Fix our high schools by requiring all seniors take the GED

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
And require a score of say 450 on each of the 5 subtests for the student to graduate. This would bring an end to the " illiterate HS graduate" problem in america. As it is only whites and asians are required to study in school. Blacks and latins know they get to graduate automatically no matter how ignorant they are.

Settle down...and have faith that the liberals are looking out for their best interests. They've been doing a bang up job for the past 50 years.:thup: :eusa_whistle:

Settle down...and have faith that the liberals are looking out for their best interests. They've been doing a bang up job for the past 50 years.:thup: :eusa_whistle:

There's one conservative poster who's okay with the OP. Anyone else? It'll help me prove a point in another thread

There's one conservative poster who's okay with the OP. Anyone else? It'll help me prove a point in another thread

Careful...you don't know what I'm "OK" with, but you go ahead and prove some point if it makes you feel better. Anyone, of any political persuasion, who sticks their head in the sand about the state of our public education for everyone, including minorities, does so at all of our peril.

Careful...you don't know what I'm "OK" with, but you go ahead and prove some point if it makes you feel better. Anyone, of any political persuasion, who sticks their head in the sand about the state of our public education for everyone, including minorities, does so at all of our peril.

Well I'm "latin." And I don't recall graduating "automatically."

So...that doesn't mean that the system is working in the best interest of our children.

So...that doesn't mean that the system is working in the best interest of our children.

Well according to shitspeeders it's working just fine except for the "blacks and latins" who are mucking it up.

And require a score of say 450 on each of the 5 subtests for the student to graduate. This would bring an end to the " illiterate HS graduate" problem in america. As it is only whites and asians are required to study in school. Blacks and latins know they get to graduate automatically no matter how ignorant they are.

Congrats on finnaly passing your GED. you must have since you know so much about it.

Too many kids are pushed on through and still can't even read. Race is a moot point in this problem.

High school only serves to give people very basic skills.

IMO, if the government is going to push a "College Educated Society/Workforce" then they need to either reduce the costs of university tuition OR make college FREE and incorporate it into high school and extend grade school to 16 years.

Either we all get a higher education or nobody does! It's irresponsible to force people to go into debt just to land a basic job.

Well according to shitspeeders it's working just fine except for the "blacks and latins" who are mucking it up.

Focusing on that comment helps the kids in what way?? Whether the OP believes it, or is exaggerating for a purpose, I would think that we could all agree that vast improvements need to be made for the welfare of all.

That's it exactly. If the negros and hispos knew they had to earn their diploma like whites and asians do, they wouldn't act crazy and disruptive all the time.

My state already has an exit exam that students must pass for a state high school diploma. However, it is not a very high bar.

Because of the push to have high graduation rates, a high school does not mean much anymore. The college degree has become the new high school degree.

That's it exactly. If the negros and hispos knew they had to earn their diploma like whites and asians do, they wouldn't act crazy and disruptive all the time.

Here you go [MENTION=18905]Sherry[/MENTION]

If you want to start a thread about educational reforms I'd be glad to participate. But I won't validate this little fucker

Too many kids are pushed on through and still can't even read. Race is a moot point in this problem.

You're full of the brown stuff. White HS graduates can at least read while very few black HS graduates can. It's all about affirmative action grading.

think

High school only serves to give people very basic skills.

IMO, if the government is going to push a "College Educated Society/Workforce" then they need to either reduce the costs of university tuition OR make college FREE and incorporate it into high school and extend grade school to 16 years.

Either we all get a higher education or nobody does! It's irresponsible to force people to go into debt just to land a basic job.

Who pays for this 'free' college? Do you believe that public school is also 'free'?

[
Because of the push to have high graduation rates, a high school does not mean much anymore. The college degree has become the new high school degree.

Yes - HSs want to graduate everyone so they can brag about their high graduation rate. Requiring a decent score on the GED for graduation would end this scam. You can't get even a so-so grade like 450 on the GED subtests if you're illiterate and incapable of third grade arithmetic.

You're full of the brown stuff. White HS graduates can at least read while very few black HS graduates can. It's all about affirmative action grading.

think

Sorry to burst your bubble, but all of us are full of the brown stuff. Obviously you failed in school yourself, or you would know that. Maybe you should be forced to take a GED test yourself.:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back