Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed by the media...

Look at the other right wing threads on this young lady.

Is she a lesbian?

Does she want to be paid to have sex?

Right wingers are so dirty. They just smear. There's no discussion here. No counterpoint. Nothing serious.

Remember, pigs like to drag you down and play in the filth, and the pig likes it.

They figure, if they throw enough shit against the wall, something is bound to stick.

At least, stick in the public eye long enough for them to undermine their credibility.

It's fucking disgusting is what it is.

The situation was so ridiculous, it seemed something was missing in a valid argument from Ms. Fluke.
She had NO valid argument. She lied about herself to everyone except the left in Congress that paraded her in front of the cameras.

The problem for the right is that when Rush called her a slut and prostitute and asked her to post sex videos everyone related her to their wives or daughters

Anyone who uses birth control whether they are married or not must ask.......does the right think I am a slut too?
Gotta throw Rush into it? How gratuitous of you.

Idiot.

Of course she has an agenda, and she's had it since the day she enrolled. Her agenda is to force the church to conform.

Writes a Georgetown graduate and "former chief counsel of the House Subcommittee on the Constitution", Cathy Cleaver Ruse:

"I was not Catholic when I attended Georgetown Law, but I certainly knew the university was. So did Ms. Fluke. She told the Washington Post that she chose Georgetown knowing specifically that the school did not cover drugs that run contrary to Catholic teaching in its student health plans. During her law school years she was a president of "Students for Reproductive Justice" and made it her mission to get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. Ms. Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed in the media.
"Georgetown Law School has flung wide its doors to the secular world. It will tolerate and accommodate all manner of clubs and activities that run contrary to fundamental Catholic beliefs. But it is not inclined to pay for or provide them. And it has the right to do so—to say "this far and no further."

Cathy Ruse: Limbaugh and Our Phony Contraception Debate - WSJ.com

You link to an article written by a woman who doesn't know how much contraception costs? What is she? About 90?

In the mean time, Catholic Charities gets nearly 70% of all it's money from the US Government. Since that's MY money too, I say, provide her with birth control.

So if the government gives money to "Catholic charities", then any organization you choose that's affiliated with Catholicism loses their 1st amendment rights whenever you find it convenient?

Of course she has an agenda, and she's had it since the day she enrolled. Her agenda is to force the church to conform.

Writes a Georgetown graduate and "former chief counsel of the House Subcommittee on the Constitution", Cathy Cleaver Ruse:

"I was not Catholic when I attended Georgetown Law, but I certainly knew the university was. So did Ms. Fluke. She told the Washington Post that she chose Georgetown knowing specifically that the school did not cover drugs that run contrary to Catholic teaching in its student health plans. During her law school years she was a president of "Students for Reproductive Justice" and made it her mission to get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. Ms. Fluke is not the "everywoman" portrayed in the media.
"Georgetown Law School has flung wide its doors to the secular world. It will tolerate and accommodate all manner of clubs and activities that run contrary to fundamental Catholic beliefs. But it is not inclined to pay for or provide them. And it has the right to do so—to say "this far and no further."

She is still a private citizen. Attack at you own peril.
She's an activist.

But somehow, I think you would in the same breath say that Rush is not a private citizen.

Every woman that disagrees with the Republican Party is an "activist". That's an unspoken fact among Republicans. I thought everyone already knew that.

I guess you missed this, in the article, then when I quoted it early, and linked it:

"She told the Washington Post that she chose Georgetown knowing specifically that the school did not cover drugs that run contrary to Catholic teaching in its student health plans. During her law school years she was a president of "Students for Reproductive Justice" and made it her mission to get the school to give up one of the last remnants of its Catholicism. "

I didn't "miss" anything.

Nowhere in that article does it say she went to Georgetown specifically for the purpose of changing the school policy.

Which is what was said she had stated.

The two are obviously not the same. Not even close.

For instance. If someone goes to a school that doesn't admit minorities, knowing that is the case, and then at some point in his education, he decides to try and change the policy...

