Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

None of these were laws and none were done to silence dissent.

And I have spoken out against mask mandates and vaccine mandates on this forum on a regular basis.
Spoken out. OK and then what?

And this never happened?

So we agree.
No, we don't.
But I saw my kids experience this travesty firsthand. Initially with the trans BS and then vaccine and mask mandates. School closings, etc. Reason does not work against the far left, who have zero issues throwing mud. So I just punch back. It is not even cathartic, it is necessary IMO.
No, it's stupid and destructive. You're basically saying that one party implementing bad government justifies the other doing it.

Leftists have been punishing dissent since Biden took office.
This is a lie.

Denouncing and opposing rightwing bigotry, racism, and hate is not ‘punishing dissent.’

Denouncing and opposing rightwing lies is not ‘punishing dissent.’

Denouncing and opposing the right’s efforts to destroy our democratic institutions is not ‘punishing dissent.’

And denouncing and opposing the right’s contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law is not ‘punishing dissent.’

And this never happened?

Cancel culture is not governmental. That's a radical difference.

This is a lie.

Denouncing and opposing rightwing bigotry, racism, and hate is not ‘punishing dissent.’

Denouncing and opposing rightwing lies is not ‘punishing dissent.’

Denouncing and opposing the right’s efforts to destroy our democratic institutions is not ‘punishing dissent.’

And denouncing and opposing the right’s contempt for the Constitution, its case law, and the rule of law is not ‘punishing dissent.’
You define anyone who disagrees with you on anything as RW bigotry. Save it for someone who cares.

And this never happened?

Yep that happened, and that is how things should happen. The people did it, not the government. There were not laws passed to punish Goya foods, just a boycott that failed like almost all boycotts.

Can you truly tell me you see no difference in the people choosing to punish a company by not giving them their money and the government punishing said company?

Oh please. The DNC funds many of these "non Governmental" actions behind the scenes.
Alright. I used to think we had some agreement on the fundamentals. But it sounds like you're more interested in fighting the culture war than fighting bad government. Even as that makes government worse.

Yep that happened, and that is how things should happen. The people did it, not the government. There were not laws passed to punish Goya foods, just a boycott that failed like almost all boycotts.

Can you truly tell me you see no difference in the people choosing to punish a company by not giving them their money and the government punishing said company?
It is not "people" it is social media driven pacs sponsored by the Democrats. GOP does it more overtly. OK. But both do it and the Dems are awful.

There are two sides to this. IMO given how Cali has been run and NY and MA....Fla may do as it wishes.

Alright. I used to think we had some agreement on the fundamentals that could be a basis for discussion. But it sounds like you're more interested in fighting the culture war than fighting bad government. Even as it makes government worse.
Define "bad Government"? To me Trump was pretty good. Kept most of his campaign promises, spent on the military and border security, was pro economic grown, moved our embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. You lambasted him. So now we have this walking corpse and the country is falling apart. But you are preaching to me how I am the problem. GOT IT!

It is not "people" it is social media driven pacs sponsored by the Democrats. GOP does it more overtly. OK. But both do it and the Dems are awful.

It is the people and they often fail because it is the people and the people are not really all that big on boycotting things they like.

I think you know how I define bad government. Just read all the basic libertarian literature. It's exemplified in this thread, all the stuff that you keep justifying in the name of the culture war.
Like I said. To me Trump was pretty good. You hated him. Now we have Biden. Are we better off? The culture war is here. Pick a side. I side With my kids.

Forum List

Back