For all the big government fans

Guidelines for
Standards of Care in
Animal Shelters 2010
http://oacu.od.nih.gov/disaster/ShelterGuide.pdf

Does it state they need a vet?

Page 24

Where does it state they have to be on staff? Oh! Wait it doesn't.

It's like my former job, we had to provide medical care/medication under the supervision of a doctor ie the doctor prescribes etc and sees the patient during visits. But we did not have a doctor on staff.

Was it that hard to understand? Lol

"All health care practices and protocols should be developed in consultation with a veterinarian; ideally one familiar with shelter medicine. A formal relationship with a veterinarian should be in place to ensure that those responsible for daily animal health care have the necessary supervision and guidance. The best way to ensure that health care practices are in keeping with professionally accepted standards is to implement written standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Medications and treatments must only be administered under the advice or in accordance with written protocols provided by a veterinarian, and all drugs must be dispensed in accordance with federal and state regulations."

So tell me again how they have to have a vet on staff? Lol

Do you get what on staff means?

So can you answer my question now... What safety practices do they have in place?

Does it state they need a vet?

Page 24

It's like my former job, we had to provide medical care/medication under the supervision of a doctor ie the doctor prescribes etc and sees the patient during visits. But we did not have a doctor on staff.

"All health care practices and protocols should be developed in consultation with a veterinarian; ideally one familiar with shelter medicine. A formal relationship with a veterinarian should be in place to ensure that those responsible for daily animal health care have the necessary supervision and guidance. The best way to ensure that health care practices are in keeping with professionally accepted standards is to implement written standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Medications and treatments must only be administered under the advice or in accordance with written protocols provided by a veterinarian, and all drugs must be dispensed in accordance with federal and state regulations."

That also does not happen to be Wisconsin law, does it?

She has horrible customer reviews.

I liked this one:
"We filled out paper work for a dog that is in a horrible shelter! We wanted to complete our family and save a dog from this horendous shelter and were denied because my husband gave a dog away over 20 years ago to a farm! These animals at this shelter are hardly taken care of and have horrible living conditions. They are rude people too. I DO NOT suggest ever visiting this shelter! Cindy is very mean and absoulutly hard to work with. They did not even call us to tell us we were denied. They keep you wondering. I will tell everyone I know to NEVER go there. The place is unsanitary! They leave there customers waiting inside a dirty office and go outside and smoke the whole time! They are just NASTY people!*"
"Society Of St Francis Animal ARE LIARS!!!...
CINDY IS RUDE! She is also a LIAR! I adopted a dog that was a biter. We took her back and now she is back on petfinder as adoptable with nothing about her biting. I called St Fran and asked about the dog, Cindy FLAT OUT LIED TO ME! ..."

"The rudeness of the person who works at St. Francis breaks my heart, because she is keeping these animals from being placed in homes. She is seriously the rudest person I have ever encountered"
Read more at www.insiderpages.com

I posted a link a few pages back where someone else commented on the shelter conditions.
Sounds like the bitch needs to get out of the animal business.

Cannot you not comprehend what the law states?

It no where states they have to have one on staff. I know things like this are difficult for you, but come on.

The shelter is run by a PETA freak that hates people, so what?

There were a few that commented on the shelter conditions. So what?
You were defending this lady, back your shit up.

You wanted the gov't to be the villain, in reality it was the dumb lady running the place.

Oh! And I am still waiting for you to prove they had a vet on staff. I am sure I will be waiting for a long time. You can never back up your bogus claims with actual proof.

I liked this one:
"We filled out paper work for a dog that is in a horrible shelter! We wanted to complete our family and save a dog from this horendous shelter and were denied because my husband gave a dog away over 20 years ago to a farm! These animals at this shelter are hardly taken care of and have horrible living conditions. They are rude people too. I DO NOT suggest ever visiting this shelter! Cindy is very mean and absoulutly hard to work with. They did not even call us to tell us we were denied. They keep you wondering. I will tell everyone I know to NEVER go there. The place is unsanitary! They leave there customers waiting inside a dirty office and go outside and smoke the whole time! They are just NASTY people!*"
CINDY IS RUDE! She is also a LIAR! I adopted a dog that was a biter. We took her back and now she is back on petfinder as adoptable with nothing about her biting. I called St Fran and asked about the dog, Cindy FLAT OUT LIED TO ME! ..."

"The rudeness of the person who works at St. Francis breaks my heart, because she is keeping these animals from being placed in homes. She is seriously the rudest person I have ever encountered"

I posted a link a few pages back where someone else commented on the shelter conditions.

People don't like the ay she treats them, but the shelter is in compliance with state law. If it wasn't, they would have shut it down when they took the deer.

In other words, you are just trying to justify your defense of government using a SWAT team to remove a deer from a shelter and then kill it.

Cannot you not comprehend what the law states?

It no where states they have to have one on staff. I know things like this are difficult for you, but come on.

Prove it.

The shelter is run by a PETA freak that hates people, so what?

There were a few that commented on the shelter conditions. So what?
You were defending this lady, back your shit up.

You wanted the gov't to be the villain, in reality it was the dumb lady running the place.

Oh! And I am still waiting for you to prove they had a vet on staff. I am sure I will be waiting for a long time. You can never back up your bogus claims with actual proof.

People that don't like the owner say the cages were dirty, but the state, which just raided the shelter, and inspects it regularly, thinks it meets the state standards, which require clean cages and a reasonable number of animals per cage.

Which am I supposed to believe?

I liked this one:

People don't like the ay she treats them, but the shelter is in compliance with state law. If it wasn't, they would have shut it down when they took the deer.

In other words, you are just trying to justify your defense of government using a SWAT team to remove a deer from a shelter and then kill it.

They didn't use a SWAT team, moron.
Four deputies is a SWAT team?
Lying some more, QW?
When do you finally stop and admit you were wrong?

I liked this one:

Lying some more, QW?

12 armed men wearing flack jackets is a SWAT team.

Lying some more, QW?

12 armed men wearing flack jackets is a SWAT team.

12? Your article said 9 DNR agents and 4 sheriff deputies.
A SWAT team is a swat team.

Forum List

Back