That doesn't mean that the point of attending the school was to change that policy.

The circular logic you people are trying to employ here is unbelievable.

But, as ditto-heads, I guess this is the kind of logic you're used to.

You link to an article written by a woman who doesn't know how much contraception costs? What is she? About 90?

In the mean time, Catholic Charities gets nearly 70% of all it's money from the US Government. Since that's MY money too, I say, provide her with birth control.

So if the government gives money to "Catholic charities", then any organization you choose that's affiliated with Catholicism loses their 1st amendment rights whenever you find it convenient?
Once the Camel's nose is under the tent? The Government can freely do what they want according to the left.

Shes a whore and a slut for the liberal left agenda.

More free contraceptives in DC:

Free Birth Control & Annual Exams

"
FREE family planning services include:

Family planning education, counseling and risk reduction
HIV and STI testing when directly related to family planning services
Pregnancy testing
All birth control methods approved by FDA, including birth control pills, Depo-Provera, IUDs including Mirena, The Patch, diaphragms and emergency contraception
Non-prescription products like male and female condoms, contraceptive gels, foam, film, cream and suppositories
Sterilization - vasectomy and tubal ligation
Annual exam "

Planned Parenthood Fed of America 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Washington, DC 20005 (202) 261-0880

Planned Parenthood Inc1780 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036 (202) 973-4800

Fucking retard.

Because every American is within walking distance to Planned Parenthood. Not even you believe that, or do you?

No, I'm waiting on you to go after him. You know... something different than the left's typical hypocrisy.

By your own logic, Flucke is a valid political target too then and Rush should not have apologized or lost sponsors.

And are you saying that slut is worse than c***? my my my.. Maybe Rush should have called her that instead.

What office was Fluke running for?

What political opponents had Ms Fluke made previous disparaging remarks about?
Doesn't matter by your logic. She was made a public figure by testifying in front of congress to lobby for government interference with religion.

She's fair game for being called this and worse by your own rules. What'd Trig and Bristol Palin do to deserve abuse? Be born with Down's Syndrome and have a mother run for office while giving birth out of wedlock?

At least those two had done less for the abuse they suffered at the left's hands that Flucke. That piece of astroturf went in, eyes open and hoped for something to catch fire.

Once the Camel's nose is under the tent? The Government can freely do what they want according to the left.

YEah, definitely seems to be a pattern formed in that respect. That should worry people with this initiative to provide contraception universally via government dictate. How long from now, and how broke do we need to be, before the government decides that the taxpayers have a financially vested interest in the government telling people when and when not to fuck? Kinda like theories that we might need to tax and regulate trans fats because the taxpayers have to fit the bill for people who can't afford health care? How long until I have to toss Uncle Sam some change every time I wanna dig my girl out?

George R. R. Martin called it, "The dwarf's penny" :razz:

The big picture is:

1) This whole fiasco is a distraction from the miserable failure that is Obama.

2) The contraception debate is just a disingenuous way to circumvent the abortion debate.

3) The contraception debate is also a loser for the democrats, but demonizing the hell out of Limbaugh is disingenuous way to pander to women.

Hope this helps......

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 8 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 22 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

If he's done such a good job then why is he running on class warfare and birth control pills?......

Those are what Republicans are running on. "keep up".

She's an activist.

But somehow, I think you would in the same breath say that Rush is not a private citizen.

Every woman that disagrees with the Republican Party is an "activist". That's an unspoken fact among Republicans. I thought everyone already knew that.

Anyone making that a blanket claim is pretty ridiculous. Kinda like this guy who posted a topic on the board implying that everybody who disagrees with Obama is racist. Something like, "If it isn't about race, then what is it?" Hmmm. . . who was that now. . . who would make ridiculous blanket claims like that? Seems silly.

It is a distraction, that YOUR SIDE created.

Who threw a fit when Rush said what he did? Who turned it into a raging firestorm of fauxrage? the left. If they'd have said nothing, this would have been a 'Oh Rush, you so crazy!" moment and been over and done with in 48 hours. Nope. P-BO and his psychosycophants NEED DESPERATELY this manufactured scandal because P-BO is floundering and looking VERY bad overseas and extremely inconsistent to his supporters.

