Firefighters call Trumps comments reckless and insulting

In my younger and crazier days I lived in Northern California.

I personally saw several major wildfires.

Every one destroyed homes that were built in forested areas whose owners had not bothered to clear a "defensible space" around those homes.

Every one fueled by underbrush and deadfall left on the ground due to environmental objections to cleaning it up and thinning the fuel load.

Californis is burning because California's Democrat "leaders" WANT California to burn.

"Defensible space" doesn't matter when the winds can pick up embers and carry them miles and catch houses on fire. Just yesterday a guy on MSNBC was covering the fire and he was standing in a subdivision with no trees around, and a random house caught fire from a flying ember.
No embers to worry about if the forest was properly managed, because the fire couldn't get hot enough to create the kind of embers you speak of, and if the proper buffer zones were created, an ember would burn out before causing any damage on re-entry for re-ingition. Yes embers are a problem sure, but the type of embers can be controlled on the front end instead of waiting for them on the back end.

Why not this, in the most volital areas of possibility, install huge sprinkler systems like they do for the crops down south or out west and/or in the north west ???

I mean down in New Orleans they have this elaborate pump system that had to be upgraded due to failure in Hurricane Katrina. If we can address a situation like that, and build massive windmills for power, and extract oil from miles beneath the oceans, build the interstate highway system, the Panama canal, these massive dams, and on and on it goes, yet we can't fix a problem with wildfires in a place that has been plagued with them for centuries ??? If there's a problem, then we fix it, but with liberals in charge, oh well just look at crime in major cities in order to look no further.

Fires are being reported to take over a football field of turf a second via the santa anna winds.

Trees literally explode form boiling sap

Our boys are throwing everything they have at this, to no avail

Miro-US-wildfire.jpg

Does not look like a good place to habitate if that's what happens.

I notice them hoses are flat. No water?

Every one destroyed homes that were built in forested areas whose owners had not bothered to clear a "defensible space" around those homes.

Every one fueled by underbrush and deadfall left on the ground due to environmental objections to cleaning it up and thinning the fuel load.

Californis is burning because California's Democrat "leaders" WANT California to burn.

"Defensible space" doesn't matter when the winds can pick up embers and carry them miles and catch houses on fire. Just yesterday a guy on MSNBC was covering the fire and he was standing in a subdivision with no trees around, and a random house caught fire from a flying ember.
No embers to worry about if the forest was properly managed, because the fire couldn't get hot enough to create the kind of embers you speak of, and if the proper buffer zones were created, an ember would burn out before causing any damage on re-entry for re-ingition. Yes embers are a problem sure, but the type of embers can be controlled on the front end instead of waiting for them on the back end.

Why not this, in the most volital areas of possibility, install huge sprinkler systems like they do for the crops down south or out west and/or in the north west ???

I mean down in New Orleans they have this elaborate pump system that had to be upgraded due to failure in Hurricane Katrina. If we can address a situation like that, and build massive windmills for power, and extract oil from miles beneath the oceans, build the interstate highway system, the Panama canal, these massive dams, and on and on it goes, yet we can't fix a problem with wildfires in a place that has been plagued with them for centuries ??? If there's a problem, then we fix it, but with liberals in charge, oh well just look at crime in major cities in order to look no further.

Fires are being reported to take over a football field of turf a second via the santa anna winds.

Miro-US-wildfire.jpg

Do you really live in Paradise, CA? Or do you just mean a random Paradise location?

In my state, we make fire cuts in the forest. They go around with the "firecut machine" and cut a swath to compartmentalize fires. There are also controlled burns to burn off undergrowth so fires don't get too hot.
Exactly, the fuel increases the heat of the fire to ridiculous levels, and it increases the ember threat born out of that heat once everything is burning. Underbrush fuel and deadfalls create a super volital ignition threat, and creates fires hotter than hell itself once everything is set off. The winds then drive the threat to even worse unimaginable levels. It becomes the perfect storm.

Liberals in charge? Where do you live?

Miro-US-wildfire.jpg
That's why forest management is so important in the areas of volatility. Once out of control, then it's anyone's guess as to what's next.

The fire fighters have to come in and risk their lives after the gross mismanagement of the state. Fire fighters have nothing to do with forestry management.

Did someone pull their Chatty Cathy string so they "gotta blame Trump for something."

Prove it, please.

