For God so loved the world....

"Face to face" is a figure of speech.
Well sure you say that. You have to say that. I say you're wrong. Oops, looks like all we have are guesses.

lol... Sure, all we have are guesses, whoever we is. I'll take ya'lls word for it.

If ya'll had taken the time to look into Jewish beliefs about God and the explanation for such phrases ya'll would have agreed with me but apparently ya'll are too smart to break down such complicated expressions.

Well sure you say that. You have to say that. I say you're wrong. Oops, looks like all we have are guesses.

lol... Sure, all we have are guesses, whoever we is. I'll take ya'lls word for it.

If ya'll had taken the time to look into Jewish beliefs about God and the explanation for such phrases ya'll would have agreed with me but apparently ya'll are too smart to break down such complicated expressions.
Oh look, a flowery, self serving way of saying "thats my guess". My way was shorter and less "quack-y"

Oh look, a flowery, self serving way of saying "thats my guess". My way was shorter and less "quack-y"

lol.. No, thats no guess. Its common knowledge among the educated. You can look it up if you don't believe me professor.

Now people may come to understand why Jesus openly revealed the secrets of the kingdom of heaven. It didn't matter. As simple and as obvious as it was and is, It remains above some very peculiar creatures grasp.

No, thats no guess.
Of course, it is. It is your rationale, I.e., your best guess. And not everyone agrees. Hobelim,you often confuse your personal interpretation with absolute truth. And your interpretationof that reliea wholly on...you guessed it...your interpretation of other things.

And, when i see all of you quacks disagreeing on this stuff, it all becomes pretty clear. Either only one of you is correct and the rest are full of shit, or you are all completely full of shit. And it doesn't take much brain power to settle on the most probable of those two scenarios. ;)

Whether secular humanism, religious humanism or atheism is at the forefront, they are equally intolerant of anything Christian.
Complete nonsense. Faux victim crybabying.

Just because you lack the intelligence to understand something does NOT make it nonsense. It only means YOU are the crybaby, clamoring for attention.

Believe It: Atheism Less and Less a Political Taboo - TheHumanist.com

Here’s How Humanists Voted: Survey Results from the American Humanist Association - TheHumanist.com

While this don't have spit to do with the OP, I'm sure we can count on you to come back all butt-hurt and make an even sillier post.

No, thats no guess.
Of course, it is. It is your rationale, I.e., your best guess. And not everyone agrees. Hobelim,you often confuse your personal interpretation with absolute truth. And your interpretationof that reliea wholly on...you guessed it...your interpretation of other things.

And, when i see all of you quacks disagreeing on this stuff, it all becomes pretty clear. Either only one of you is correct and the rest are full of shit, or you are all completely full of shit. And it doesn't take much brain power to settle on the most probable of those two scenarios. ;)

Did you ever look into a mirror and do some self introspection? It would scare the Hell out of you.

...that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV).

This passage, called the "Gospel in a nutshell" is the most quoted verse in the Bible, and with good reason.

How can any Christian ever lose hope, knowing that God is on our side, and that He made the ultimate sacrifice to save us from our own sinful nature?

I know, that despite all the hardships I've faced, all the failures and disappointments, that God loves me, and loves me so much that he let his only Son die on a cross to allow me to obtain eternal life with him in heaven.

I ask all Christians to ponder on this, because it means that all we do in this world is a side-show. This is not our home, never was, our true home is with God.

Of course, we must pray, obey the Commandments, and do good works, but ultimately we can't earn our way to heaven, Jesus Christ has already done everything necessary for us to get into heaven.

It was staged.

if jesus was the son of god then he is immortal.

and can't be killed.

he faked his own death, hung out in a cave for a few days (probably with a laptop or a super gaming computer), then emerged to fool everyone.

...that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV).

This passage, called the "Gospel in a nutshell" is the most quoted verse in the Bible, and with good reason.

How can any Christian ever lose hope, knowing that God is on our side, and that He made the ultimate sacrifice to save us from our own sinful nature?

I know, that despite all the hardships I've faced, all the failures and disappointments, that God loves me, and loves me so much that he let his only Son die on a cross to allow me to obtain eternal life with him in heaven.

I ask all Christians to ponder on this, because it means that all we do in this world is a side-show. This is not our home, never was, our true home is with God.

