Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout

However, there are many when a gun is the best thing.

No there aren't.

The only situation that I can see the need of a gun to defend yourself, is if you are a soldier and are fighting a war.

hat's your weapon of choice for when 3 illegals kick your door in to rob and rape you and your wife?

1. Most home break-ins occur when the homeowner isn't home.

2. Most home break-ins are to steal something, not cause harm. And 230,000 guns are stolen, mostly from home break-ins, every year.

3. I have an alarm system, a dog, a machete, and a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire a la Lucille. I also have the benefit of knowing my house's layout.

4. Say they kick in your door in the middle of the night, and you've been drinking. Is it "responsible gun ownership" to use your gun half-drunk and half-asleep?

75 kids for 20 minutes :laugh:

Yeah, well they spent their own money unlike your little "hero's" who had millions spent on them and their "protest". Sooooo, freedom loving kids vs billionaire supplied "useful idiots". I know who I support more.
They didn't even make their own signs. Total sham of a protest.

Yes, I agree the 200,000 who marched on Washington were a sham. Paid for by billionaires who want to disarm the PEOPLE of the USA so they can finally control them and make them the peasants they want them to be.

The BIG LIE ^^^

WW ought to be ashamed, his post manifests a lack of integrity and the morality of a reptile.

75 kids for 20 minutes :laugh:

Yeah, well they spent their own money unlike your little "hero's" who had millions spent on them and their "protest". Sooooo, freedom loving kids vs billionaire supplied "useful idiots". I know who I support more.
They didn't even make their own signs. Total sham of a protest.

Yes, I agree the 200,000 who marched on Washington were a sham. Paid for by billionaires who want to disarm the PEOPLE of the USA so they can finally control them and make them the peasants they want them to be.

OUT OF THE 200,000 people in Washington alone how many have you proof of your statement....

Can we have proof for all 200,000...

you keep making emotional based claims and oldlady - i'm TRYING to understand them. you keep demonizing people who defend gun rights with platitudes and emotion, but short on facts..

"I want a gun because I can!" isn't an emotional argument or claim????

You're not defending gun rights, you're defending gun ownership. And you've helped me prove that you cannot be trusted with the responsibilities of owning a gun, simply because you say that people are the problem, not guns. So that would mean you are the problem because you're a person, are you not?

So why should the problem be allowed to arm itself with guns? Because "I WANT ONE!" is all you can say. Which is a childish and emotional argument.

feel you are targeting the AR cause of how it looks. you say more or less no it's designed to kill. so i show you a traditional rifle and ask for the differences in why you don't come after the "traditional" looking gun and it seems you are just getting frustrated because you can't answer some pretty simple questions.you either understand what you're out to ban or you don't. so far, you don't.

Pedantry will get you nowhere and all you're doing is pushing moderates to my side of banning gun ownership. Just like you did with me.

Last edited:
Pete7469
My freedom in no way allows people to commit MURDER. In fact my freedom prevents murder from happening where and when I am able to prevent it. I carry in order to promote my own safety and those in my immediate surroundings.
No, you owning a gun doesn't equate to murder. Most of the people I know own guns and it doesn't bother me at all because they are responsible, sane people. I have listened to all the arguments and it has caused me to move from my original position of wanting this country to go "full Australia."
It doesn't interfere with your freedom in any way if AR type weapons and large capacity magazines are banned. There are plenty of other guns to own and use for your purposes.
The gun supporters are correct that we need to figure out why our culture is so violent and what to do about it. It is, absolutely, the PEOPLE using the gun that are the primary problem.
When gun supporters resist getting guns from the hands of people who are exhibiting violent behavior or are mentally unbalanced, it does not help. Neither does resisting better background checks. None of those things take away anyone's freedom except people who clearly should not have a gun in their possession.

