First slave owner in America was black

Liberals condemn slavery that ended almost 150 years ago here but don't give a damn about slavery in the middle east,Africa or Asia going on as we speak...interesting.

And this from the guy who believes the states had the right to effectively dismantle our nation all for the sake of preserving slavery?

Who are you trying to kid?

Wrong but hey you statist fucks make a habit of that so...

You do not know Native American history. They enslaved each other, they enslaved whites and blacks when they could, and they were enslaved by whites. Charleston, South Carolina by the 1680 was the center of bringing blacks into the lower South and sending Indians to the Barbadoes.

You are ignorant.

Governor of Maine had slaves as well.

Excuse me, but who would this be, and how was this possible?

You see, Maine was not even a state until 1820, when it entered the nation as a Free state as part of the Missouri Compromise.

And slavery had been illegal in Massachusetts since before 1790, over 30 years before Maine became a state.

So I would absolutely love to see some reference to this.

Native Americans were enslaved in great numbers.

Yea, by the Spanish and other Indian tribes. Not by the Americans. About the only place in all of the Colonies where there was any major "Indian Slave Trade" was South Carolina. And this was only during a brief period of time, from 1670-1720. The practice had already been dead for over 50 years before the Revolution started.

Slavery among the indigenous peoples of the Americas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This thread rocked in failing the OP.

From now on, when folks such as AnCapAtheist and squeezeberry, start such threads, we just laugh, refer them to this thread, and ignore them.

Apparently some people imagine that somehow if any BLACK person was involving in US slavery, that mitigates the nature of the crime itself.

That was the point of this thread, (I suppose) a thread that is historically inaccurate.

Death to all slavers.

Its not historically inaccurate what you people need to comprehend is stop blaming white folks for slavery 100% yep whites did own slaves,so did blacks,mexicans and indians. Africans are the ones that sold their own kind into slavery...slavery still exists to this day in Africa,the Mid East and Asia. Slavery was wrong it should have never happened plain and simple. But at least I am willing to see the whole picture unlike so many of you.

Its not historically inaccurate what you people need to comprehend is stop blaming white folks for slavery 100% yep whites did own slaves,so did blacks,mexicans and indians. Africans are the ones that sold their own kind into slavery...slavery still exists to this day in Africa,the Mid East and Asia. Slavery was wrong it should have never happened plain and simple. But at least I am willing to see the whole picture unlike so many of you.

You white supremacists have been trotting out this canard for decades.

btw, I haven't heard anyone lately deny that there were non-whites in the slave business. Who are you talking about?

Apparently some people imagine that somehow if any BLACK person was involving in US slavery, that mitigates the nature of the crime itself.

That was the point of this thread, (I suppose) a thread that is historically inaccurate.

Death to all slavers.

In a way it's like those who try to blame the Iraq war on the Democrats.

LOL...white supremacist...way to kill any point you might have had. I guess white supremacists are for equal rights for homosexuals? Listen to rap music? Yep...I must be a real horrible white supremacist...its more like you and anyone like you is a fucking idiot who can't grasp reality so you resort to name calling like that in an attempt to shut people up.

No one is denying it but you still won't accept the fact it wasn't just a white thing...Jewish ship owners were the first and the majority of who brought the slaves here...Africans sold them into slavery..so it starts there..

Death to all slavers.

In a way it's like those who try to blame the Iraq war on the Democrats.

Democrats Share the Blame for Tragedy of Iraq War
:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle: Democrat dominated Senate approved the actions to go to war....so what were you saying?

The failure of the white racists to mitigate the race's role in Negro chattel slavery is highlighted in

http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/301683-first-slave-owner-in-america-was-black-9.html

no dumbass,

the point is that the black race shares equally at the very least.

The rest of the thread was just more blame whitey for everything
No, they don't share equally. They would have if color didn't dictate who could be a slave in the USA.

Forum List

Back