For the first time I think Trump might actually be in trouble.

Should Trump be concerned about th he Flynn testimony?

• Yes

• No

• I think the weather is nice!

Results are only viewable after voting.
18 USC 953 MIGHT apply:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
Yes, this is what I think is at issue.
Having said that if this is the route the prosecution is going I think it sets a TERRIBLE precident for future transition teams.

The stock market taking a drastic nose dive on this news says I can't be the only person that sees trouble on the horizion

Wait and see. I expect it to recover by end of day.

With the increase we saw yesterday, let alone the last 8 months, I'm not surprised to see profits being taken.
You mean last 8 years

Ahh, no, 8 months.
The stock market’s been going up for over 8 years now.

OldSchool is correct. Dow was around 7000 when Obama took office. Look it up, "Thinker".

And none of that is wrong, let alone illegal.
He disagreed with Obama's sanctions, and wanted that government to know about it. Doesn't mean anything. But naturally, this is not going to stop the MSM from fiercely implying that it is wrong and shows collusion. This same media that stood in front of Hillary and Obama carrying a heavy shield to deflect the Benghazi scandal.
A President instructing an underling to communicate for him is as common as a rainy day in Seattle.
Isn't the problem that he/his team were trying to negotiate with a foreign power BEFORE taking office? And I thought that was a crime no?
Can anyone more knowledgeable than me answer this please.

that's part of it.

foreign nationals are not even allowed to contribute to campaigns. working with a foreign government to affect our elections is criminal.

then lying about it like jarrod did in his security clearance applications.
It isn't a crime. No matter how much spin the liberals put on this there is nothing Trump did that was illegal.

actually, it is. but I do appreciate your loyalty to the orange kleptocrat

What law was broken? Which statute?
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

What a hilarious question for a republican to ask after last year’s Presidential campaign

the difference is their allegations were delusional lies. these aren't.

The stock market taking a drastic nose dive on this news says I can't be the only person that sees trouble on the horizion

Wait and see. I expect it to recover by end of day.

With the increase we saw yesterday, let alone the last 8 months, I'm not surprised to see profits being taken.
You mean last 8 years

Ahh, no, 8 months.
The stock market’s been going up for over 8 years now.

Guess we can see who's invested and who ain't.

He disagreed with Obama's sanctions, and wanted that government to know about it. Doesn't mean anything. But naturally, this is not going to stop the MSM from fiercely implying that it is wrong and shows collusion. This same media that stood in front of Hillary and Obama carrying a heavy shield to deflect the Benghazi scandal.
A President instructing an underling to communicate for him is as common as a rainy day in Seattle.
Isn't the problem that he/his team were trying to negotiate with a foreign power BEFORE taking office? And I thought that was a crime no?
Can anyone more knowledgeable than me answer this please.

What part of the headline is everybody missing?

Michael Flynn Pleads Guilty to Lying to the F.B.I. - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/01/us/.../michael-flynn-guilty-russia-investigation.ht...
23 mins ago - WASHINGTON — President Trump's former national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, pleaded guilty on Friday to lying to the F.B.I. about conversations with the Russian ambassador last December during the presidential transition, bringing the special counsel's investigation into the president's inner circle.
Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to FBI, is cooperating with Mueller ...
www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/politics/michael-flynn-charged/index.html
3 mins ago - Washington (CNN)Former Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn pleaded guilty Friday to lying to the FBI about conversations with Russia's ambassador and disclosed that he is cooperating with the special counsel's office. Flynn is the first person inside President Donald ...
Ex-Trump adviser Flynn pleads guilty to lying to FBI | News | Al Jazeera
www.aljazeera.com/.../russia-probe-michael-flynn-charged-lying-fbi-1712011422584...
1 hour ago - Michael Flynn, the former US national security adviser, has pleaded guilty to making false statements in relation to his conversation with the Russian ambassador before US President Donald Trump took office. The charges stem from an FBI probe into alleged meddling by Russia in the 2016 US presidential ...
Michael Flynn pleads guilty to lying to FBI as Trump-Russia inquiry ...
News, sport and opinion from the Guardian's US edition | The Guardian › US News › Michael Flynn
1 hour ago - The inquiry into Donald Trump's ties to Russia took a significant step forward on Friday when the president's former national security adviser pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI – and revealed he was cooperating with Robert Mueller's investigation. Michael Flynn appeared in court in Washington to plead ...

Bill Clinton's problem wasn't that he got a blow job in the Oval Office, his problem started when he LIED about it under oath. It's always the LIES and cover ups that create the problem.