Thank you for your kind words and your patience, too.
one issue to consider is that even if we make AR15s only hold 10 rounds, matching or equaling many sporting rifles, they have speed loaders. they're plastic pieces that hold 10 rounds and are designed to put into the gun and simply "push" - and the gun is reloaded.

better background checks - 100% with you on that one. this has proven time and again to be a point of failure in our current system.
AR type weapons is pretty broad and vague and again, not even the most popular gun used in these but it's a target because of how it looks, not how it functions.

and most responsible gun owners would work with you to target the insane people that abuse guns and make their own enjoyment of valid use of these guns impossible.
I disagree with you that the AR is a target because of how it looks, not how it functions. That is a myth you folks are using to console yourselves, but it isn't true. It functions in the way it was designed--to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. That is why it is the favorite with mass shooters.
then please tell me how gun a is functionally different than gun b. what does it do that gun 2 will not?

california legal AR15
stag%2015%20tactical%20rifle-2.jpg

H&K Sporting Rifle:
HECKLER-and-KOCH-MODEL-SL6-CARBINE-223_100863911_401_2D92448E671CD566.jpg

your overall lack of understanding of guns does not constitute our desire to "console ourselves" in a lie. i wish you'd stick to facts and stop demonizing people vs. learning the differences themselves to give you a better vantage point in these discussions.

if your goal is to reduce shootings, the AR15 isn't the most popular weapon to do this. do i need to look that up for you or do you agree these are handguns that are close to being used twice as much in shootings?
When you guys use this argument, it leads me down Derp's path. You don't want me to go there, so try a different approach.

you mean in that you can't prove what you say?

you keep making emotional based claims and oldlady - i'm TRYING to understand them. you keep demonizing people who defend gun rights with platitudes and emotion, but short on facts.

i feel you are targeting the AR cause of how it looks. you say more or less no it's designed to kill. so i show you a traditional rifle and ask for the differences in why you don't come after the "traditional" looking gun and it seems you are just getting frustrated because you can't answer some pretty simple questions.

you either understand what you're out to ban or you don't. so far, you don't.
It's really odd, Iceberg, but I don't feel emotional in the least, and my argument is based on solid factual articles on AR's and mass shootings.
If the two guns you posted are equally deadly and completely identical in their operation and ease of use and etc. etc., then I guess they need to be banned as well.
But we know the AR was designed to kill as many folks as possible as quickly as possible at close range. The bullets speed up in the barrel to create maximum damage, and the grip and the minimal kickback make it a very easy gun to shoot. That is why they are favored by mass shooters. Ease of kill. Rapidity of kill. Designed for large capacity magazines. Available at all your favorite sporting goods stores.

When you guys use this argument, it leads me down Derp's path. You don't want me to go there, so try a different approach.

For me, the revelation came when I realized that there is no such thing as "gun safety" since a gun's inherent use is unsafe. There is nothing "safe" about what a gun does and what its function is; to maim and/or kill. So "gun safety" as gun control simply won't solve any of the problems.

Guns in the hands of criminals are all supplied by "responsible gun owners". So all these people pretending that they are responsible with their guns (but not responsible for them), are likely trying to convince themselves of it because they know, deep down, there is nothing safe about a gun or bringing it into your home.
I disagree that people know deep down that guns aren't safe. They feel safer with them. I know too many people with guns and am too realistic as to what can be accomplished right now to advocate a full gun ban. But you're right on the money--the arguments tempt me down that path.

75 kids participated compared to hundreds of thousands nationwide on walkout day?

WoW - very impressive - Did the NRA organize this? :rolleyes-41:
Their parents must not let them on FB. Poor dears.

one issue to consider is that even if we make AR15s only hold 10 rounds, matching or equaling many sporting rifles, they have speed loaders. they're plastic pieces that hold 10 rounds and are designed to put into the gun and simply "push" - and the gun is reloaded.

better background checks - 100% with you on that one. this has proven time and again to be a point of failure in our current system.
AR type weapons is pretty broad and vague and again, not even the most popular gun used in these but it's a target because of how it looks, not how it functions.

and most responsible gun owners would work with you to target the insane people that abuse guns and make their own enjoyment of valid use of these guns impossible.
I disagree with you that the AR is a target because of how it looks, not how it functions. That is a myth you folks are using to console yourselves, but it isn't true. It functions in the way it was designed--to kill as many people as possible as quickly as possible. That is why it is the favorite with mass shooters.
then please tell me how gun a is functionally different than gun b. what does it do that gun 2 will not?

california legal AR15

H&K Sporting Rifle:

your overall lack of understanding of guns does not constitute our desire to "console ourselves" in a lie. i wish you'd stick to facts and stop demonizing people vs. learning the differences themselves to give you a better vantage point in these discussions.

if your goal is to reduce shootings, the AR15 isn't the most popular weapon to do this. do i need to look that up for you or do you agree these are handguns that are close to being used twice as much in shootings?

you keep making emotional based claims and oldlady - i'm TRYING to understand them. you keep demonizing people who defend gun rights with platitudes and emotion, but short on facts.

i feel you are targeting the AR cause of how it looks. you say more or less no it's designed to kill. so i show you a traditional rifle and ask for the differences in why you don't come after the "traditional" looking gun and it seems you are just getting frustrated because you can't answer some pretty simple questions.

