Firefighters Watch As House Burns Down

Paulie is right Ravi. During my career in the Navy, I was part of both the at sea fire party and the inport fire party.

There's a lot more to fighting a fire than merely squirting a hose.

Yeah I think there's some firemen in FDNY who remember a certain incident about 9 years ago who would disagree with you on that Rav.

So you agree with the decision to let the guys house burn down? I'd imagine you would be singing a different tune if it was YOUR home.

No. I would have paid the fuckin fee on time.
Jesus Christ you lefites are a miracle.

Oh shut the hell up you right-wing schmuck; and that goes for all the rest of you that enjoy sucking big business's dick! Why change a paradigm that has been working successfully for everyone else in this fucking country? Might I suggest you look up the San Bruno, CA explosion that occurred just recently? Here was a case that a whole suburban block -and more- was decimated by a gas line explosion and PG&E was at total fault. Through the taxpayer's money, the firefighters did an amazing job and the Government helped the victims by providing shelter, food, and clothes. Do you really want a fee to pay for existing social services and privatize it all so the rich make even more profits? You fucking morons! Why do you thrive on sucking big business's dick when they're working very hard against your best interest? Oh, I know why: because 1) they've manipulated you think that you're freedom is getting robbed by the government and 2) that God is against these types of Government takeovers. All along, right behind your back, they're shutting down manufacturing plants, eliminating American jobs, cutting wages, killing the middle class dream, and sending more American jobs overseas. Why? Because 5 mansions isn't enough! They're just laughing at you schmucks because you bought into their fear induced propaganda which supports their agenda to saturate the wealth to the top 2%! Don't you think it's a little strange that Wall Street is doing well but at the same time unemployment is at it's highest right now? That's because when unemployment goes up; their profits go up! It's not rocket science you "God fearing" dimwits! WAKE UP!!!!

I do believe in God and in Christ; when it comes time to be judged, I pray that God forgives them greedy mother fuckers for destroying America although I know they derve to burn in hell!

You do realize that telling some anonymous poster on a message board to 'shut up' makes you look pretty damned stupid, right?

I also believe in God. And I pray that He will judge us all on our merits as individuals - and not 'collectively'. I always leave it to God to decide who should or should not burn in hell - He knows far more than I do.... but if you're arrogant enough to judge others, that's your business.

Your wrong. The policy was put in place twenty years ago, precisely because 75% of the fire runs were rural and those folks paid nothing. It was a burden on the city folks. It worked well until this guy and his inability to assess risk.

You also fail to recognize that 5 other departments offer the service for free, but chose not to show up. Stop and ask yourself why. I'll bet there was a line at the City Treasure's office the first business day after the fire. About half the county folks were not paying.

:lol: It all worked well until this one guy didn't properly assess his risk and pay $75???

It's a shame 5 other able bodied fire departments didn't show up to put out a fire..A damn shame they couldn't have been blind to the red tape and focused only on fighting fires.

You really believe seventy five whole dollars on this one day made all the difference in cost of fighting that one fire but you fail to recognize the greater value of that hefty fine for taking that risk as the better more reasonable solution than fire department policy of just allowing properties to burn...based on what you said, potentially half the town property burnt to the ground with no public recourse???

The town is 100% covered. Do you usually comment on things you don't understand?

:lol: Half the county...Same point. :rolleyes:

Why is there an extra 75 buck fee for fire services when the people already pay property tax?

I'd like to know where that money is going and what it's being used for, as well as why property taxes don't cover fire services?

Paulie is right Ravi. During my career in the Navy, I was part of both the at sea fire party and the inport fire party.

There's a lot more to fighting a fire than merely squirting a hose.
I realize that...but in this instance it doesn't seem like there was much more of a risk than that.

They don't get paid to risk their lives for a moron who doesn't even think the safety of his home and family is worth $75.
Squirting a hose isn't much of a risk.

Yet another schmuck who enjoys sucking big business's dick! You're totally not seeing the bigger picture you tool! I swear, if I had a nickel for every right-wing robot that says "I don't want to pay for everyone's shit" I would be a billionaire! Stop spitting out what Fox News tells you bro! Little do you know the sword of Damocles is hovering over your head! Dumb ass!

Fighting a structure fire involves much more than "squirting a hose".

Holes need to be cut in the roof for ventilation, which means standing on top of the thing that's on fire where there's a serious risk for collapse. It's one of the most important parts of the fire fighting process during a structure fire.

And then there's salvage and overhaul afterwards where the structure couldbe totally unstable, but the firefighters need to sweep it to put out hot spots and stabilize it.

It's not dangerous at all. It's a walk in the park.