I doubt anything will come of it. Flynn is a known liar who was fired for.... lying!! Now, under severe financial duress he "agrees" to cooperate? :lol: I doubt it will amount to much.

He'd better have a smoking gun with Trump's fingerprints on it.....otherwise it is just more popcorn headlines for the LWNJ's to jerk off to over the weekend.

So the Fed's got him to confess to lying, but then will bring him out as a truthful person?

Yeah, that makes sense

Can we get back to the conversation about sushi?

Been listening to ABC radio all morning and it sounds bad for Trump based on what's being reported.
The Last report heard said that Flynn was going to testify that Trump directed him to talk to the Russians only hours after the Obama administration implimented new sanctions against them.

Of course I don't know what's legal and what isn't but to my layman's ears this sounds potentially bad.

Does it prove collusion based on what I heard? Not in my opinion but it does speak to the idea that we have one president & one government at a time.

This is not me condemning Trump, it's just me absorbing the breaking news.
I'd ask how you all see it but this board is so over the top partisan I know the responses I'd get before you hit enter. So instead I'm going to create a poll.

I'm torn. I almost hope that they do force him out.

Then the fun really begins!

It will be open season on the entire establishment.

It isn't a crime. No matter how much spin the liberals put on this there is nothing Trump did that was illegal.

What a hilarious question for a republican to ask after last year’s Presidential campaign

Yet you have no answer I see.

You get used to that with Old School, commonly known as Old Fool around these parts

Been listening to ABC radio all morning and it sounds bad for Trump based on what's being reported.
The Last report heard said that Flynn was going to testify that Trump directed him to talk to the Russians only hours after the Obama administration implimented new sanctions against them.

Of course I don't know what's legal and what isn't but to my layman's ears this sounds potentially bad.

Does it prove collusion based on what I heard? Not in my opinion but it does speak to the idea that we have one president & one government at a time.

I'd ask how you all see it but this board is so over the top partisan I know the responses I'd get before you hit enter. So instead I'm going to create a poll.
God forbid you condem trump for being a proven liar and a traitor to his country.

foreign nationals are not even allowed to contribute to campaigns. working with a foreign government to affect our elections is criminal.

Yet...we know, not speculate, but know that Hillary funneled money through two law firms to get information to make the dossier in the first place.
We know that a foreign government provided information, we know that...that is a fact.
So.....

That's not a crime.

Obama met with Angela Merkel to discuss foreign policy before he was even elected. It was in all the papers.

Trump's senior campaign officials, including Jeff Sessions, rejected a face to face meeting between Trump and Putin.

He also sent his campaign exec to Saudi Arabia...also in the papers. And the Obama's took home, what was it $30 million in gifts from the Saudi's?

Nope:

Overall bling total: $1,352,240.

[RELATED: Foreign Gifts to U.S. Federal Officials]

Extravagant? Yes. But here's the kicker: The Obamas don't actually get to keep these presents.

Per U.S. government protocol, they must accept the gifts in cases where "non-acceptance would cause embarrassment to [the] donor and U.S. government." The items must be later turned over to the National Archives and Records Administration, or the recipient can pay the market value of the gift and keep it.

I'm torn. I almost hope that they do force him out.

Then the fun really begins!

It will be open season on the entire establishment.
Ah no. It will be the end of the GOP for seeing these signs of Trump’s guilt for over a year, watching trump’s mental state deteriorate right before their eyes and do nothing about it.

Yet...we know, not speculate, but know that Hillary funneled money through two law firms to get information to make the dossier in the first place.
We know that a foreign government provided information, we know that...that is a fact.
So.....
Yeah because we all know that Flynn pleading guilty to the FBI is all about Hillary. lol
2F5AD3A5-2864-4F52-9C59-610A58C7C0D8.jpeg

God forbid you condem trump for being a proven liar and a traitor to his country.

The more you dig the more you can make that argument about any of them in power.

You put Mueller or any other investigator in Washington in there to do a good job investigating any of those in power and you come back with a conviction.

Later on today the press will release the full charges that Mueller has leveled against Flynn and to which Flynn has plead guilty. Hold on to your pantyhose.

Several actually. One was mentioned above, another is conspiracy to defraud the US for impeding the lawful functioning of the federal government, soliciting foreign aid in tampering with an election, and probably more but those are bad enough.

Maybe now you can tell me where anything about having a private server was written in the law before and/or during Hillary’s tenure as SoS! :laugh:

You get used to that with Old School, commonly known as Old Fool around these parts
Aww you poor little pussy :itsok:

Kind of slow, aren't you?

Forum List

Back