For the first time I think Trump might actually be in trouble.

Should Trump be concerned about th he Flynn testimony?

• Yes

• No

• I think the weather is nice!

Results are only viewable after voting.
At the VERY LEAST this investigation is damaging Trumps ability to govern & is fucking with people's retirements via the stock market.

That prosecutor needs to shit or get off the pot.

You're basing this on a few hours' activity?

Yesterday was a bubble. it's correcting. In fact it began correcting late yesterday IIRC.

Been listening to ABC radio all morning and it sounds bad for Trump based on what's being reported.
The Last report heard said that Flynn was going to testify that Trump directed him to talk to the Russians only hours after the Obama administration implimented new sanctions against them.

Of course I don't know what's legal and what isn't but to my layman's ears this sounds potentially bad.

Does it prove collusion based on what I heard? Not in my opinion but it does speak to the idea that we have one president & one government at a time.

This is not me condemning Trump, it's just me absorbing the breaking news.
I'd ask how you all see it but this board is so over the top partisan I know the responses I'd get before you hit enter. So instead I'm going to create a poll.

Flynn was instructed by the transition team to contact the officials of several governments to make them aware of the incoming administrations opinion on an upcoming UN vote. Nothing improper or illegal about that.

If something isn't illegal in all this I don' think they would have pled him down to lying. Why offer a deal without dirt?
Flynn lied to the FBI, that is the only crime here.

Trump never hid the fact that he wanted to be Putin's bitch. All during the campaign, and years before his candidacy, Trump trumpeted his infatuation with the murdering dictator.

So collusion or no collusion, Trump was always going to ease up sanctions on Putin. Putin didn't even have to ask.

Putin knew this, and that is probably why he decided to help Trump get elected. There really was no need for them to collude.

Nevertheless, there are indications of collusion between members of the campaign and some of Putin's cutouts.

Trump easing up on sanctions against Russia is wrong. You can call it wrong all the live long day, but it would not be illegal for Trump to do so.

You might not like it, I sure wouldn't, but there is nothing illegal about it.

Just like there was nothing illegal about Obama announcing way ahead of time he was going to cut and run from Iraq, and then following through on that promise.

Been listening to ABC radio all morning and it sounds bad for Trump based on what's being reported.
The Last report heard said that Flynn was going to testify that Trump directed him to talk to the Russians only hours after the Obama administration implimented new sanctions against them.

Of course I don't know what's legal and what isn't but to my layman's ears this sounds potentially bad.

Does it prove collusion based on what I heard? Not in my opinion but it does speak to the idea that we have one president & one government at a time.

I'd ask how you all see it but this board is so over the top partisan I know the responses I'd get before you hit enter. So instead I'm going to create a poll.

He instructed someone to talk with the Russians?

TALK?

HOW COULD HE??!??

I heard he also ate two scoops of ice cream.
There was plenty more to it but we're all supposedly informed so I wasn't gonna waste my lunch time spelling it out.
You're attempt at insulting me is juvenile at best. If you want to start a trolling war bring it.

In Flynn's own words he told the FBI that Trump had asked him to get in contact with the russians in order to figure out a way to fight ISIS more effectively.
That doesn't sound like Trump and the russians 'colluding' to give the win to Trump.

Sometimes i feel like we're all watching a big domino display being knocked down but many claim to see nothing but hot air balloons on their tv despite the fact that everyone is watching the same channel.

Weird

In Flynn's own words he told the FBI that Trump had asked him to get in contact with the russians in order to figure out a way to fight ISIS more effectively.
That doesn't sound like Trump and the russians 'colluding' to give the win to Trump.
Flynn has now admitted they talked about the Obama sanctions.

Here's what Mike Flynn lied to the FBI about

Flynn’s second false statement occurred on or around December 29, 2016. The documents suggest Flynn asked the Russian Ambassador “to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia,” and then lied about it to the FBI. Flynn said he “did not recall the Russian Ambassador subsequently telling him that Russia had chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of his request.”

On December 29, the Obama administration imposed sanctions against two Russian intelligence services and expelled 35 Russian operatives from the U.S. in retaliation for alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election. In a surprise move, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that he would not retaliate by kicking U.S. diplomats out of Moscow.

“We will not create any problems for U.S. diplomats. We will not expel anyone,” Putin said. “It is regrettable that the Obama administration is ending its term in this manner.” Putin also said he would “plan further steps for restoring the Russian-American relationship based in the policies enacted by the administration of President Donald Trump.”

A day later, Trump tweeted: “Great move on delay (by V. Putin). “I always knew he was very smart!”

And none of that is wrong, let alone illegal.
He disagreed with Obama's sanctions, and wanted that government to know about it. Doesn't mean anything. But naturally, this is not going to stop the MSM from fiercely implying that it is wrong and shows collusion. This same media that stood in front of Hillary and Obama carrying a heavy shield to deflect the Benghazi scandal.
A President instructing an underling to communicate for him is as common as a rainy day in Seattle.

It's funny how Trump says in public that Obama didn't do anything about Putin's invasion of the Ukraine, but in private is telling Flynn to ask the Russians not to over-react to the sanctions Obama enacted.

What a piece of shit.

You have to be one very willfully stupid parrot to repeat Trump's claim about Obama when those sanctions were public knowledge. And yet quite a few pseudocon tards on this forum have done that very thing.

Here's what Mike Flynn lied to the FBI about

Flynn’s second false statement occurred on or around December 29, 2016. The documents suggest Flynn asked the Russian Ambassador “to refrain from escalating the situation in response to sanctions that the United States had imposed against Russia,” and then lied about it to the FBI. Flynn said he “did not recall the Russian Ambassador subsequently telling him that Russia had chosen to moderate its response to those sanctions as a result of his request.”

On December 29, the Obama administration imposed sanctions against two Russian intelligence services and expelled 35 Russian operatives from the U.S. in retaliation for alleged Russian meddling in the 2016 election. In a surprise move, Russian President Vladimir Putin announced that he would not retaliate by kicking U.S. diplomats out of Moscow.

“We will not create any problems for U.S. diplomats. We will not expel anyone,” Putin said. “It is regrettable that the Obama administration is ending its term in this manner.” Putin also said he would “plan further steps for restoring the Russian-American relationship based in the policies enacted by the administration of President Donald Trump.”

A day later, Trump tweeted: “Great move on delay (by V. Putin). “I always knew he was very smart!”
That is what the radio is reporting here. I'm assuming that the ISIS response was part of the lie?

So, what are the leftardz thinking on this? Do they think that an outgoing president (or Duhbummer in this case) has the authority to sever all lines of communication with Russia for a new incoming president, just by passing a few sanctions? I thought that leftardz were all for keeping lines of communications open. . . . even to the most extreme dictators of the world.

He disagreed with Obama's sanctions, and wanted that government to know about it. Doesn't mean anything. But naturally, this is not going to stop the MSM from fiercely implying that it is wrong and shows collusion. This same media that stood in front of Hillary and Obama carrying a heavy shield to deflect the Benghazi scandal.
A President instructing an underling to communicate for him is as common as a rainy day in Seattle.
You can't have your cake and it it too, tard.

Trump claimed Obama didn't do anything about Putin, implying Obama should have been tougher.

You can't parrot that bullshit, and then at the same time say it's okay for Trump to WEAKEN the Obama sanctions.

Fucking hypocrites. I honestly don't know how you tards are able to compartmentalize your brains like that. Your heads should be going supernova from cognitive dissonance.

But of course that would require actual cognition on your part.

Isn't the problem that he/his team were trying to negotiate with a foreign power BEFORE taking office? And I thought that was a crime no?

Forum List

Back