Florida.

I was born her. Got the "Florida Native" sticker on my bumper and everything. This place is full of nuts, but it's interesting. There was a story out of Tampa years ago. A truck driver was arrested. He was moonlighting as a hitman. And was a cross-dresser to boot. Now, put a cross-dressing, truck-driving, hitman in your book or movie and people will complain that such a character is unbelievable. But this is just a normal story out of Florida. Although, I suspect everyplace has such loony tune types, but it has become stereotypical to think that just Florida has these stories. Eh, it gives us something to talk about.

That said, if I could pass one law, it would be to tax snowbirds to the point that they go somewhere else. They can't drive, they drive up real estate prices, and they bring their goofy laws with them.

I understand where youre coming from, I think...:lol:

Florida has always been fucked up.

not true ! when i lived there in the 1940's black folk stepped off the side walk when a white person was approaching, most just walked in the street to avoid the whites, we also had some really great black neighbors, they gave us some home grown food and a really great Alligator stew, Mom tried to give them some money, but most refused.

Florida was a great place to live back then, in a small village named Wellborn, it is in Suwannee County.

The Rosewood massacre was a violent, racially motivated conflict that took place during the first week of January 1923 in rural Levy County, Florida, United States. At least six blacks and two whites were killed, and the town of Rosewood was abandoned and destroyed in what contemporary news reports characterized as a race riot. Racial disturbances were common during the early 20th century in the United States, reflecting the nation's rapid social changes. Florida had an especially high number of lynchings in the years before the massacre, including the well-publicized Perry race riot where a black man had been burned at the stake in December 1922.

Rosewood was a quiet, primarily black, self-sufficient whistle stop on the Seaboard Air Line Railway. Spurred by unsupported accusations that a white woman in nearby Sumner had been beaten and possibly raped by a black drifter, white men from nearby towns lynched a Rosewood resident. When black citizens defended themselves against further attack, several hundred whites combed the countryside hunting for black people and burned almost every structure in Rosewood. Survivors hid for several days in nearby swamps and were evacuated by train and car to larger towns. Although state and local authorities were aware of the violence, they made no arrests for the activities in Rosewood. The town was abandoned by black residents during the attacks. None ever returned.

Rosewood massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thup:

Brain-dead crackers.

Forum List

Back