Firearms registration would be unconstitutional and virtually impossible in the US

Of course it was. It's akin to a modern day firearm registration database...just on paper, retained by the town, overseen by adjudicators. They knew who you were, what weapon(s) you owned, and how much ammo you had.

Give it up. You lost this argument.

For the record, there should be a national database of gun registrations. And no private sales (all have to go through a licensed and registered broker). No ghost guns or no guns without serial numbers. Get caught with one of those and to prison you go. :)

@JackOfNoTrade

How could I lose this argument? You haven't even tried to address the point made in the video. Say for instance there was a gun registration system in the US. Are criminals going to register their guns? To do that would be an unconstitutional violation of their right to not incriminate themselves.

And what about recreational and medicinal users of marijuana? You do know that it's a federal crime and a felony for a user of a recreational or medicinal marijuana to be in possession of a firearm or even ammunition, right?

"Federal law prohibits the possession of a firearm or ammunition by any person who is “an unlawful user of
or addicted to any controlled substance.” 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)"

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:18 section:922 edition:prelim)

So you're saying that pot smokers should have to violate their own Fifth Amendment rights and incriminate themselves by registering their firearms?

I can think of several folks on here who wouldn't take kindly to that, folks on both sides of the political aisle.

You don’t have a Constitutional right to not register firearms

But as was explained on page one, firearms registration would be a violation of Fifth Amendment rights for some people: Are armed criminals and recreational or medicinal users of marijuana going to register their firearms?

But as was explained on page one, firearms registration would be a violation of Fifth Amendment rights for some people: Are armed criminals and recreational or medicinal users of marijuana going to register their firearms?
Are Illegals and Enemy Combatant infiltrators ?

. A 1792 federal law mandated every eligible man to purchase a military-style gun and ammunition for his service in the citizen militia. Such men had to report for frequent musters—where their guns would be inspected and, yes, registered on public rolls.

Looks like a well regulated militia required gun registration
In working order as to be expected

@JackOfNoTrade

How could I lose this argument? You haven't even tried to address the point made in the video. Say for instance there was a gun registration system in the US. Are criminals going to register their guns? To do that would be an unconstitutional violation of their right to not incriminate themselves.

And what about recreational and medicinal users of marijuana? You do know that it's a federal crime and a felony for a user of a recreational or medicinal marijuana to be in possession of a firearm or even ammunition, right?

"Federal law prohibits the possession of a firearm or ammunition by any person who is “an unlawful user of
or addicted to any controlled substance.” 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3)"

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:18 section:922 edition:prelim)

So you're saying that pot smokers should have to violate their own Fifth Amendment rights and incriminate themselves by registering their firearms?

I can think of several folks on here who wouldn't take kindly to that, folks on both sides of the political aisle.
You are deflecting. You opined that guns were not registered in the formative days of this country. When they were.

Maybe you need to smoke some pot. Might clear your head. :)

You are deflecting. You opined that guns were not registered in the formative days of this country. When they were.

Maybe you need to smoke some pot. Might clear your head. :)

How am I "deflecting" from my own thread? The original post stated that firearms registration would be unconstitutional and virtually impossible. The video made that point clear.

You were one of those who "deflected" by making the assumption that firearms registration has already existed in the US, ever since the Revolutionary War.

And then like a dope, you contradicted yourself by stating we needed a firearms registration system. :laughing0301:

BTW, I don't smoke pot. That shit is federally-illegal, it fucks up your brain, and isn't worth forfeiting my 2A rights over.

Forum List

Back