Flying home from Florida today!

We made it alive! Yay for me and Matt! :)

The cars started after 6 weeks, no chipmunks made the cars home, no water lines busted, no field mice or squirrels broke in, the home heat started, and all the worries melted...thank the good Lord! All the wild Apple trees and wild plum trees are in bloom, my beloved deer named Lady showed up within minutes of me calling her, we bought Apple's on the drive home from the airport hoping to see her and her baby Piewacket...(she's a yearling now), but her baby wasn't with her, which is concerning... :( Lady gulped up the apples.... And came back 30 minutes later for more!

The only negative is for Matt, the lawn grass is 6 inches high! We had dormant brown grass when we left....oh well....

We made it alive! Yay for me and Matt! :)

The cars started after 6 weeks, no chipmunks made the cars home, no water lines busted, no field mice or squirrels broke in, the home heat started, and all the worries melted...thank the good Lord! All the wild Apple trees and wild plum trees are in bloom, my beloved deer named Lady showed up within minutes of me calling her, we bought Apple's on the drive home from the airport hoping to see her and her baby Piewacket...(she's a yearling now), but her baby wasn't with her, which is concerning... :( Lady gulped up the apples.... And came back 30 minutes later for more!

The only negative is for Matt, the lawn grass is 6 inches high! We had dormant brown grass when we left....oh well....
Glad you made it!

"heat" she says..in May. I can't wait to mow grass, if it ever rains.

Oh, and the car rental at the airport had only one car left so for $34 bucks we got a luxurious, fully loaded, Ford Expedition to drive home in....!!!

HOLY CRAP! Man oh man, must be nice being rich....
This SUV is a monster! My 6'3" hubby even had to use the step to get in! All 6 pieces of luggage fit in the rear, behind the 3 rows of leather reclining bucket seats....!!!

Didn't feel one bump or pothole we drove over....!

It's been hot as hell! I just don't remember it being this hot when we lived here! My parents and older sister live inland, we lived right on the coast so that could be why?

Definitely getting hotter, last summer was a scorcher, about 100 degree. We already got up to 95 degrees in April, absolutely ridiculously hot, before that I don't think July and August got up to 95. Right now it's warm, May can get warm, and we had a cold patch, but I think this summer is going to be even worse. I don't do summers. I was born in a place where summers were like 80 degrees. I loved Colorado Rocky Mountains in the summer, I even saw it snow in August there.....

Glad you made it!

"heat" she says..in May. I can't wait to mow grass, if it ever rains.
Thanks! It was 61 degrees when the plane landed, it's 48 now....cold for this time of year! We definitely needed the heat on, to take the chill off....plus we've been dealing with living in the 90's.... It's great to be home! And this is my FAVORITE time of the year here! The sun rises at 5 am now, right after 4:30 am by June 21st, the summer solstice, we live in the first place in the USA to get sunrise! On the summer solstice it's a big touristy, and local thing here...we all go to the cliffs on the beach to see the sunrise on Mount Dessert Island/Acadia National Park June 20th or 21st!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back