If their contract states they have to wear tutus while sitting on the bench, they have 2 choices

wear the tutu, or quit

if the contract, or the team manager says they have to stand for the anthem, they have 2 choices

stand, or walk

and if the NFL puts it in the rules and guidelines?

If the team manager puts it in the rules and guidelines?

they are getting paid to be on the field, representing the team.

if their actions on the field disrespect the team, what should the manager/team owner do?
I would say as long as they don't grab any pussy or any other illegality off the field let their actions while playing speak for themselves

Yabbut as far as that, remember this --- "when the President does it, that means that it is not illegal" --- Richard Nixon
You mean if trump wasn't president or a billionaire he'd be getting 20 to life??

if their actions on the field disrespect the team, what should the manager/team owner do?

You can try putting in unconstitutional rules if you want to, but the players do have legal representation.

Plus, if you are on the sidelines you aren't on the field.

What does that have to do with anything?

It has everything to do with you talking about actions on field. The players on the sidelines before the game are not on the field. They are on the sidelines.
The players on the sidelines before the game are not on the field. They are on the sidelines.

sidelines are part of the playing field.

stop being obtuse

No sidelines are not part of the playing field. You are not playing when you are on the sidelines. You are not a participant in the game when you are on he sideline. That is a fact.

Nope. And that's a false dichotomy.

I get paid by the day. Or by the project. When it's a work "day" that day is defined by its hour of beginning and its hour of end. If someone else hires me in the remainder of that day it can be an entirely different employer. And if it's a project it's from when the project begins (kickoff) to when it ends (clock hits zero).

When that day or project is over ---- it's over. You want me to come back for another day or another project, that costs extra.

Again the poster is invited to show us anybody's football contract, anywhere, that puts them on retainer 24/7.

There are of course such employments. For people who deal with actual emergencies. A football game cannot be described as an 'emergency'.

But again --- prove me wrong about that.

Sorry, they represent the team from the minute they suit up.

They get paid for practice, they get paid for skull sessions in the locker room, they get paid for time spent on the field.

Including the time the Anthem plays.

yup

wear the tutu, or quit

stand, or walk

It ISN'T in the rule book, period. There's no mention of the anthem at all.
What are you proposing here, to have it inserted retroactively? :wtf:

See anywhere anybody "disrespected the team" here? No? Then stay on the topic.
And if it does take place at some point that would be for *THEM* --- not YOU --- to decide. What don't you get about that?

You can try putting in unconstitutional rules if you want to, but the players do have legal representation.

It has everything to do with you talking about actions on field. The players on the sidelines before the game are not on the field. They are on the sidelines.
The players on the sidelines before the game are not on the field. They are on the sidelines.

stop being obtuse

No sidelines are not part of the playing field. You are not playing when you are on the sidelines. You are not a participant in the game when you are on he sideline. That is a fact.
seems to me players could stand on their heads on the sidelines without a penalty..Of course rednecks wouldn't like that much

No private business can.

Bwuhahahaha....

Show the class anywhere in the NFL rule book it says anything about "respecting the national anthem". Or "respecting" anything at all. Or what that even means.

How very true, the rule book doesn't say anything about respecting the national anthem. It also doesn't say anything about paying these players millions/year...so how about a drastic pay cut.

This is a stupid post. The protest has nothing to do with the national anthem. People like you get told this over and over and yet you still come with this dumbfuck argument.

For those of you who think the NFL players protesting during the national anthem should be fired, would you also support a team owner who threatened to fire any players who refused to protest? Who didn't kneel?

Why or why not?
The NFL is a business. I believe the owners have the rigjt to fore any worker publicly protesting on company time at the workplace, causing the company millions in revenue.

Let the NFL continue doing what they are doing. When they have destroyed their fan base, lost their tax exempt status, and salaries have been slashed they will eventually change...

^^^^^^^
This.

When you're on the clock you do what you're told to do.

Every corporation in this country has a code of conduct, and/or rules
and regulations that govern employees when they're at work. THAT, has
already been upheld by the SCOTUS.

Once somebody starts accepting somebody else's money, they become
their property when they are working.

It's the owners that are not enforcing this and enabling it to go on.,

The people that worked for me had 4 rules governing the workplace.
You don't discuss taxes.
You don't discuss your pay
You don't discuss religion
You don't discuss politics

If they didn't like those requirements, they were free to go somewhere
else and work.

The NFL should be no different

STILL irrelevant. There is no NFL rule that dictates a body posture during the national anthem. And they just reiterated that last week.

stop being obtuse

Don't know much about football do ya?

Catch a pass on the sidelines and tell us how many yards you got.

No private business can.

Bwuhahahaha....

This is a stupid post. The protest has nothing to do with the national anthem. People like you get told this over and over and yet you still come with this dumbfuck argument.

Not to worry, the people will be heard...loud and clear, dumbass.

Why or why not?

^^^^^^^
This.

You don't discuss taxes.

else and work.

I am no ones property when working or not working slavery was abolished quite some time ago.

Why or why not?

"Company time" begins with the kickoff.

They are under contract, and most certainly with clauses concerning behavior that reflects on the team and the league.

"Company time" is 24/7.

Oh is it.
You're claiming football players are on retainer, just in case a football game suddenly erupts at 3:36 am on a Tuesday?

Link?

You don't have much understanding of contracts, eh?

You don't have much understanding of "burden of proof of assertion" eh?

No private business can.

Bwuhahahaha....

Nothing to do with the national anthem??? Then don't friken kneel during the national anthem.

Then can kneel, sit, bow or sleep if they want to. You dumb fucks want to talk about how this disrespects something while your white asses are in the stands standing and most of you who don't sing the anthem or don't even know the words when you sing it. And I'm damn sure your ass stands for the anthem when you are at home watching it on TV.

Why or why not?

^^^^^^^
This.

You don't discuss taxes.

else and work.

I am no ones property when working or not working slavery was abolished quite some time ago.
To the red states and necks sorrow

Intentionally disobeying the regulations set by the NFL after several warnings should be enough to justify firing.

I am sure the NFL owners will be more than glad to fire the players who sell the tickets just because they don't stand for an anthem most of the people in the stands don't sing.

Forum List

Back