It's really odd, Iceberg, but I don't feel emotional in the least, and my argument is based on solid factual articles on AR's and mass shootings.
If the two guns you posted are equally deadly and completely identical in their operation and ease of use and etc. etc., then I guess they need to be banned as well.
But we know the AR was designed to kill as many folks as possible as quickly as possible at close range. The bullets speed up in the barrel to create maximum damage, and the grip and the minimal kickback make it a very easy gun to shoot. That is why they are favored by mass shooters. Ease of kill. Rapidity of kill. Designed for large capacity magazines. Available at all your favorite sporting goods stores.

Yep - the comparison is stupid. Wonder why more mass shooters don't go with the H&K Sporting Rifle? :rolleyes-41:

What I Saw Treating the Victims From Parkland Should Change the Debate on Guns
Wounds From Military-Style Rifles? ‘A Ghastly Thing to See’
The difference between an AR-15 and handgun can be seen in the bullet wounds
What an AR-15 Can Do to the Human Body

california legal AR15

H&K Sporting Rifle:

1) they are not favored by mass shooters. those are handguns.
Weapons used in mass shootings in the U.S. 1982-2017 | Statistic

i presented this before and for *some* reason, it was overlooked. so the AR and it's "look alikes" are a distant second as the "favored weapon.

2) now you want to ban the other because YOU can't name a difference. so vs. learn and understand, its ban. if you ban things based off how you feel and not facts, what would YOU call it?

3) barrel rifling - all guns have this. at least any made in the last 100 years.

4) a .22 is easy to shoot also. most guns these days are.

and you revert back to liberal powerpoint bullets which do not have facts nor tell the whole story.

but now - we do come to your "well if this gun does the same then it should be banned too" OF WHICH you said "giggle, we're not coming for your guns".

yet the more you learn about them and the less functional differences there actually are between what you see and how they perform, you are in fact coming for the guns.

you are coming from an emotional "how i feel" standpoint, not on facts. bout all there is to it.

i get you hate guns. i get you see no use for them. i agree many shooters will use them because of the look not because of the functionality because again, the other gun and most semi-automatic guns will do the same thing. just not LOOK mean and nasty OF WHICH i said you were targeting this gun for OF WHICH you said you're not OF WHICH it would appear you are cause you can't name the physical differences between them OF WHICH there really are not many.

we do agree that background checks need to be overhauled. after that you go to "i don't like them they should go" and i try to stay with facts and no, we're not getting very far this way because you don't want to get into a factual debate or you'll "derp" out.

got it.

On Friday (March 30), a large group of students from Rockledge High School in Brevard County, Florida, staged a walkout to show their support of the second amendment and the right to bear arms, WFTV.com and Fox News reported.

Four kids walked out

Why should I be impressed?
They weren't paid to demonstrate.

This is a joke... 200,000 people marched in Washington and you complain that the Media didn't give the same coverage to 75 doing a 20 min walk out...

Seriously..

And your only defense is to claim without any proof that kids were paid by Billionaires to do that... No proof just wild speculation...

No...just guns. It doesn't matter what kind of gun it is. All that matters is that it is a gun.

2) now you want to ban the other because YOU can't name a difference. so vs. learn and understand, its ban. if you ban things based off how you feel and not facts, what would YOU call it?

There is no argument you can make to convince anyone that a gun is inherently safe, or that it's inherently safe in your hands. The mere fact that you have a gun means you are a target for thieves, who will take your gun when they break into your home when you're not there. It happens 230,000 times every year. It happens 26 times every hour. So in the time it's taken me to write this post, 2 or 3 guns have been stolen from "responsible gun owners" and are now in the hands of criminals.

3) barrel rifling - all guns have this. at least any made in the last 100 years. a .22 is easy to shoot also. most guns these days are.

Should it be so easy to kill someone? Seems to me like you only own a gun because you have a personal wish of wanting to kill someone, but you're too much of a chickenshit to do it with a melee weapon or your own hands. Certainly not a "responsible gun owner" if you own a gun because it's so easy to use to kill someone. Your posturing doesn't even convince you that you're not to be messed with.

but now - we do come to your "well if this gun does the same then it should be banned too" OF WHICH you said "giggle, we're not coming for your guns".

