Florida lawmakers propose military service as alternative to jail time

I thought about being a teacher once, but then I decided that I don't want to be poor. I guess you're chill with it, smart guy. Let me know if it ever gets real bad. Maybe I could spare you a couple bucks or something.
What does my profession from which I retired almost 4 years ago have to do with your ignorance? BTW, I was recruiter in the Navy and now do the same type of work as a civilian contractor for the Army.

Thanks to the stupid Liberals we have queers, transsexuals, Illegals, unqualified women and dumbass affirmative action Negroes so why not criminals?

Judges have been doing it forever. There were half a dozen in the crew of 300, and a couple in boot that I knew of that were in the Navy this way. This was in the late 70’s
You are lying, or they were! I was enlisted in the Navy in 1978-1979. My contract had a question that I had to verify that I was NOT enlisting as an option given to me by the courts to avoid prosecution.

Stupid. I hear police forces in blue cities are having trouble recruiting. Sounds like a good idea for them.

The French Foreign Legion was almost entirely made up of criminals and those fleeing justice at one time and probably still is. The Legion's brutality is legendary not only towards enemies but also towards Legionnaires failing to carry out orders or assignments. Oddly enough it works and those who serve are proud to be Legionnaires.

I worked with the French Foreign Legion in preps for the invasion of Haiti in the early 90s. Our crew had to clear the mess decks for them to eat because no one could stand the stench!

NOT convicts, people that have been charged with certain crimes.
That's been an option for first-time offenders for a long time.
The army stopped that a long time ago after they realized that people who have no choice dont make good soldiers. DSame reason they got rid of the draft

it's a good idea, folks!

That used to be the norm.

Back-in-the-day when The Draft was still operative.

But, since the early-to-mid 1970s, we've had an All-Volunteer Military...

Probably best to leave it that way...

Although, I suppose, we could form Labor Batallions in all branches of the service, and put all the rotten eggs into one basket, so-to-speak...

And somewhere on the first page of this thread, somebody suggested Reduced Pay ( Regular Pay - Restitution Pay = Reduced Pay )... not a bad idea, on paper, anyway...

There would be a lot to work through... and some formidable Pros and Cons... but it might be worth exploring...

As to its present-day Legality... well... the Law is what We-the-People say it is... perhaps Congress can clear the way with the proper revocations and new legislation...

It was about more than the number. They were good kids that made small mistakes. I never cared about the numbers, I cared about the kids I was putting in. Which is why I never had great numbers but also never had a person I put in not finish boot camp. In the Marines you are responsible for them till they day they graduate boot camp. If they drop out for any reason, even injury, they come off your numbers and you have to find another to or risk not making mission.
There is nothing wrong with that. There is limiting the highs of that recruit. The military has many ways to continue careers. Including being a recruiter that may be pushed on individuals. However, a recruiter can push a person to better themselves in a MOS by their ways if not by influence from outside influences.

I worked with the French Foreign Legion in preps for the invasion of Haiti in the early 90s. Our crew had to clear the mess decks for them to eat because no one could stand the stench!

That smell probably contributed to their fearsome reputation.

I remember in Corsica they parachuted Legionnaires into burning bush fires. They gave each one a shovel and ordered them to put out the fire. No other assistance was given to them.

That smell probably contributed to their fearsome reputation.

I remember in Corsica they parachuted Legionnaires into burning bush fires. They gave each one a shovel and ordered them to put out the fire. No other assistance was given to them.

We have smoke jumpers and firefighters that do the exact same thing here. Pardon me for not being impressed.

We have smoke jumpers and firefighters that do the exact same thing here. Pardon me for not being impressed.

It is a tough job but smoke jumpers are trained and often supported by water tankers, fire departments and other support assistance. The Legionnaires that were dropped weren't trained, didn't have support and only had a shovel.

What does my profession from which I retired almost 4 years ago have to do with your ignorance? BTW, I was recruiter in the Navy and now do the same type of work as a civilian contractor for the Army.

I decided I'm going to start being a prick to you since you're regularly a prick to me for no real reason. At first I gave you some leniency because I try to show respect to the people here that aren't retarded. I know how to spit fire with the best of them though, so go fuck yourself Mr. K-12. You're just a lower middle class peasant with a big mouth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back