🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida Republicans to gun hating doctors mind your own business

Seriously, you need to stop being afraid to leave the basement. There are no feral guns waiting to shoot you down.

Guy, there was a gun death not fifty feet from where I am sitting right now. No one is safe from your fetish.

You really have no clue, do you? I think I've figured out why you're so angry. You're stuck in the past and can't figure out how to catch up with the rest of the world.

NO, guy, I've got EXACTLY a clue. Hey, I mentioned how the company I just left if now going to fire about 100 people because the greedy douchebags who own it are moving their jobs to Mexico.

None of these people are in a union.

Most of them aren't white, and very few of them are male.

So the idea that working folks don't need protection from the 1% is just as silly now as it was 50 years ago.

So what protection do you speak of? Creating a law that no business is allowed to move from this country? And if so, how in the world can you enforce something like that?

Unions can't keep companies here in the US. In fact, they are responsible for many of them leaving.

Unions are the victims of their own success. Like with many movements, they started with a noble purpose, to improve the lives of workers, and they were wildly successful. Almost, if not everything they fought for has been encoded into law. Their problem is, even though the rest of the country has grown and moved on, they're still stuck in the 1950's, fighting battles that have long been over. That is why union membership is at all time lows and they are struggling to be relevant. If they do not adapt to the current work environment, they will fade away.

NO, guy, the reason why unions have declined is the same reason the working person has declined. Rich people are too fucking greedy. Period.

That and the REpublicans have convinced stupid people like you that you just get rid of that union protection, they'll see your real worth... yeah, right.

Right, it's the Republicans fault and the evil greedy rich people.

It certainly has nothing to do with those liberal shoppers at Walmart. It has nothing to do with those who order on the internet to save money and time. It's the rich persons fault because they catered to the demands of their customers.

So what protection do you speak of? Creating a law that no business is allowed to move from this country? And if so, how in the world can you enforce something like that?

Unions can't keep companies here in the US. In fact, they are responsible for many of them leaving.

I have a lot of great ideas.

FOr instance, 500% tarrifs on foreign made goods that could be made here.

I also have a really neat idea. We out the outsourcers.

Public Service Announcement.

"This is Bob...
This is the factory that Bob Closed down and moved all the jobs to China.
These are all the nice people Americans Bob put out of jobs.
This is where Bob Lives.
This is Bob's fat ugly wife.
This is where that bitch gets her hair done.
These are his douchebag kids
This is where the little douchebags go to school."

I'm sure since BOb is such a fine businessman, he can talk his way out of that one.

It certainly has nothing to do with those liberal shoppers at Walmart. It has nothing to do with those who order on the internet to save money and time. It's the rich persons fault because they catered to the demands of their customers.

YOu are using WalMart as an example? Seriously?

again- conservatism... it's like Stockholm Syndrome. Naw, fuck that, it's like Battered Wife Syndrome.

Seems to me that you have it a bit backwards. It's the unions that became so selfish.

The more a union worker makes, the more the unions make. In the beginning, unions did put the worker first. As they got bigger, it's the union that became the most important.

There is a difference between a living wage and a ridiculous wage. Let me give you some personal examples:

Your examples are retarded. Frankly, this just sounds like not bothering to negotiate good contracts that utilized people.

I find it amusing that you guys think it's horrible that someone makes five figures doing a questionable job, but you are totally cool with CEO's making seven and eight figures for mismanaging their companies.

Even the union bosses don't make six figures.

I've seen more than enough worthless people who are the payroll because they are pals with the manager or someone's relative. I just can't get worked up because a union contract doesn't keep up with the times.

You watch too many movies. CEO's don't stick around and not produce. They don't putt on their indoor greens in their office because they have nothing better to do.

CEO's lose their jobs all the time. Check out Crane's business paper and you see this happening every month.

And who protected more useless workers for just showing up than unions? Who promoted more useless workers than unions simply because of tenure and not performance?

YOu are using WalMart as an example? Seriously?

again- conservatism... it's like Stockholm Syndrome. Naw, fuck that, it's like Battered Wife Syndrome.

You leftist jokers always blame Republicans and rich people. You never blame the cause. The cause in this country is that Americans want cheaper and cheaper stuff. They don't care where it's made, they don't care about quality. All we care about is cheap.

