food for starving children is being used to feed turtles....

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
“It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the [endangered desert] tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to,” senior Center for Biological Diversity scientist Rob Mrowka told the Mesquite Local News. “As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

Since 1993, Cliven Bundy has been battling the agency, as well as the National Park Service, the Center for Biological Diversity and the courts, to graze his cattle on 150 square miles of Gold Butte scrub land in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. He stopped paying his grazing fees back then, saying he “fired” the Bureau of Land Management as land manager. His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control, TheBlaze reported.

While Bundy stated that he owed the BLM $300,000 in back grazing fees, spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon put the figure closer to $1.1 million.
Plus, the roundup of the approximately 900 unwelcome cattle could cost as much as $3 million. But the 68-year-old Bundy has remained unintimidated.
Defiant Nevada rancher faces armed federal agents in escalating confiscation standoff - BizPac Review

This American landowner that has had in his family this land since 1887 has been forced to PAY $1.40 per head per day for the right to graze cattle on HIS land.

900 head of cattle. Stolen by our government so turtles can eat and children that need food starve....
Sad day in America!

turtle.jpg

“It’s high time for the BLM to do its job and give the [endangered desert] tortoises and the Gold Butte area the protection they need and are legally entitled to,” senior Center for Biological Diversity scientist Rob Mrowka told the Mesquite Local News. “As the tortoises emerge from their winter sleep, they are finding their much-needed food consumed by cattle.”

Since 1993, Cliven Bundy has been battling the agency, as well as the National Park Service, the Center for Biological Diversity and the courts, to graze his cattle on 150 square miles of Gold Butte scrub land in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area. He stopped paying his grazing fees back then, saying he “fired” the Bureau of Land Management as land manager. His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control, TheBlaze reported.

While Bundy stated that he owed the BLM $300,000 in back grazing fees, spokeswoman Kirsten Cannon put the figure closer to $1.1 million.
Plus, the roundup of the approximately 900 unwelcome cattle could cost as much as $3 million. But the 68-year-old Bundy has remained unintimidated.
Defiant Nevada rancher faces armed federal agents in escalating confiscation standoff - BizPac Review

This American landowner that has had in his family this land since 1887 has been forced to PAY $1.40 per head per day for the right to graze cattle on HIS land.

900 head of cattle. Stolen by our government so turtles can eat and children that need food starve....
Sad day in America!

one helluva leap.

aside from that

Where does the Fed get the right to charge people to allow animals to eat on their own land?

Just more leftist tyranny

Sad day in America!

one helluva leap.

aside from that

Where does the Fed get the right to charge people to allow animals to eat on their own land?

Is it his land? I thought it was federal land that he paid to use to graze his cattle.

In fact, I am pretty sure that this is public land that he is treating as if it were his private property.

Sad day in America!

What children are starving?

Sad day in America!

one helluva leap.

aside from that

Is it his land? I thought it was federal land that he paid to use to graze his cattle.

In fact, I am pretty sure that this is public land that he is treating as if it were his private property.

could be, haven't had all my coffee yet

one helluva leap.

aside from that

Good reason. Without coffee I am unclear on many, many things.

one helluva leap.

aside from that

His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control,

nope, they took his families land, then charged them to use it.

Sad day in America!

one helluva leap.

aside from that

Did you read closely???

"His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control"
It is still his land.. but under BLM management. NOW the BLM told him in 1993 he needed to stop so the turtle could graze. Still his land.. but piss poor management by Government that is NOW kicking him off his OWN land.

His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control,

nope, they took his families land, then charged them to use it.

Nope - neither he or his family have EVER owned the land in question. He's been on the gravy train - free-loading off the taxpayers for a long - long time.

one helluva leap.

aside from that

Did you read closely???

"His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control"
It is still his land.. but under BLM management. NOW the BLM told him in 1993 he needed to stop so the turtle could graze. Still his land.. but piss poor management by Government that is NOW kicking him off his OWN land.

Apparently Cliven Bundy knows who owns the land.

"“I have raised cattle on that land, which is public land for the people of Clark County, all my life. Why I raise cattle there and why I can raise cattle there is because I have preemptive rights,” he said, explaining that among them is the right to forage."

The bold face is mine.

So Mr. Bundy knows it is public land. An he admits he owes major money in grazing fees.

I'm still curious about the starving children that would, apparently, be fed Mr. Bundy's beef,

So Mr. Bundy knows it is public land. An he admits he owes major money in grazing fees.

But he says he won't pay it to the Feds - he'll only pay it to the county - except no one has seen a dime of this free-loader's grazing fees. He claims he owes $300,000 - the feds say it's more like a million.

And now this guy is trying to work people up in a frenzy and join him in a "range war" because he has some sort of divine right to use MY LAND for his commercial enterprise without giving me anything in return.

A welfare king.

I don't know what preemptive rights are

but if they never owned the land, they couldn't pass it on to him, he needs to pony the fuck up.

sucks, but that's how property rights work, you have to own it to call it yours and use it for whatever.

but if they never owned the land, they couldn't pass it on to him, he needs to pony the fuck up.

sucks, but that's how property rights work, you have to own it to call it yours and use it for whatever.
His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control

Yes they obtained wild grazing lands to help control use, so people would not die from range wars...they also sold off much BLM land in the last 20 years.

His Mormon ancestors had tilled the unforgiving soil since 1887, long before the 1934 Taylor Grazing Act allowed the federal government to seize control

So they've been feeding off the public trough for 127 years and I never even got a thank you note from these deadbeats.

Now, when they learn they're getting kicked off the gravy train, they want to start a war????

Generational welfare

And some claim the inner cities are the only places where this free-loader mentality thrives. This story puts that notion to rest, doesn't it?

Pay up or get off my land - and clean up all that cow shit as you leave.

Last edited:

And this does not mean he has any ownership rights at all. What it means is that his family has been in that area for a long time. If they never owned the land, then they were simply making use of unclaimed land. It was not uncommon back then. Free-grazers were all around.

Even Bundy admits that it is public land.

Forum List

Back