Firearms registration would be unconstitutional and virtually impossible in the US

Nobody said there is

The question was….is gun registration constitutional?
It is
Why is a national gun registry illegal? The Firearm Owners’ Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA): FOPA is a United States federal law that revised many of the Gun Control Act of 1968 provisions. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.

That's basically it. All they were doing was registering the militia member, and making a notation as to the make and caliber of the weapon.

That was not "firearms registration."
Of course it was. It's akin to a modern day firearm registration database...just on paper, retained by the town, overseen by adjudicators. They knew who you were, what weapon(s) you owned, and how much ammo you had.

Give it up. You lost this argument.

For the record, there should be a national database of gun registrations. And no private sales (all have to go through a licensed and registered broker). No ghost guns or no guns without serial numbers. Get caught with one of those and to prison you go. :)

Why is a national gun registry illegal? The Firearm Owners’ Protection Act of 1986 (FOPA): FOPA is a United States federal law that revised many of the Gun Control Act of 1968 provisions. As such, FOPA makes it illegal for the national government or any state in the country to keep any database or registry that ties firearms directly to their owner.

Doesn’t mean any law passed rescinding that act is not Constitutional

Actually, that is exactly what it is

JGalt belongs to such and such militia, he has the following rank and he has the following weapon

Registration

You're nuts, dude. Citizen militias are not the same as the government-funded military. The US government owns all of those weapons the military uses, and they are "registered" with the US government and that branch of the military.

But citizen militias are not part of the US military, even though they could conceivably be used in the defense of this country in an emergency. And they use their own personal firearms, which are not "registered" by the US government or the military.

Personally, if the shit hit the fan, I'm picking up whatever government hardware I could find on the ground, and using it, which would do a much better job of killing invaders than the weapons I own.

Works for me
Your problem is that guns tend to be noisy and a gunshot can carry for miles

Where you going to fire your guns ?
What guns? I have none since the accident. I'll just say though, I live miles from any town, surrounded for miles by folks that strongly feel like like I do, in a county that the sheirff signed a letter to Biden telling him that Federal gun laws would not be inforced, and in a State the Governor told the Feds to take a flying leap.

Yeah. Take some of those guns to the local police department and tell them "I want to register these guns" and see how they'd laugh.

Although I do have a friend at the Sheriff's Department who does a serial number check for me when I buy a gun from someone. Wouldn't want to get stuck posessing a stolen firearm.
Actually I do have one "registered" firearm. It is my my Class III M-16. It is on the NFA Registry.

What guns? I have none since the accident. I'll just say though, I live miles from any town, surrounded for miles by folks that strongly feel like like I do, in a county that the sheirff signed a letter to Biden telling him that Federal gun laws would not be inforced, and in a State the Governor told the Feds to take a flying leap.

If you want to horde guns that you are afraid to fire, good for you.
But if an unregistered gun is found in your truck, or you are found carrying it or an agent hears you firing it ….you get arrested

Do you feel lucky?

If you want to horde guns that you are afraid to fire, good for you.
But if an unregistered gun is found in your truck, or you are found carrying it or an agent hears you firing it ….you get arrested

Do you feel lucky?
It really sounds like you'd be one of those that would surrender everything with no fight at all. And I'll take my chances.

You're nuts, dude. Citizen militias are not the same as the government-funded military. The US government owns all of those weapons the military uses, and they are "registered" with the US government and that branch of the military.

But citizen militias are not part of the US military, even though they could conceivably be used in the defense of this country in an emergency. And they use their own personal firearms, which are not "registered" by the US government or the military.

Personally, if the shit hit the fan, I'm picking up whatever government hardware I could find on the ground, and using it, which would do a much better job of killing invaders than the weapons I own.

Our Constitution required a Navy but not an Army

Instead of a standing Army, they relied on well regulated militias. Those militias were organized, members trained and practiced, they had military ranks and responsibilities
As a member, you and your weapon were registered

It really sounds like you'd be one of those that would surrender everything with no fight at all. And I'll take my chances.

You can take your chances in not having a Drivers License too.
But if you get caught driving without one, you get arrested

You can take your chances in not having a Drivers License too.
But if you get caught driving without one, you get arrested
And your point is? Everything I do, I do with open eyes, I know the risks, and am more than willing to take those risks. One thing that must always be remembered though.
Armed men are citizens, Unarmed men are servants.

And your point is? Everything I do, I do with open eyes, I know the risks, and am more than willing to take those risks. One thing that must always be remembered though.
Armed men are citizens, Unarmed men are servants.
My point is that you can ignore any law.

But if you get caught, you pay the consequences

You didn't because you couldn't. There is no firearms registration system in the US, voluntary or involuntary.
Well, there sure is in Maryland!! All guns are supposed to be registered here!

Crips, Bloods, other gangs, register their guns in Maryland?
Presumably not, but there are gun-registry laws in Maryland, New York, Massachusetts, etc., etc. I think it's silly to say wide-spread gun registration never occurs when it of course does. It's against the law to murder your family, too, but men do it often. Just because men so often commit murder of all kinds is no reason to say that laws against murder never are enacted.

Let me quote the late great Martin Luther King Jr. ( One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.).

And Dr King went to jail for it
You can do the same

1678030954281.jpeg

Forum List

Back