Yes Joe, Walmart. Walmart is the largest big-box store in America and they got that way by catering to the demands of their customers. Their customers didn't demand American made goods. Their customers didn't demand that their shelf stockers make a living wage with good benefits. Walmart's customers demanded cheaper products.

I have a lot of great ideas.

FOr instance, 500% tarrifs on foreign made goods that could be made here.

I also have a really neat idea. We out the outsourcers.

Public Service Announcement.

"This is Bob...
This is the factory that Bob Closed down and moved all the jobs to China.
These are all the nice people Americans Bob put out of jobs.
This is where Bob Lives.
This is Bob's fat ugly wife.
This is where that bitch gets her hair done.
These are his douchebag kids
This is where the little douchebags go to school."

I'm sure since BOb is such a fine businessman, he can talk his way out of that one.

Okay, so let's put a 500% tariff on imported products. What do you think the reaction of other countries will be to our tariff? If you guessed they will do the same to our exported goods, then you guessed correctly.

Check out how Bush made out when he placed a tariff on imported steel. Now gee, who pays that tariff indirectly? If you guessed the company, then guess again. The pass all their production costs to the consumer. In essence, you would be placing a tax on the American buyers and not the companies.

You watch too many movies. CEO's don't stick around and not produce. They don't putt on their indoor greens in their office because they have nothing better to do.

Guy, my attitudes about CEO's and corporations doesn't come from movies. It comes from 24 years of working for privately held companies and seeing all sorts of shitty behavior. It comes from reading about guys like Ed Hanaway who let teenage girls die by denying them treatment and getting paid NINE FIGURE retirement packages.

But you keep blaming that Auto Worker who gets paid $28.00 an hour. It's all his fault.

Seems to me that you have it a bit backwards. It's the unions that became so selfish.

The more a union worker makes, the more the unions make. In the beginning, unions did put the worker first. As they got bigger, it's the union that became the most important.

There is a difference between a living wage and a ridiculous wage. Let me give you some personal examples:

Your examples are retarded. Frankly, this just sounds like not bothering to negotiate good contracts that utilized people.

I find it amusing that you guys think it's horrible that someone makes five figures doing a questionable job, but you are totally cool with CEO's making seven and eight figures for mismanaging their companies.

Even the union bosses don't make six figures.

I've seen more than enough worthless people who are the payroll because they are pals with the manager or someone's relative. I just can't get worked up because a union contract doesn't keep up with the times.

CEO's lose their jobs all the time. Check out Crane's business paper and you see this happening every month.

And who protected more useless workers for just showing up than unions? Who promoted more useless workers than unions simply because of tenure and not performance?

Reality is not his strong suit. He is a paper pusher who keeps losing his jobs because he is an asshole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, so let's put a 500% tariff on imported products. What do you think the reaction of other countries will be to our tariff? If you guessed they will do the same to our exported goods, then you guessed correctly.

Who cares if they do? Frankly, it would just make us more self-reliant.

Free Trade has been supported by a bunch of right wing assholes looking to screw the working man and a bunch of left wing wimps who thinks we need to sit around singing Kumbaya with the rest of the world looking out for itself. The one thing I like about Trump is the fact he's calling bullshit on tihs.

Again, I've seen non-union shops where people were promoted because they were the boss' drinking buddy, because they were fucking the boss. I've seen people who have been fired because they were gay.

there's a lot of dogshit on both sides of the fence, guy.

Now, I'd be all for reforming the labor movement. I wouldn't mind replacing NATIONAL unions who have no stake in the company with Work Councils like they have in Germany which do. But as I pointed out, all these non-white ladies who are about to be fired from my ex-company didn't belong to a union, didn't really demand much money but they are all going to get let go anyway.

Maybe we need a system that looks out for working people first and unions and corporations second. Just an idea.

Because, honestly, an economy at the end of the day is just people who provide goods and services and those who consume goods and services. All unions and corporations do is divide up the pie.

Who cares if they do? Frankly, it would just make us more self-reliant.

Free Trade has been supported by a bunch of right wing assholes looking to screw the working man and a bunch of left wing wimps who thinks we need to sit around singing Kumbaya with the rest of the world looking out for itself. The one thing I like about Trump is the fact he's calling bullshit on tihs.

