Firefighters call Trumps comments reckless and insulting

point is they beg for the jobs , work 24 hours a day let them do their jobs and get paid on Friday Admiral . They are public servants , let them do their jobs and quit making a mess for Grocery Store Employees to clean up . [abandoned groceries] --- Admiral .

I have yet to see any of them 'beg' for the job. In fact, my brother-in-law was a fire fighter in training, and when they sent him for training, the class lost 2/3rd of the people. Including him, by the way, who dropped out.

Why did he drop out? Because there are a hundred ways you can die. Toxic fumes that get past your filters. Falling debris from a weakened structure. Being trapped inside when your exit is blocked. Small tanks, even aerosol cans, can explode in the fire.

People are begging for this job? Not so much. More like governments are begging for people to be fire fighters.

My brother-in-law said that when he thought about his six kids and wife, without him, he realized it was better to have a lower paying job with less benefits, and be with his family.

Well firefighters in my area are worthless and lazy, most any day of the week they have a firetruck parked in front of a grocery store in there filling up there grocery cart on your dime.

A kid I went to school with and a friend of mine was one of these "worthless and lazy" firefighters. He lost his life being ordered to enter a warehouse to check to see if people were in there.

Here's a big FUCK YOU from me and him.

Well firefighters in my area are worthless and lazy, most any day of the week they have a firetruck parked in front of a grocery store in there filling up there grocery cart on your dime.
Do you know who is most often the first on scene during accidents/emergencies?
------------------------------------------ just doing their jobs eh Slade , they get paid to do their jobs Slade .
Yup, what’s your point?

Trump doesn't understand science... He thinks climate change is a hoax.

California has lots of droughts, they get a great deal of wind... a simple camp fire during no-burn seasons, or even some idiot throwing his cigarette butt outside their car window, can start a fire that spreads like crazy. It has nothing do with management. People can't control droughts, and those that break the law.
What do you think vegetation management is for ????? ROTFLMBO.

thanks Admiral , putting posters on Ignore is pretty cowardly--- but 'adm. jonhny boy kirby ' --- would do the same thing as you are doing Admiral . [chuckle]

California has lots of droughts, they get a great deal of wind... a simple camp fire during no-burn seasons, or even some idiot throwing his cigarette butt outside their car window, can start a fire that spreads like crazy. It has nothing do with management. People can't control droughts, and those that break the law.
What do you think vegetation management is for ????? ROTFLMBO.

You think deforestation is the answer?

In my younger and crazier days I lived in Northern California.

I personally saw several major wildfires.

Every one destroyed homes that were built in forested areas whose owners had not bothered to clear a "defensible space" around those homes.

Every one fueled by underbrush and deadfall left on the ground due to environmental objections to cleaning it up and thinning the fuel load.

Californis is burning because California's Democrat "leaders" WANT California to burn.

President Trump is right to call them out for their self-destructive actions. Unfortunately they don't want to hear it and prefer nobody else do either - hence their whining about his being so unkind. Given that California won't help itself by responsibly managing forests then it's only right that no other state should be expected to send help of any kind.

Firefighters have their life on the line and our President blames them

Firefighter groups: Trump's California wildfire tweet was 'shameful' and 'ill-informed'

The presidents of two professional firefighters associations have denounced President Donald Trump's assertion that "gross mismanagement of the forests" is to blame for California's devastating fires.

California Professional Firefighters president Brian Rice called the President's words "ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning" in a written statement.

Harold Schaitberger, General President of the International Association of Fire Fighters, said the comments were "reckless and insulting."

Presidential words on firefighters:

"There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor," Trump tweeted. "Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!"

Later on Saturday, Trump tweeted appreciation for the firefighters battling the blazes: "Our hearts are with those fighting the fires, the 52,000 who have evacuated, and the families of the 11 who have died. The destruction is catastrophic. God Bless them all."
Aw, come on, rwer, you're already working on the next election since it seems unlikely your party can carry through its plan of impeaching President Trump sans any solid evidence that he would ever harm this country. The two above "tweets" tell me a story with other aspects than politics:

He is looking into firing people who mismanage forests so blatantly that the fires destroyed too many people's homes and businesses. That's just how our elected President Donald Trump has always rolled when he sees a business blooper in his own realm. He likely will prompt people in the forest management to recharge their priorities to make certain national forests do not create a fire hazard to nearby communitites with a failure to remove incendiaries from being too close to real property next door. The forest service will have to trim back the size of the forest several yards all the way around or he will kick they butts for endangering adjacent property owners with death and home loss due to fire of bordering trees that grow too close to property lines of American citizens he cares about it.

