Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Who cares what the vote was. It was a rushed bill created to punish dissent and in the end it seems it will punish some of the citizens of the state instead.
So now you know more than the voters? The voters care. Duh.

Leftists have been punishing dissent since Biden took office. Show me links to you posts where you're outraged about that.

There should be but there aren't as we saw with mask and vaccine mandates. Should? 100%. Is? NFW!

Social Media is our new Govt.
Again with the nihilism. If you're not arguing for what you think is right, why are you here?

So now you know more than the voters? The voters care. Duh.

The voters did not vote for this specific law. How can you not know this. Did anyone ask the voters of the impacted counties if they wish to take on $977,215,801 in bond debt?

Leftists have been punishing dissent since Biden took office. Show me links to you posts where you're outraged about that.

Show me a law like this passed by the leftist and I will show you my outrage.

Um, why would anyone feel they couldn't legally oppose legislation? They have the absolute right to oppose it. That's not what's being questioned...
I'll admit to not being fully versed on this issue so, if I'm missing something, please tell me. But I just think it's wrong to punish someone simply because they have a different opinion

This was the question.

I want to go on record as Stating I am NOT a supporter of the LGBTQ Crowd. BIOLOGICAL MEN do NOT belong in WOMEN'S SPORTS or LOCKER ROOMS

The assholes are the Hollywood queers thinking they can come to Florida and brainwash our children with their filthy ass Groomer hate.
Conservatives are the epitome of neo-fascism: contrive lies about one’s political opponent, such as ‘grooming’ children to be gay or transgender, then use the authority of the state to compel conformity and punish dissent – in this case Disney opposing the right’s bigotry and hate concerning gay and transgender Americans.

The voters did not vote for this specific law. How can you not know this. Did anyone ask the voters of the impacted counties if they wish to take on $977,215,801 in bond debt?

Show me a law like this passed by the leftist and I will show you my outrage.

I am arguing what I think is right. The right move is to punch back and see how the far left likes it. Trump was the first of many such punches.
Impotent thrashing and petty retribution doesn't improve government. It might be cathartic, but it's childish and destructive. I think this is my biggest beef with Trump actually.

None of these were laws and none were done to silence dissent.

And I have spoken out against mask mandates and vaccine mandates on this forum on a regular basis.

It's the same principle that stops people from just going to the bathroom in the streets.
lol!! Thanks for the laugh.

We don't appreciate the Hollywood queers coming to our state and grooming our kids to be filthy ass queers and transsexuals.

If they try to do it like we saw Disney Groomers, Inc doing it then they may lose their Reedy Creek Development District honey pot.

Being queer groomer assholes with a stated agenda to brainwash kids with homo filth has consequences.
Again that sounds not good. What districts in Florida documented that happening? I didn't see anything in the news.

I do actually. The Constitution says that the Govt is not allowed to do so. It does not say that we the people cannot in our daily lives.
hmmm. I dunno we pay for police protection and infrastructure, so I don't see how people can use that to make profit, and then deny service to people who are paying taxes.

I was more inclined not to punish the bakers simply because Gay people are not going to be denied equal protection. There are just so many of them, and that was always the case. Plus most everyone has gay relatives. That isn't the case with Jews/muslims and black/latino. The gender discrimination was not really about getting served chicken or being allowed go swimming in a public pool.

Dude, the fucked society is here. How do you not see that? My kids were forced to get vaccines and still had to wear masks while playing physical sports. Biological boys who identify as girls are allowed to play against them (I have two daughters). If I speak out, I am called a racist, bigot and transphobic. If I say "All Lives Matter" I am deemed a racist. We elected devout Muslim extremists to Congress and our president is 100% compromised via his son. Lastly, capitalism is not functioning well when a BOD can reject a solid offer to acquire a publicly traded company and not put a vote to its shareholders.

The country is broken.
kids have been required to get vaccinations to attend public schools since before I was born, and I'm approaching old testament standards here. LOL

Impotent thrashing and petty retribution doesn't improve government. It might be cathartic, but it's childish and destructive. I think this is my biggest beef with Trump actually.
So we agree. But I saw my kids experience this travesty firsthand. Initially with the trans BS and then vaccine and mask mandates. School closings, etc. Reason does not work against the far left, who have zero issues throwing mud. So I just punch back. It is not even cathartic, it is necessary IMO.

Hmmmm.

First, I am in complete agreement with the legislation which keeps teachers from talking to young kids about sexual identity issues. That shouldn't happen.

I don't know how comfortable I am with the State punishing Disney for their opposition to that legislation, though. Unless there's something in Disney's current agreements with the State which would allow them to ignore that legislation (and I don't think there is), I just don't see the reason to punish them.

I'll admit to not being fully versed on this issue so, if I'm missing something, please tell me. But I just think it's wrong to punish someone simply because they have a different opinion...
Removing Disney's special existence has been talked about several times before.
Perhaps Disney should remember not to upset their very unique existence to virtue signal.

Forum List

Back