Who cares if they do? Well the American consumer for one. The US economy for another. After all, if an American shopper today can walk out of Walmart with seven items for $100.00, but after a tariff, walks out with only four items, that is a hit on our economy.

Less buying equals less work. Less items a shelf stocker has to replace. Less freight delivered to the stores. Less buying meaning less cashiers needed. Less work for the warehouse workers that bring in, count, and set those products up for delivery.

Today, you can buy an 80" big screen for about $3,000 because it's foreign made. Up that price to $5,000 because it's American made or foreign made with a tariff, you will have many less people buying that television set.

A few years back, I went to my local KFC store to get a chicken dinner. I was met with a closed sign on the door. So I went to the next suburb, found the same thing.

Doing a search, I learned that KFC's were closing down all over the country--not just where I lived. Customers were going to cheaper chicken places like Popeye's and Church's. While KFC maintained the quality of their chicken of years past, other places produced less expensive meals that didn't taste as good, but was cheaper.

Americans made their choice on fast food. A big mac today doesn't taste anything like the original. Neither do any of Burger King products. They had to use cheaper quality products to produce their meals to keep with the consumer demand.

Again, I've seen non-union shops where people were promoted because they were the boss' drinking buddy, because they were fucking the boss. I've seen people who have been fired because they were gay.

Now, I'd be all for reforming the labor movement. I wouldn't mind replacing NATIONAL unions who have no stake in the company with Work Councils like they have in Germany which do. But as I pointed out, all these non-white ladies who are about to be fired from my ex-company didn't belong to a union, didn't really demand much money but they are all going to get let go anyway.

Maybe we need a system that looks out for working people first and unions and corporations second. Just an idea.

Because, honestly, an economy at the end of the day is just people who provide goods and services and those who consume goods and services. All unions and corporations do is divide up the pie.

Correct. But when unions divided up more pie to their cut, employers moved or replaced humans with robots.

Back in the 80's, I was working with medical companies. During that time, the company I was working for was erecting a pharmacy. It was not a public pharmacy, but a pharmacy to serve our customers.

They hired a pharmacist who was very familiar with government regulations. At the time, UPS was on strike, and one day after our Monday morning meeting, we struck up a conversation about the strike by the coffee pot.

As we talked about the strike, our newest employee became very irritated and rudely walked away from our conversation. The meeting broke up and I was the only one by the coffee pot when she came back. In her hand, she had a pharmacist magazine opened to the page of the UPS strike.

She highlighted a section that stated a senior UPS driver made about 55K per year. A licensed pharmacist made about 60K a year. In anger, she asked me why anybody would be stupid enough to go what she had to go through to become a pharmacist when being a union UPS driver paid nearly the same?

She made a good point, and that's why pharmacists today make well into the six figures.

Today, we all pay for that increase when we purchase our drugs. The culprit is not the pharmacist, the culprit is the unions that well overpaid non-skilled employees that made just as much as our medical professionals back in the day.

I've worked in non-Union shops my whole life, been hiring and firing for decades and never, in any company I have worked for and seen the crap you claim. If you are going to lie, make it believable. You also talk about taking bids and going with the lowest, wtf? Seriously, the amount of the accepted bid isn't always the lowest as you seem to think, more BS.

Yes yes you are soooo powerful in your position as a petty functionary we know.

You could get fired again tomorrow or throw another tantrum and walk off your job and believe me you would not be missed

Unlike you, I have a job. Given the amount of time you spend here, I doubt you do.

Well you see I work less now and make more because I have a business I put most of my time in up front over the last 7 years.
Now I leverage the time of people willing to trade that time for a paycheck. You know people like you

I get most of my work done between 4 AM and 7 AM in my home office then I spent about 3 or 4 hours a day at the business most days the rest of the time I do whatever the fuck I want

You on the other hand have to beg a boss for time off and constantly worry about being shit canned again

Who cares if they do? Well the American consumer for one. The US economy for another. After all, if an American shopper today can walk out of Walmart with seven items for $100.00, but after a tariff, walks out with only four items, that is a hit on our economy.

again, this is the lie the Free Traders tell, that if they had to pay an American a decent wage, we couldn't afford anything. Oddly, the economy can never do without their 8 figure CEO Salaries, but we simply just can't pay the people who DO the work a fair wage to do it.

It is, of course, bullshit.

