Florida lawmakers propose military service as alternative to jail time

It is a tough job but smoke jumpers are trained and often supported by water tankers, fire departments and other support assistance. The Legionnaires that were dropped weren't trained, didn't have support and only had a shovel.

Let's face it! You don't know shit from Shinola!

Training? How much training do you need to shovel dirt on a fire?

You do realize that legislatures can pass or repeal laws ... Right?
Also, if you want to suggest that the Department of Defense cannot change policy on a whim, then you aren't keeping up with the times ... :thup:

It won't happen because it is a stupid idea! It degrades the military's ability to maintain the fighting forces with esprit de corps and maintaining good order and discipline.

There is nothing wrong with that. There is limiting the highs of that recruit. The military has many ways to continue careers. Including being a recruiter that may be pushed on individuals. However, a recruiter can push a person to better themselves in a MOS by their ways if not by influence from outside influences.

I was "pushed" as you say to be a recruiter, meaning I got orders to recruiting duty without asking for them. Almost every Marine does a B billet during their career if it is more than 8 years.

It won't happen because it is a stupid idea! It degrades the military's ability to maintain the fighting forces with esprit de corps and maintaining good order and discipline.

So ... You are saying that the Department of Defense won't change policy because it is a stupid idea ...
That doesn't best serve morale, lethality and operational success.

What fucking rock have been living under, you ignorant twat ... :auiqs.jpg:

So ... You are saying that the Department of Defense won't change policy because it is a stupid idea ...
That doesn't best serve morale, lethality and operational success.

What fucking rock have been living under, you ignorant twat ... :auiqs.jpg:

You should have more respect for your betters. For example, the law banning those convicted of domestic violence from joining the military is not DoD policy, but a federal law.

You should have more respect for your betters. For example, the law banning those convicted of domestic violence from joining the military is not DoD policy, but a federal law.

I have upmost respect for betters, but you aren't one of them.

The article in question didn't state the category of any of the offenses that would be eligible.
If you have to go to 'what if" case scenarios, just to make up an argument, you're just desperate.

Go Pound Sand Nit-Wit ... :thup:

Conscription isn't exactly freedom, though.

It is to conservatives. For all of their flag waving and "Don't tread on me" caterwauling they have an odd love affair with authoritarian boot licking.

It was about more than the number. They were good kids that made small mistakes. I never cared about the numbers, I cared about the kids I was putting in. Which is why I never had great numbers but also never had a person I put in not finish boot camp. In the Marines you are responsible for them till they day they graduate boot camp. If they drop out for any reason, even injury, they come off your numbers and you have to find another to or risk not making mission.

If the mistakes were that small you could have gotten a waiver.

It is to conservatives. For all of their flag waving and "Don't tread on me" caterwauling they have an odd love affair with authoritarian boot licking.

There is a difference in compulsory service and choosing to take one thing or another ... :thup:
They can go to jail if it suits them better.

Of course, it's Progressives that would rather nothing happens to lawbreakers.

God forbid we owe things to the society that has given us so much.

That can be repaid in many forms and forcing people to give back in a way the government dictates is hardly synonymous with the slogan "Land of the free."

There is a difference in compulsory service and choosing to take one thing or another ... :thup:

That wasn't what I was addressing. If you can't keep up with the conversation keep your opinion to yourself.

That can be repaid in many forms and forcing people to give back in a way the government dictates is hardly synonymous with the slogan "Land of the free."

If you don't force people to give back then too many won't. Maybe my generation wouldn't have so many useless and entitled pussies if we had mandatory service.

That wasn't what I was addressing. If you can't keep up with the conversation keep your opinion to yourself.

You addressed conscription in a previous comment, and the OP and Topic aren't about Conscription nor Compulsory Service.
If you can wander around off topic ... Then I can steer it wherever I may want to take it (like back towards the topic).

Try to keep up slowpoke ... :thup:

Last edited:

You addressed conscription in a previous comment, and the OP and Topic aren't about Conscription nor Compulsory Service.
If you can wander around off topic ... Then I can steer it wherever I may want to take it.

Try to keep up slowpoke ... :thup:

Then they don't. That's their choice. Again, "Land of the free," remember?
The society and laws we all benefit from have a cost. Without some form of compulsory contribution our way of life won't work.

Anybody that doesn't want to contribute should stop driving on my roads and bridges. They should also stop enjoying my parks and expecting protection from my military and police.

Excuse me, wasn't it you commies that decided that making women register for the draft was a good idea?

The army stopped that a long time ago after they realized that people who have no choice dont make good soldiers. DSame reason they got rid of the draft
I don't have any data on that but from what I've read, if you washed out, you had to finish up the rest of the time in jail.
When I was a lot younger, my friend's brother, stole his mother's car, one night, the police found him a few hours later that same night.
I thought he ended up in jail, which may have happened but the next thing I knew the guy is in the Navy, spent 32 years in there, retired, and bought a dive shop.

Forum List

Back