I'm surprised firefighters ever even lose their lives on the job :rolleyes:

They don't get paid to risk their lives for a moron who doesn't even think the safety of his home and family is worth $75.

Where is your water source? How much do you have access to? What is stored in the house? Is the LP gas turned off? Abestos? Ammunition? Plastics?

Just squirt water? Let your local fire fighters know what you think.
:rolleyes: They showed up with a water truck.

As for what was in the house...they never asked, did they?

Where is your water source? How much do you have access to? What is stored in the house? Is the LP gas turned off? Abestos? Ammunition? Plastics?

How long does a tanker with a pump run before it runs out of water?

Wow. 30 pages on this thread.. Not something I expected. But anyways, I didn't make this to support this guys decision not to pay the fee.. Although it's a stupid-ass system to begin with. I made it to disagree with the decision of the REPUBLICAN leaders in that area, to just let the house burn down.
No matter how many times I say that, you righties won't get it through your thick skulls. YES, THE GUY SHOULDA PAYED THE FEE.. AND YES, THE FIRE DEPT. SHOULDA PUT THE FIRE OUT ANYWAYS.
People in the area are outraged, and for good reason. I know If I were a paying neighbour, I'd be saying, put that shit out before it spreads to my home, and I get damaged.

What ever happened to just helping people regardless of profit/cost? Or even helping, then worrying about the cost? Why not just bill the guy after putting the fire out?

Imagine with me, if it had been one of those republican leaders who hadn't payed the fine.. And their house cought fire. Gu-ran-tee they woulda put it out. He would've demanded it.

OK..they showed up with one truck with water.

What would happen if they used up their one truck full of water on the home that didn't pay for the service. The fire got out of hand and spread to the neighbor and burned down the house that DID pay for the service?

Wow. 30 pages on this thread.. Not something I expected. But anyways, I didn't make this to support this guys decision not to pay the fee.. Although it's a stupid-ass system to begin with. I made it to disagree with the decision of the REPUBLICAN leaders in that area, to just let the house burn down.
No matter how many times I say that, you righties won't get it through your thick skulls. YES, THE GUY SHOULDA PAYED THE FEE.. AND YES, THE FIRE DEPT. SHOULDA PUT THE FIRE OUT ANYWAYS.
People in the area are outraged, and for good reason. I know If I were a paying neighbour, I'd be saying, put that shit out before it spreads to my home, and I get damaged.

What ever happened to just helping people regardless of profit/cost? Or even helping, then worrying about the cost? Why not just bill the guy after putting the fire out?

Imagine with me, if it had been one of those republican leaders who hadn't payed the fine.. And their house cought fire. Gu-ran-tee they woulda put it out. He would've demanded it.
Sourcethat they are Republicans. Thanks.

And, do recall that this policy has been in place for 20+ years.

Thanks in advance for some attempt to back up nothing but cheap talk.

How long does a tanker with a pump run before it runs out of water?
They might have found out if they attempted to put out the fire.

A vehicle moving on the public road ways is not the same as a house on its own lot. The tax bases to support infrastructure are from different sources.

Try again.

Okay, I stand corrected.
Would you like to respond the the liability issue which was the crux of the post?

"By the way, the neighbor whose grass caught fire is the actual cause of the fire which caused his neighbors house to burn.
It seems the neighbor who allowed his land to become a fire hazard breached his duty to the community and his neighbor.
The man who lost his house and all his possessions, lost three dogs and his grandchildren's cat, has a cause of action.
The suit will be quite interesting, I suspect, and hopefully very, very expensive.
I suspect the loss of $75 will pale in comparison to what the city will pay in legal fees and settlement costs."

Last edited:
Ravi, please consider changing jobs and working for GEICO's auto insurance division. I want you to handle any claim I may have on my car.

How close do you think the neighbors are at five miles outside of a small town? Again, saying be your brother's keeper falls short when the party in question had no problem placing himself, family and neighbors at risk. All because he was smarter than everyone else and saved $75.

A vehicle moving on the public road ways is not the same as a house on its own lot. The tax bases to support infrastructure are from different sources.

Try again.

Okay, I stand corrected.
Would you like to respond the the liability issue which was the crux of the post?

"By the way, the neighbor whose grass caught fire is the actual cause of the fire which caused his neighbors house to burn.
It seems the neighbor who allowed his land to become a fire hazard breached his duty to the community and his neighbor.
The man whose who lost his house and all his possessions, lost three dogs and his grandchildren's cat, has a cause of action.
The suit will be quite interesting, I suspect, and hopefully very, very expensive.
I suspect the loss of $75 will pale in comparison to what the city will pay in legal fees and settlement costs."
Damn, you ARE lazy.

Read, and discover like most of the rest of us.

Or, just keep showing us your intellectual laziness.

Forum List

Back