Secondly, he has nothing but admiration and respect for the firefighting community, a few who took umbrage of President Trump's tweets are detractors who love to misinterpret what he said to specific audiences with their inaccurate spin on what was actually said and meant by President Trump.

Firefighters are close to being my favorite people on this planet. They are first responders, and I'm not the only American citizen who loves the ground they grace by walking on top of it with their fire-resistant boots and a hundred pounds of firefighting equipment on their backs headed into a cruel fire. But the California firefighters are so busy right now, they may not have had the opportunity to read anything but what the loud mouth limes out there were blathering inanities about President Trump on television, and information may have been grossly misinterpreted by the rabid press to very tired and very sleep-deprived leaders in the first responder community, due to their being out there where the rubber hits the roads (and smells to high heaven) in California where the fires are so heinously consuming when they spread into bordering homes and properties due to the proximity of burning dry vegetation and high winds blowing sparks further than usual. Paving a large area with fire-resistant pavement may be the only answer for containing such a fire from communities bordering the fire, but the President I am sure wants a change made to protect California liberals from loss of home, bread and butter.
It's a scandal that the unified hate-filled leftwing press who could not do enough to President Trump the other day at the White House are having such fun decimating his character from the comfort of their internets at home to mislead our dear firefighters into thinking that they are not supported. Even so, it doesn't surprise me one bit, because the liberal press has proven only that they as a body are indeed, sore losers and continue on beating up on every word that can be misinterpreted by those naughty, naughty products of liberal journalism departments that are now becoming known as deceit centers of the universities they strangle with arrogant, unkind harassment against conservatives one and all..

In my younger and crazier days I lived in Northern California.

I personally saw several major wildfires.

Every one destroyed homes that were built in forested areas whose owners had not bothered to clear a "defensible space" around those homes.

Every one fueled by underbrush and deadfall left on the ground due to environmental objections to cleaning it up and thinning the fuel load.

Californis is burning because California's Democrat "leaders" WANT California to burn.

"Defensible space" doesn't matter when the winds can pick up embers and carry them miles and catch houses on fire. Just yesterday a guy on MSNBC was covering the fire and he was standing in a subdivision with no trees around, and a random house caught fire from a flying ember.

Firefighter groups: Trump's California wildfire tweet was 'shameful' and 'ill-informed'

The presidents of two professional firefighters associations have denounced President Donald Trump's assertion that "gross mismanagement of the forests" is to blame for California's devastating fires.

California Professional Firefighters president Brian Rice called the President's words "ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning" in a written statement.

Harold Schaitberger, General President of the International Association of Fire Fighters, said the comments were "reckless and insulting."

Words break bones not Styx and stones? Oh no!

A kid I went to school with and a friend of mine was one of these "worthless and lazy" firefighters. He lost his life being ordered to enter a warehouse to check to see if people were in there.

--------------------------------- people die every minute of everyday , its not unusual Fridge .

Trump could murder a firefighter in the middle of 5th Avenue, and his sheep would cheer.
Trump could murder a firefighter in the middle of 5th Avenue, and his sheep would cheer.
Biblically speaking that is false accusation.

---------------------------- sounds like he was doing the job that he begged for and was paid to do Fridge . I mean , hey , he coulda got a job at the Carwash i suppose eh Fridge ??

little i hear about forest fires is that Authorities don't allow dead vegetation cleanup . And they don't allow logging and they don't allow quick stopping of fires . Fire fighters are not the problem as far as policy goes . Its just that i see firefighters as being EMPLOYEES and nothing more than Public / Servant Employees .

I am a tad confused by this.

Is forest management a duty of the fire department? Maybe it is, and I just don't know.

California's Devastating Fires Are Man-Caused -- But Not In The Way They Tell Us

All the evidence suggests that Trump is right. Why firefighters whom Trump was not directing any comments towards, are angry about this..... is stupid.

What did he say, that had anything to do with firefighters? Did I miss something?

IMO...almost all the evidence suggests the opposite.

'California Professional Firefighters president Brian Rice called the President's words "ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning" in a written statement.'

If the California Professional Firefighters President says Trump's words were "ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning"? Whom is more likely to know if they were or not? Trump or the California Professional Firefighters President?

The answer is obvious....and it ain't Trump.

The fact that Trump later made a suck up tweet to the firefighters strongly suggests (to me) that he (or someone on his staff) realized he made an error and was trying to 'be nice' to cover up Trump's original tweet mistake.

So we should just have them remove your address from their database then?
--------------------------- Taxpayer paid Public EMPLOYEES , Public Servants can't Legally punish any one that criticizes them unless they want to break the laws and ethics Crep .
Don't have a cow kid, it was a rhetorical question.
-------------------------------- maybe you learned that trick from 'schumer' that said the 'fbi' and other 'public servants' have a hundred ways to get President Trump Crep .
Lol, you seem upset.

little i hear about forest fires is that Authorities don't allow dead vegetation cleanup . And they don't allow logging and they don't allow quick stopping of fires . Fire fighters are not the problem as far as policy goes . Its just that i see firefighters as being EMPLOYEES and nothing more than Public / Servant Employees .

