Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

DeSantis "little game" is going to cost Disney Groomers, Inc a few hundred million dollars a year so I think they will keep their little queer Libtard mouths shut the next time.

And the counties involved will gain $977,215,801 in debt.

All Disney has to do is up their ticket price by 5 bucks and they have made up the few hundred million dollar with ease....but the counties are fucked when they have to deal with the $977,215,801.

That is what the political leaders in MA say and if you speak out then social media buries you and your family. Hence I do not use my real name here
The question we're discussing is whether that is good government. Or at least I assume that's what we're discussing. If you're just here to say - "it's all fucked up so I don't give a shit", that's another story.

What "little game"?

The game of punishing Disney for daring to offer peaceful dissent.

What is your view of the fact that the counites in the area will now gain $977,215,801 in bond debt? Do you think they can take that on without any problems?

Everyone should just keep their mouths shut and do what they're told, eh?
We don't appreciate the Hollywood queers coming to our state and grooming our kids to be filthy ass queers and transsexuals.

If they try to do it like we saw Disney Groomers, Inc doing it then they may lose their Reedy Creek Development District honey pot.

Being queer groomer assholes with a stated agenda to brainwash kids with homo filth has consequences.

Dude, the fucked society is here. How do you not see that? My kids were forced to get vaccines and still had to wear masks while playing physical sports. Biological boys who identify as girls are allowed to play against them (I have two daughters). If I speak out, I am called a racist, bigot and transphobic. If I say "All Lives Matter" I am deemed a racist. We elected devout Muslim extremists to Congress and our president is 100% compromised via his son. Lastly, capitalism is not functioning well when a BOD can reject a solid offer to acquire a publicly traded company and not put a vote to its shareholders.

The country is broken.
Ok. Do you have any interest in fixing it?

The question we're discussing is whether that is good government. Or at least I assume that's what we're discussing. If you're just here to say - "it's all fucked up so I don't give a shit", that's another story.
"Good Gov't" is subjective. We are discussing IMO is what is Gov't doing in terms of is it representing the people who voted these legislators in?

WTF? Half the republican states passed abortion laws in violation of Roe V Wade.
GG, you act like Democrats don't challenge the Constitution. Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden have all had their hands slapped for trying to get unconstitutional orders through. You act like no one else has ever challenged anything.

I don;t care why the special treatment was removed just that it was.
Had State Republicans rescinded Disney’s special status because it was unfair to other companies not so privileged, that would at least be consistent.

But that’s not what happened.

What happened was a vindictive governor and State Republicans rescinded Disney’s special status because the Company opposed the bigotry and hate of that governor and those State Republicans.

And now the dishonest right is attempting to ‘justify’ the State’s act of vengeance against Disney behind the façade of the special status designation was ‘unfair’ to begin with.

"Good Gov't" is subjective. We are discussing IMO is what is Gov't doing in terms of is it representing the people who voted these legislators in?
Not me. I'm discussing elected leaders overstepping their bounds. I don't care who government is "representing". There should be limits on its power. Are you rejecting the concept of Constitutionally limited government?

The game of punishing Disney for daring to offer peaceful dissent.

What is your view of the fact that the counites in the area will now gain $977,215,801 in bond debt? Do you think they can take that on without any problems?
I told you already, do you have amnesia? I did not do a deep dive into this. 23-16 was the vote. The voters were elected by the people. What specific law was broken? How many people were punished for offering peaceful dissent? Chris Harrison? Gina Carano?

Not me. I don't care who government "representing". There should be limits on their power. Are rejecting the concept of Constitutionally limited government?
There should be but there aren't as we saw with mask and vaccine mandates. Should? 100%. Is? NFW!

Social Media is our new Govt.

Which has shit to do with the current Gov. Again, nobody is moving to a state due to the Gov if they have more than half a brain.
Government not Governor. Yes, people will move there because they believe the laws are less restrictive. You would do well to have a half a brain.

I told you already, do you have amnesia? I did not do a deep dive into this. 23-16 was the vote. The voters were elected by the people. What specific law was broken? How many people were punished for offering peaceful dissent? Chris Harrison? Gina Carano?

Who cares what the vote was. It was a rushed bill created to punish dissent and in the end it seems it will punish some of the citizens of the state instead.

Government not Governor. Yes, people will move there because they believe the laws are less restrictive. You would do well to have a half a brain.

With each post you contradict the one before it. YOu said people were moving there because of DeSanits, now you change your story again.

Forum List

Back