Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Do you support ending tax breaks for oil companies?

Do you support ending law suit protections for gun manufacturers?

Yup, sure do. How is that in anyway in the same stratosphere as this. And to be clear I never thought Disney or any company should have had what they had. But to pull it back like this is simple retribution by the government.

Why should oil companies have subsides to make money?
MAGA

LOL. These outrages have a way of backfiring on politicians. Ronny better be careful here. He might sink his Presidential aspirations before they ever start campaigning.

Sigh...the just and righteous are so easily led.
Florida Republicans are really pissed off about Disney pulling all the campaign funding and donations they've generously been giving the party for decades.
THAT'S why the outrage. Money. :)

Doing away with the Reedy Creek Improvement District will fuck the Disney Groomers more than anybody realize.

The biggest thing will be with water management.

Florida is divided into Water Management Districts that control the flow of water, both surface and groundwater. Also the protection of wetlands and aquifer recharge areas.

Reedy Creek was its own water management district so they could do essentially anything they want.

Now they will be under a real water management district.

They will have to get all kinds of permits and have to adhere a lot more regulations and that will make their operations more costly and bureaucratic.

They should have kept their queer mouth shut.

Yup, sure do. How is that in anyway in the same stratosphere as this. And to be clear I never thought Disney or any company should have had what they had. But to pull it back like this is simple retribution by the government.

Why should oil companies have subsides to make money?
MAGA
You just made my point for me. Thank you

1650566719492.png

Where does it say their debt is forgiven, corporate welfare shill?

Not forgiven, just moved. The bonds were for the public works project like their water treatment plant. that will now be under control of the state/county who will then also take over the bonds. The link to this is in this thread.

Really, in what way. Be specific.
MAGA
Libs will give less or not at all if they cant write ot off on their taxes

and the lib political action group will have to pay taxes on their income

plus I havent mentioned it yet but no more government slush finds to private community service scams

Last edited:
Not forgiven, just moved. The bonds were for the public works project like their water treatment plant. that will now be under control of the state/county who will then also take over the bonds. The link to this is in this thread.
Meaning government will now own part of Disney?

Either way Micky and Pluto will pay

Meaning government will now own part of Disney?

Either way Micky and Pluto will pay

the will own a water treatment plant. They will now have to run it and pay for the upkeep and deal with almost a billion dollars in bond debt.

Forum List

Back