Today, you can buy an 80" big screen for about $3,000 because it's foreign made. Up that price to $5,000 because it's American made or foreign made with a tariff, you will have many less people buying that television set.

I'm going to call shennanigans on this, because the favored right wing talking point is to replace the income tax with a national sales tax. So you guys aren't against raising consumer prices if it means giving yet another break to rich people at the expense of working people.

Again- Conservatism is like Battered wife Syndrome.

Doing a search, I learned that KFC's were closing down all over the country--not just where I lived. Customers were going to cheaper chicken places like Popeye's and Church's. While KFC maintained the quality of their chicken of years past, other places produced less expensive meals that didn't taste as good, but was cheaper.

Uh, guy, I still see more KFC's than Popeye (which tastes like shit) or Churches. So, uh, no.

She highlighted a section that stated a senior UPS driver made about 55K per year. A licensed pharmacist made about 60K a year. In anger, she asked me why anybody would be stupid enough to go what she had to go through to become a pharmacist when being a union UPS driver paid nearly the same?

She made a good point, and that's why pharmacists today make well into the six figures.

So Pharmicists today are making six figures because this girl was angry? Not following the specious logic here. Frankly, it strikes me a UPS Driver works a lot harder. He's lifting shit every day, he's having to meet a very tight schedule, he has to learn his route and know the people on his route, there's a shitload of record keeping.

I've worked in non-Union shops my whole life, been hiring and firing for decades and never, in any company I have worked for and seen the crap you claim. If you are going to lie, make it believable. You also talk about taking bids and going with the lowest, wtf? Seriously, the amount of the accepted bid isn't always the lowest as you seem to think, more BS.

IN my industry, the lowest bid usually wins, because service and quality are pretty much constants...

Somehow, If you really are a boss (which I doubt) I could probably talk to anyone unfortunate enough to work for you and get quite a different story.

And a visit to this thread would not be complete without a talk to the malignant narcissist...

Well you see I work less now and make more because I have a business I put most of my time in up front over the last 7 years.

So essentially, you are a self-employed and self-important guy who spends all day begging functionaries for purchase orders. Got it.

again, this is the lie the Free Traders tell, that if they had to pay an American a decent wage, we couldn't afford anything. Oddly, the economy can never do without their 8 figure CEO Salaries, but we simply just can't pay the people who DO the work a fair wage to do it.

It is, of course, bullshit.

I'm going to call shennanigans on this, because the favored right wing talking point is to replace the income tax with a national sales tax. So you guys aren't against raising consumer prices if it means giving yet another break to rich people at the expense of working people.

Again- Conservatism is like Battered wife Syndrome.

Uh, guy, I still see more KFC's than Popeye (which tastes like shit) or Churches. So, uh, no.

So Pharmicists today are making six figures because this girl was angry? Not following the specious logic here. Frankly, it strikes me a UPS Driver works a lot harder. He's lifting shit every day, he's having to meet a very tight schedule, he has to learn his route and know the people on his route, there's a shitload of record keeping.

Wrong as usual Joe. The point being that it's unions that created the mess we have today because of job losses and inflation. What kind of idiot would go to college for that long of time, put themselves in debt for many years to come, and only to make about as much money as UPS driver, a UAW worker, A steel worker?

To attract people to other professions--especially in the medical field, you have to pay those people much more money. Decades later, what is a top concern for Americans today? That's right, medical costs and insurance.

You on the left always complain about those terrible CEO"s. Well....... if they are doing so well and you're not, why don't you become a CEO? The reason is you can't. There are plenty of CEO's that don't make the big-bucks. Only the best do.

And you on the left never complain about what other professionals make such as entertainment or sports. If some actress makes 10 million to do one stupid film, you and your family pay to go to the movie theater and see it, or otherwise through Netfix or something. They don't have near the education that a CEO has, they don't have nearly as much pressure.

What do you suppose those workers on a movie or television set make compared to an actor? The cast of The Big Bang theory make over a million dollars each an episode plus they get a cut of the reruns. They didn't move the scenes to the stage, they didn't haul any PA equipment around, they didn't come up with the jokes or the lines of the show or movie. They just simply act.

No, KFC is Not Closing Or Going Bankrupt: But It's Profit Fell in Q2 2013

Forum List

Back