Of course, we must pray, obey the Commandments, and do good works, but ultimately we can't earn our way to heaven, Jesus Christ has already done everything necessary for us to get into heaven.
If the so called christian did follow the bible this nation would sure be a lot nicer.

They DID follow it for decades!

and it WAS nicer.....for hetero whites and males

but NOT so nice for 2nd class citizens like women or 4th class citizens like gays and blacks.

Whether secular humanism, religious humanism or atheism is at the forefront, they are equally intolerant of anything Christian.

Just because you lack the intelligence to understand something does NOT make it nonsense. It only means YOU are the crybaby, clamoring for attention.

Here’s How Humanists Voted: Survey Results from the American Humanist Association - TheHumanist.com

While this don't have spit to do with the OP, I'm sure we can count on you to come back all butt-hurt and make an even sillier post.
Nah, no response needed. You can't even argue your own, embarrassing bullshit in your own words. i can just let you talk and embarrass yourself.

No, thats no guess.

Did you ever look into a mirror and do some self introspection? It would scare the Hell out of you.
You believe iron aged myths... you think most of the humans who have ever lived are going to suffer for eternity ... you make magical, embarrassingly stupid threats... you, sir, are an embarrassing freak.

If Atheism IS a religion, why don't Atheists get the same special tax breaks other religions get???
They get special treatment and total tax exemption
Atheists do NOT!

Yes they do. The unofficial state religion of the United States is secular humanism. All of its precepts are taught in the public schools; its principles are the only conversations allowed in public. Everyone else is expected to ask permission to practice their beliefs and are taxed for what they believe. Denying it won't change the bottom line.
Atheism and Secular Humanism are NOT the same! But you knew that already.
Secular Humanism Defined | Free Inquiry
Secular humanism’s cognitive thrust lies in its naturalistic worldview; its emotional or affective thrust lies in its positive ethical outlook. Each element is equally essential to secular humanism; neither stands alone. I submit that this meaningfully differentiates secular humanism from religious humanism, and from simple atheism as well. Continuing with Hitchens’s language, secular humanists necessarily disbelieve in God (naturalism) and just as necessarily oppose thuggery and tribalism on principle (an outgrowth of ethics). Of course, many atheists, agnostics, and religious humanists do the same. But when atheists and agnostics adopt positive ethics, they do so for reasons independent of their atheism or agnosticism. When religious humanists defend naturalism, they do so for reasons outside the boundaries of their religious humanism. Only for the secular humanist do both commitments arise organically within his or her life stance.

Of course I know the differences; you meant that as underhanded insult. At the end of the day, you're playing with semantics. It's tantamount to telling liberals there is a difference between the KKK and the nazis.

Whether secular humanism, religious humanism or atheism is at the forefront, they are equally intolerant of anything Christian. The differences the non-Christian world that disbelieves in God and the Bible have are so insignificant, that they all line up at the ballot box, supporting the same lineup of candidates.

"Whether secular humanism, religious humanism or atheism is at the forefront, they are equally intolerant of anything Christian."

the same way christians are of muslims?
of atheists?

As an atheist/humanist/progressive I have no problem with any religious group that doesn't try to force its beliefs on everyone via law.

"

Atheists do NOT!

Yes they do. The unofficial state religion of the United States is secular humanism. All of its precepts are taught in the public schools; its principles are the only conversations allowed in public. Everyone else is expected to ask permission to practice their beliefs and are taxed for what they believe. Denying it won't change the bottom line.
Secular humanism’s cognitive thrust lies in its naturalistic worldview; its emotional or affective thrust lies in its positive ethical outlook. Each element is equally essential to secular humanism; neither stands alone. I submit that this meaningfully differentiates secular humanism from religious humanism, and from simple atheism as well. Continuing with Hitchens’s language, secular humanists necessarily disbelieve in God (naturalism) and just as necessarily oppose thuggery and tribalism on principle (an outgrowth of ethics). Of course, many atheists, agnostics, and religious humanists do the same. But when atheists and agnostics adopt positive ethics, they do so for reasons independent of their atheism or agnosticism. When religious humanists defend naturalism, they do so for reasons outside the boundaries of their religious humanism. Only for the secular humanist do both commitments arise organically within his or her life stance.

Of course I know the differences; you meant that as underhanded insult. At the end of the day, you're playing with semantics. It's tantamount to telling liberals there is a difference between the KKK and the nazis.

