Firearms registration would be unconstitutional and virtually impossible in the US

:slap:
Local militias needed to know what firearm you had to support the well regulated militia. A Militia needed to know what firepower you were bringing to the fight and what munitions they needed to stock.

You did need to register with your local militia and report what type of weapon you had

Guess what?
Nobody ran around confiscating your gun

Actually the British did run around confiscating guns, as well as powder and lead. And there were no standards for weapons during the Revolutionary War. It was a "come as you are" affair, and the majority of weapons used weren't even military grade. The US didn't even have an armory and arsenal until 1799, which the was the one at Harper's Ferry.

It does seem to me a lot of conservative thought comes from John Wayne movies.

Winner.
Link below is just for the historical reference of registering militia weapons.

. A 1792 federal law mandated every eligible man to purchase a military-style gun and ammunition for his service in the citizen militia. Such men had to report for frequent musters—where their guns would be inspected and, yes, registered on public rolls.

Looks like a well regulated militia required gun registration

Actually the British did run around confiscating guns, as well as powder and lead. And there were no standards for weapons during the Revolutionary War. It was a "come as you are" affair, and the majority of weapons used weren't even military grade. The US didn't even have an armory and arsenal until 1799, which the was the one at Harper's Ferry.
Now, you are getting it

Well Regulated Militias needed to know what firepower they had and what supplies were needed to support that militia

Gun Registration has always been Constitutional

It does seem to me a lot of conservative thought comes from John Wayne movies.
Conservatism at its core comes from and descends from a steadfast belief in God. In the existence of a supreme deity. All conservative beliefs flow from this beginning.
William F. Buckley (the acknowledged father of modern conservatism) said and believed as much.

If you look at most "conservatives" in this country, at the bedrock, they are married to a set of beliefs now rooted in what are known as culture wars.
When it starts to branch out into economic and foreign policy, conservatism falls flat on its face. It is a complete failure from top to bottom
Conservatism hasn't had a successful policy implementation in the last four plus decades.

I wouldn't register any of my guns ever if I still had them, they were all lost in a terrible accident.

I have about 50 firearms. I guarantee that I would never register any of them.

. A 1792 federal law mandated every eligible man to purchase a military-style gun and ammunition for his service in the citizen militia. Such men had to report for frequent musters—where their guns would be inspected and, yes, registered on public rolls.

Looks like a well regulated militia required gun registration

Pretty hard to "register" without a serial number.

I have about 50 firearms. I guarantee that I would never register any of them.

Yeah. Take some of those guns to the local police department and tell them "I want to register these guns" and see how they'd laugh.

Although I do have a friend at the Sheriff's Department who does a serial number check for me when I buy a gun from someone. Wouldn't want to get stuck posessing a stolen firearm.

Maybe not

But if you are found with an unregistered gun you will be arrested.

Do you want to risk it?

Stop already. There is no firearms "registration" in the US, unless it's NFA firearms.

Maybe not

But if you are found with an unregistered gun you will be arrested.

Do you want to risk it?
Damn right I would risk it, what kind of cowardly sheeple would volunteer any info like that to the government, they are not your friend and nothing good could come from it.

Last edited:
Damn right I would risk it, what kind of cowardly sheeply would volunteer any info like that to the government, they are not your feind and nothing good could come from it.

Works for me
Your problem is that guns tend to be noisy and a gunshot can carry for miles

Where you going to fire your guns ?

Not really
Your name would be registered as part of the militia as well as what type of weapon you were bringing.

Who needs a serial number?

That's basically it. All they were doing was registering the militia member, and making a notation as to the make and caliber of the weapon.

That was not "firearms registration."

That's basically it. All they were doing was registering the militia member, and making a notation as to the make and caliber of the weapon.

That was not "firearms registration."
Actually, that is exactly what it is

JGalt belongs to such and such militia, he has the following rank and he has the following weapon

Registration

Forum List

Back