Why don't you go and tell your local firefighters that you see them as nothing more than DMV employees?

I guarantee you don't have the guts.

Any loser can preach online about something he would not dare say in the real world.

You are indeed a sad fellow.

Have a nice day.

thanks Admiral , putting posters on Ignore is pretty cowardly--- but 'adm. jonhny boy kirby ' --- would do the same thing as you are doing Admiral . [chuckle]

Ignoring whackos and/or trolls and/or people whom you have no respect or interest in is cowardly?

So I am supposed to waste my time on these ding dongs...with them cluttering up my screen when I want to read a thread?

Actually, that reminds me...you are now on my ignore list.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Haven't you heard, Black Flag...Trump DID murder a firefighter yesterday! It was on CNN so it must be true!!! (eye roll)

And now it's time to watch the deplorable trumpanzees attack our nation's firefighters.

to spit on those that stand ready to serve them....

This challenge is exacerbated by myriad factors: forest structure, climate change, development in the wildland-urban interface, the need to protect forest carbon stores, health concerns posed by wildfire emissions, and the potential for landslides in areas that have burned.”
Preventing California's Wildfires with Forest Management

they've broken all prior records

Lol, only you guys see any boogie man attacking the firefighters

The fire fighters in Los Angeles are composed of women who can barely stand up wearing a jacket and helmet

I served with a few that kicked azz, in fact one of my fav stories is the 'first wave' coming out to get our next full scott pack, when all of us took off our gear, one had all this hair fall out of her nomex hood.......we had been fighting fire with a GIRL & didn't even realize it!

They have to defend their Messiah

at any cost

Tell it to the 343 firefighters who charged into the World Trade Center and never came out

worst day ever....
ff03c024d68b45bbf40de98cf100dd0f.jpg

Please do, never needed one , there so worthless around here they just sit outside on a bench in front of fire station waiting for there shift to end

Ones around here would not even piss on a garbage can on fire.

right....

Tell it to people in California where Firemen risk their lives to protect their homes

some loosing their lives too....

It is the federal government that has chosen to divert resources away from forest management, not California.

and by proxy the many FF resources

Trump is a dick....people are dying, houses are burnt down, and he has to come out and say negative things...who the fuck does that but an asshole prick

yup....

No, Trump is a man of action.

Trump is a man of words

These firefighters are public employees and they get paid and thats all they deserve

------------------------------ think thats what the get PAID to do isn't it Sparky ??
Trump said nothing about the Fire fighters
they volunteer , beg for the jobs and they get paid Admiral
all i said is that firefighters aren't special . They beg for the jobs , let them do the jobs and then get paid on Friday . Its as simple as that Admiral

One must pass a physical , theres some mental and emotional checks as well....then there is fire school, then a lot of testing. there are many levels of certification, along with specialty certs.

And yes ,one gets paid , usually there are duty shifts 48 or 72 hrs, or there were 'sleepers' who signed onto a weeks worth of 6-6 nightshift duty

The reality is, the rural contingent pays very little, & fewer sign up these days

One might go from a dead sleep, to hangin' onto the back of a truck screaming to an inferno

You go in.....even the rats want out.....

And the heartache one will witness , it's phenomenal how it can assume a lump in one's throat, stay in one's head

But it ain't no thing.....yep....right....

Well our military are also 'public servants' & get paid.....are you going to paint them the same , today....of ALL days?

I replaced one of two FF's who lost their lives .....

In my later years I tended to many FF's on scene, some didn't make it despite everything we had to throw at them

And finally, I attended funerals for FF's ,complete in dress blues

3 decades, multiple commodations , many many stories....

why?

because when i was a wee lad ,i laid broken in the middle of the road, in/out of consiousness, thinking i was done, and two of 'em saved me

you see....i owed!

Why firefighters whom Trump was not directing any comments towards, are angry about this..... is stupid

IF they're being defunded by proxy of fed funds , the FF's have a legit b*tch

~S~

Presidential words on firefighters:

"There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor," Trump tweeted. "Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!"

Later on Saturday, Trump tweeted appreciation for the firefighters battling the blazes: "Our hearts are with those fighting the fires, the 52,000 who have evacuated, and the families of the 11 who have died. The destruction is catastrophic. God Bless them all."

High 5'in those he's defunding, because CC is kickin' their azz is akin to taking the military's firearms away & patting them on the back

~S~

Last edited:

Forum List

Back