Whether secular humanism, religious humanism or atheism is at the forefront, they are equally intolerant of anything Christian. The differences the non-Christian world that disbelieves in God and the Bible have are so insignificant, that they all line up at the ballot box, supporting the same lineup of candidates.

"Whether secular humanism, religious humanism or atheism is at the forefront, they are equally intolerant of anything Christian."

of atheists?

As an atheist/humanist/progressive I have no problem with any religious group that doesn't try to force its beliefs on everyone via law.

"
Same. believe anything you like.

Nah, no response needed. You can't even argue your own, embarrassing bullshit in your own words. i can just let you talk and embarrass yourself.

Embarrassing bullshit? What? You can't deal with facts, so you try to make up more lies to hide behind? I think you're chickenshit - cluck, cluck, cluck. Classic fail on your part. But we can let the posters ponder it for themselves.

No, thats no guess.

You believe iron aged myths... you think most of the humans who have ever lived are going to suffer for eternity ... you make magical, embarrassingly stupid threats... you, sir, are an embarrassing freak.

Threats? What kind of drugs are you on? I want to make sure I never partake of such delusional pharmaceuticals. Insofar as being a freak, I'm not the dumb ass that says ridiculous things he can't back up and tries to hide behind name calling and saying I'm not worth responding to, but does it anyway with the chickenshit name calling because you got schooled with the facts.

Atheists do NOT!

of atheists?

"

Therein lies the rub. NO group exists as you would like to believe.

Muslims have declared a war and said anyone who does not convert will be killed

Blacks are opposed to the foundational principles America was founded on and have started a genocidal war to rid America of white Christian males with firearms

Nonbelievers want to squelch Christians with out of context cow dung about a separation of church and state. We can discuss the principles of secular humanism in public, but damn well not Christianity. It's a really strange "wall"

Christians aren't doing much better, They flock around the gospel according to Donnie Chump and think they can put a wall around America, force people to become citizens and trade our Liberties for the illusion of safety.

Personally, I will not abide by any law that tries to silence my God given, unalienable Rights.

You can't deal with facts,
Your iron aged delusions are not facts, shaman.

I'm not the dumb ass that says ridiculous things he can't back up
Yes you are, freak. You make unsupported, hilariously stupid claims of zombie kings and magic miracles and eternal, magical places. You make threats of eternal suffering. If anyone else were to make such hilariously stupid, magical claims, you would laugh him out of the room. But sprinkle some Jaysus on them,and you are swaying and chanting like a Manson family member.

You can't deal with facts,
Your iron aged delusions are not facts, shaman.

I'm not the dumb ass that says ridiculous things he can't back up
Yes you are, freak. You make unsupported, hilariously stupid claims of zombie kings and magic miracles and eternal, magical places. You make threats of eternal suffering. If anyone else were to make such hilariously stupid, magical claims, you would laugh him out of the room. But sprinkle some Jaysus on them,and you are swaying and chanting like a Manson family member.

If I had a nickel for every lie you've told in your life, I'd retire a very rich man. You cannot quote anything I've said here to support such idiotic charges. But you know what dude, you're the most delusional poster on this board and your lying crap is clearly chickenshit you don't go out in public and utter. It's stuff you post anonymously because it would not only embarrass you, but every person you ever associated with.

Good luck with whatever in the Hell you peddling. I just wonder who you were trying to convince: the posters OR yourself.

"You make unsupported, hilariously stupid claims of zombie kings and magic miracles and eternal, magical places. "

Fact.

"You make threats of eternal suffering."

Fact.

"If anyone else were to make such hilariously stupid, magical claims, you would laugh him out of the room. "

Fact.

"But sprinkle some Jaysus on them,and you are swaying and chanting like a Manson family member."

Fact.

"You make unsupported, hilariously stupid claims of zombie kings and magic miracles and eternal, magical places. "

Fact.

"You make threats of eternal suffering."

Fact.

"If anyone else were to make such hilariously stupid, magical claims, you would laugh him out of the room. "

Fact.

"But sprinkle some Jaysus on them,and you are swaying and chanting like a Manson family member."

Fact.

No proof of your moronic cow dung. You sound like a ten year old troll, so pardon me for saying adios.

Forum List

Back