Flier for "White Student Union" Kicks Up Controversy at West Chester University

I love it when the sheet wearers start barking the same nonsense they learned at their daddy's knee.....it's truly pathetic that they think they have a rational argument.

According to the article, the campus has a "white" population of 85%.

So what is so disturbing/threatening about a black student union that drives these clowns to form a generic "white student union"? Are the majority of the professors black, or is there a dominant "Afro-centric" agenda being pushed on all curriculum levels? Are the less than 2 out of every 10 students they meet so hostile that they seek solace among like minded/looking people?

And are people of the Jewish faith considered "white" by this organization? Are there no ethnic caucasian student groups on campus (Italian, Polish, Irish, Russian, British, German, Bulgarian, etc., etc.) that satisfy the needs of the members?

It's not unusual for campus student groups to represent a minority/separate ethnic/religious/racial/sexual part of the student body....that's been evolving and going on for decades. That being said, the very reasons given for this WSU inception seems bogus....but I'd like to hear the supporters responses to my statements.

I love it when the sheet wearers start barking the same nonsense they learned at their daddy's knee.....it's truly pathetic that they think they have a rational argument.

So what is so disturbing/threatening about a black student union that drives these clowns to form a generic "white student union"? Are the majority of the professors black, or is there a dominant "Afro-centric" agenda being pushed on all curriculum levels? Are the less than 2 out of every 10 students they meet so hostile that they seek solace among like minded/looking people?

And are people of the Jewish faith considered "white" by this organization? Are there no ethnic caucasian student groups on campus (Italian, Polish, Irish, Russian, British, German, Bulgarian, etc., etc.) that satisfy the needs of the members?

It's not unusual for campus student groups to represent a minority/separate ethnic/religious/racial/sexual part of the student body....that's been evolving and going on for decades. That being said, the very reasons given for this WSU inception seems bogus....but I'd like to hear the supporters responses to my statements.
Very solid point you make.

These kids are just ahead of their time is all.

Everyone acknowledges that whites will be a minority in this country within the next half century.

And going from majority to minority turns an exclusion based club into an inclusion based club, and therefore makes it a-ok. Right?

Nothing is disturbing or threating about a black student union. Maybe the white students just want a social club too.

I dont support the whites only union for the same reason I dont support a black student union group or affirmative action. I find seperation people based on race to be racist.

I'm more interested in your justifications for supporting such things as "This race only" groups such as black student unions or even the racist regulations of affirmative action.

You're entitled to your opinion. But the fact remains that allowing a black student union but not a white student union is blatant racism.

You're entitled to your opinion. But the fact remains that allowing a black student union but not a white student union is blatant racism.

Is this contingency racism: Racism just because you say it is?

Its racist to treat groups differently based on race silly goose.

neg'd

not worthy of sincere response

Confirmed. Contingency racism. I suppose you're one of those people that claims describing a black person as "black" is racist.

Confirmed. Contingency racism. I suppose you're one of those people that claims describing a black person as "black" is racist.

So you find it acceptable to treat groups of individuals differently based on race?

Black people are black, white people are white, thats an accurate description and not racist. What is racist would be to exclude a black person from a group because they are black or a white person from a group because they are white.

Why can't we just have a student union that is open to students of all creeds and have their membership based off the content of their character and not the color of their skin?

Please answer both questions if your going to give me a legit answer at all.

So you find it acceptable to treat groups of individuals differently based on race?

Black people are black, white people are white, thats an accurate description and not racist. What is racist would be to exclude a black person from a group because they are black or a white person from a group because they are white.

Why can't we just have a student union that is open to students of all creeds and have their membership based off the content of their character and not the color of their skin?

Please answer both questions if your going to give me a legit answer at all.

No.

Because we don't live in an ideal world. So long as there are people, there will be prejudices. All we can hope to do is blunt the blow of this unfairness. Starting a reactionary "whites only" student group does nothing to address the problem of a "blacks only" student group. What it will do is have a polarizing effect that will justify the "blacks only" student group as a tool against a perceived majority culture that shuns them.
The best course of action would be to seek a ban of racially exclusive student groups without resorting to a reactionary "whites only" student group/ thread.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back