Firearms registration would be unconstitutional and virtually impossible in the US

Actually, the first person to do that was a Republican. :auiqs.jpg:

Seriously? The National Firearms Act. The National Firearms Act (“NFA”) was enacted in 1934. FDR was President then.

The Federal Firearms Act of 1938? FDR again.

The Gun Control Act of 1968? LBJ was President then.

The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993? Bill Clinton.

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994? Once again, Bill Clinton.

How about trying to do a little research before you make yourself sound any more ignorant?

How am I "deflecting" from my own thread? The original post stated that firearms registration would be unconstitutional and virtually impossible. The video made that point clear.

You were one of those who "deflected" by making the assumption that firearms registration has already existed in the US, ever since the Revolutionary War.

And then like a dope, you contradicted yourself by stating we needed a firearms registration system. :laughing0301:

BTW, I don't smoke pot. That shit is federally-illegal, it fucks up your brain, and isn't worth forfeiting my 2A rights over.

Post #18, slinky.

As a side note, I agree with you on pot fucking up your brain. I've never smoked it....but I think you might benefit from it...:auiqs.jpg:

Seriously? The National Firearms Act. The National Firearms Act (“NFA”) was enacted in 1934. FDR was President then.

How about trying to do a little research before you make yourself sound any more ignorant?
Great info , thanx much

. A 1792 federal law mandated every eligible man to purchase a military-style gun and ammunition for his service in the citizen militia. Such men had to report for frequent musters—where their guns would be inspected and, yes, registered on public rolls.

Looks like a well regulated militia required gun registration
Could a man own more than one gun? Did he have to list them all? I doubt it.

Nobody said there is

The question was….is gun registration constitutional?
It is
  • A federal law banning the “possession of a firearm with an altered, obliterated, or removed serial number” has been ruled unconstitutional. In a ruling issued Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Joseph Goodwin said serial numbers can’t be required now because they didn’t even exist when the Second Amendment was adopted in 1791.

LOL. Four of your "assertions" came after the one I posted. :rolleyes:

And the Assault Weapons Ban worked..until those god fearing Republicans decided it didn't.. :)

LOL. Four of your "assertions" came after the one I posted. :rolleyes:

And the Assault Weapons Ban worked..until those god fearing Republicans decided it didn't.. :)

More bullshit.

"We cannot clearly credit the ban with any of the nation's recent drop in gun violence," the Department of Justice-funded study concluded in 2004. "Should it be renewed, the ban's effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement."

Fact-Checking Feinstein on the Assault Weapons Ban

Which is why I never bothered to do it.
In the Free State of Florida you can‘t register your firearms.

790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms; electronic records.—
(1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.—
(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:
1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.
3. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a tool for fighting terrorism, but rather is an instrument that can be used as a means to profile innocent citizens and to harass and abuse American citizens based solely on their choice to own firearms and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution.
4. Law-abiding firearm owners whose names have been illegally recorded in a list, record, or registry are entitled to redress.
(b) The Legislature intends through the provisions of this section to:
1. Protect the right of individuals to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.
2. Protect the privacy rights of law-abiding firearm owners.
(2) PROHIBITIONS.—No state governmental agency or local government, special district, or other political subdivision or official, agent, or employee of such state or other governmental entity or any other person, public or private, shall knowingly and willfully keep or cause to be kept any list, record, or registry of privately owned firearms or any list, record, or registry of the owners of those firearms.
(3) EXCEPTIONS.—The provisions of this section shall not apply to:
(a) Records of firearms that have been used in committing any crime.
(b) Records relating to any person who has been convicted of a crime.
(c) Records of firearms that have been reported stolen that are retained for a period not in excess of 10 days after such firearms are recovered. Official documentation recording the theft of a recovered weapon may be maintained no longer than the balance of the year entered, plus 2 years.

Forum List

Back