Can you give us a link that factually and unbiasedly proves that 'firefighters have nothing to do with forestry management'?
/----/ Get your Googled fixed. Answer found in two seconds. Nowhere does it say local firefighters are responsible for managing the forests. No need to thank me, I'm here to help. :
https://lao.ca.gov/reports/2018/3798/forest-watershed-management-040418.pdf
FOREST MANAGEMENT How Forests Are Owned, Used, and Managed in California 33 Million Acres of Forestland in California Owned by Combination of Entities. As shown in Figure 2, close to 60 percent (nearly 19 million acres) of forestlands in California are owned by the federal government, including by the U.S. Forest Service (USFS), Bureau of Land Management (BLM), and National Park Service. Private nonindustrial entities own about one-quarter (8 million acres) acres of forestland. These include families, individuals, conservation and natural resource organizations, and Native American tribes.

Well firefighters in my area are worthless and lazy, most any day of the week they have a firetruck parked in front of a grocery store in there filling up there grocery cart on your dime.

What does this have to do with this topic typical ignorant bastard stick to the topic.

More than likely Trump will be remembered as the faux literate potus .....

gettyimages-488226322.jpg
You found a picture of Trump relieving himself (crapping), a hate filled turd out like that feller from the Whitehouse press core ?... ROTFLMBO

Nowhere does it say local firefighters are responsible for managing the forests

More they're responsible for putting out the fires of that which mismanages them

So, given the feds own the lions share of it, the feds should be responsible

that would mean fiscally so

agreed?

~S~

More they're responsible for putting out the fires of that which mismanages them

agreed?

~S~
If trying to implicate the feds, then don't think about stopping with Trump. You will have to go back through years of gridlock etc in order to implicate the ones responsible, so it best to fight for solutions instead of just more bullcrap finger pointing.

If we haven't gotten used to Trump's comments being reckless and insulting by NOW, when WILL we?

I mean, COME ON!

:hmpf:

agreed?

~S~
If trying to implicate the feds, then don't think about stopping with Trump. You will have to go back through years of gridlock etc in order to implicate the ones responsible, so it best to fight for solutions instead of just more bullcrap finger pointing.

I have to agree federal funding is intricate , in fact the entire ballgame changed after 9/11.

That said, our leaders set the tone

One can set his/her watch on the daily misspoken tweets of our potus , here he obvioulsy does so, then backpeddales

meanwhile Cali is burning down, i guess the mexicans can have it back when it's toast...

~S~

agreed?

~S~

I have to agree federal funding is intricate , in fact the entire ballgame changed after 9/11.

That said, our leaders set the tone

One can set his/her watch on the daily misspoken tweets of our potus , here he obvioulsy does so, then backpeddales

meanwhile Cali is burning down, i guess the mexicans can have it back when it's toast...

~S~
The caravans a coming. Maybe they'll be some abandoned mansions left for them to occupy, ohh wait those are just added fuel now.

Firefighters have their life on the line and our President blames them

Firefighter groups: Trump's California wildfire tweet was 'shameful' and 'ill-informed'

The presidents of two professional firefighters associations have denounced President Donald Trump's assertion that "gross mismanagement of the forests" is to blame for California's devastating fires.

California Professional Firefighters president Brian Rice called the President's words "ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning" in a written statement.

Harold Schaitberger, General President of the International Association of Fire Fighters, said the comments were "reckless and insulting."
Some where in California is an agency which is supposed to manage the forests. I don't know what they call it but that is who trump was blaming.

Maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong, but it seems stupid for a different agency to be mad about it.

He said nothing about the fire fighters so why all the outrage from them?

Firefighters have their life on the line and our President blames them

Firefighter groups: Trump's California wildfire tweet was 'shameful' and 'ill-informed'

The presidents of two professional firefighters associations have denounced President Donald Trump's assertion that "gross mismanagement of the forests" is to blame for California's devastating fires.

California Professional Firefighters president Brian Rice called the President's words "ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning" in a written statement.

Harold Schaitberger, General President of the International Association of Fire Fighters, said the comments were "reckless and insulting."
Some where in California is an agency which is supposed to manage the forests. I don't know what they call it but that is who trump was blaming.

Maybe he is right, maybe he is wrong, but it seems stupid for a different agency to be mad about it.

He said nothing about the fire fighters so why all the outrage from them?
You ask why ??? You haven't been paying attention for quite a while have you ???

Agree with your post.

Well firefighters in my area are worthless and lazy, most any day of the week they have a firetruck parked in front of a grocery store in there filling up there grocery cart on your dime.

What does this have to do with this topic typical ignorant bastard stick to the topic.

What comes after "Hey hey ho ho"?

Forum List

Back