Oh, well, I am definitely coming for your guns and I will get them one way or another.

yet the more you learn about them and the less functional differences there actually are between what you see and how they perform, you are in fact coming for the guns.

Yeah, because you've done such a great job explaining why gun control won't work, and revealing why you don't hold yourself and other gun owners responsible for their guns ending up in the hands of criminals. So since you're not going to accept any responsibility or accountability for your fellow gun owners, none of you should be allowed to have guns.

you are coming from an emotional "how i feel" standpoint, not on facts. bout all there is to it..

Your argument for gun ownership inevitably boils down to "because I want one!" Which is entirely an emotional "how I feel" position.

On Friday (March 30), a large group of students from Rockledge High School in Brevard County, Florida, staged a walkout to show their support of the second amendment and the right to bear arms, WFTV.com and Fox News reported.

Four kids walked out

Why should I be impressed?
They weren't paid to demonstrate.

This is a joke... 200,000 people marched in Washington and you complain that the Media didn't give the same coverage to 75 doing a 20 min walk out...

Seriously..

And your only defense is to claim without any proof that kids were paid by Billionaires to do that... No proof just wild speculation...

And they didn't even make their own signs - LoL

We had 1500 kids walk out of a single high school (Boise High) on walkout day.

That was impressive

i get you hate guns. i get you see no use for them. i agree many shooters will use them because of the look not because of the functionality because again, the other gun and most semi-automatic guns will do the same thing. just not LOOK mean and nasty OF WHICH i said you were targeting this gun for OF WHICH you said you're not OF WHICH it would appear you are cause you can't name the physical differences between them OF WHICH there really are not many.

So if people are the problem, as you're saying here, then why do you think the problem should be able to buy guns?

we do agree that background checks need to be overhauled. after that you go to "i don't like them they should go" and i try to stay with facts and no, we're not getting very far this way because you don't want to get into a factual debate or you'll "derp" out.

Stop lying. You don't think or believe in background checks being overhauled. You're just saying that shit to make yourself sound reasonable. We've been told over and over from you people that background checks don't work and expanding them or making them universal to all gun transactions is "punishment", or some stupid shit like that. So nice try with the fake-out, but I'm not buying it.

How would you overhaul the current background check system? You can't say because you don't want the system overhauled because it might be overhauled in a way that flags you, personally, as someone who can't pass a background check.

No...just guns. It doesn't matter what kind of gun it is. All that matters is that it is a gun.

There is no argument you can make to convince anyone that a gun is inherently safe, or that it's inherently safe in your hands. The mere fact that you have a gun means you are a target for thieves, who will take your gun when they break into your home when you're not there. It happens 230,000 times every year. It happens 26 times every hour. So in the time it's taken me to write this post, 2 or 3 guns have been stolen from "responsible gun owners" and are now in the hands of criminals.

3) barrel rifling - all guns have this. at least any made in the last 100 years. a .22 is easy to shoot also. most guns these days are.

Should it be so easy to kill someone? Seems to me like you only own a gun because you have a personal wish of wanting to kill someone, but you're too much of a chickenshit to do it with a melee weapon or your own hands. Certainly not a "responsible gun owner" if you own a gun because it's so easy to use to kill someone. Your posturing doesn't even convince you that you're not to be messed with.

Oh, well, I am definitely coming for your guns and I will get them one way or another.

Yeah, because you've done such a great job explaining why gun control won't work, and revealing why you don't hold yourself and other gun owners responsible for their guns ending up in the hands of criminals. So since you're not going to accept any responsibility or accountability for your fellow gun owners, none of you should be allowed to have guns.

you are coming from an emotional "how i feel" standpoint, not on facts. bout all there is to it..

Your argument for gun ownership inevitably boils down to "because I want one!" Which is entirely an emotional "how I feel" position.
fuck off.

So if people are the problem, as you're saying here, then why do you think the problem should be able to buy guns?

Stop lying. You don't think or believe in background checks being overhauled. You're just saying that shit to make yourself sound reasonable. We've been told over and over from you people that background checks don't work and expanding them or making them universal to all gun transactions is "punishment", or some stupid shit like that. So nice try with the fake-out, but I'm not buying it.

How would you overhaul the current background check system? You can't say because you don't want the system overhauled because it might be overhauled in a way that flags you, personally, as someone who can't pass a background check.
fuck off.

Forum List

Back