Not to mention, it buries Joe Arpaio's Cold Case Crew discoveries, the KeystoneXL backtracking, the reversal on energy policy that is being considered and generally really fucking up the works with Israel and Iran.

Yep. The left needs this bad, lest more of the public get a case of WTF.

Another red herring. Abortion has nothing to do with the current debate.

Bullshit. It's an attempt to end run the whole conversation and undermine a reasonable rejection of the Abortion concept by muddying it over contraception in hopes of creating a wedge issue at election time.

ROFL. Yes, obviously, since over 90% of the population uses contraception, the contraception issue is a "loser" for Democrats. You crack me up.

Too bad the real issue, that even my liberal relatives can see, know its about forcing a church to violate it's religious views and precepts. Yes. It's a loser no matter how the libs try to spin this about the accepted practice of contraception, which even the most blind can see when told what's going on. The damage control is failing, and the situation is getting worse the harder they try.

Lying to oneself always is a winning argument when it faces off against objective reality. Yep... mmmmhmmm.

She's an activist.

She's still a private citizen and anyone who has a nationally syndicated radio show is not. Pretty simple.

No, I'm waiting on you to go after him. You know... something different than the left's typical hypocrisy.

By your own logic, Flucke is a valid political target too then and Rush should not have apologized or lost sponsors.

And are you saying that slut is worse than c***? my my my.. Maybe Rush should have called her that instead.

Doesn't matter by your logic. She was made a public figure by testifying in front of congress to lobby for government interference with religion.

She's fair game for being called this and worse by your own rules. What'd Trig and Bristol Palin do to deserve abuse? Be born with Down's Syndrome and have a mother run for office while giving birth out of wedlock?

At least those two had done less for the abuse they suffered at the left's hands that Flucke. That piece of astroturf went in, eyes open and hoped for something to catch fire.

So anyone who testifies in congress automatically becomes a "target"?

Palin put Trig front and center. She made her little "blessing" a part of her campaign.

Palin put Bristol front and center when she preached the benefits of abstinence. Bristol liked being in the public eye so much, she tours, speaks and was even on "Dancing with the Stars" as, get this, a "star".

Sarah Palin Slashed Funding for Special Needs Kids 60% in One Year

Palin personally cut funding that gave unwed mothers a place to live

Why is it Republicans have to be "taught" what their candidates stand for? How come they don't know? It's THEIR candidates.

I'm a private citizen, too. Kindly don't threaten me for enjoying freedom of speech.

Though I'd love to see what you consider "attack". Pointing out that she's a disengenuous piece of shit, and so are all the people who agree with her?

"Threaten"? Get a grip, onion head. By peril, I meant it will blow up on the conservatives politically. Normal people don't like the idea of political hits against normal people. It's politically stupid.

So anyone who testifies in congress automatically becomes a "target"?

Palin put Trig front and center. She made her little "blessing" a part of her campaign.

Palin put Bristol front and center when she preached the benefits of abstinence. Bristol liked being in the public eye so much, she tours, speaks and was even on "Dancing with the Stars" as, get this, a "star".

Sarah Palin Slashed Funding for Special Needs Kids 60% in One Year

Palin personally cut funding that gave unwed mothers a place to live

Why is it Republicans have to be "taught" what their candidates stand for? How come they don't know? It's THEIR candidates.

So wait wait wait, if a politician talks about their family, that makes the family members more morally acceptable for an attack than someone who puts -themselves- in the political spotlight? Interesting.

And yeah, calling Bristol Palin a star is somewhere between a serious stretch of the imagination and an all out joke. More of this Hollywood royalty culture that handed Ozzy's daughter a record deal. In all fairness, though, DWtS also had Chaz Bono on there and a whole slew of other "I'm related to somebody who is/was super famous" type jokes. Personally, I blame MTV and Us Weekly.

Forum List

Back