For those who insist abortion should be a right

Not all of them agreed with that, but with the British at their doorstep they felt it was more important at the time to have a united front, so they compromised with the idea it would be handled later, which it was.

100 years later. Not to mention when they said "all men were created equal" they meant nothing but MEN, well really they meant nothing but white men as they did not view black nor native Americans as equals.

Personally I think there's a good argument on both sides, but at the end of the day, there's one BIGLY inconvenient fact for Pro-Choice crowd. It's called the Declaration of Independence, which is the founding document of this country. Surely you've heard of it.

They don't teach this in schools, because if they did the left's collective head would spin like Regan's in the Exorcist.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

declarationofindependence.jpg
Then you DON'T think there are good arguments on both sides !!!

IF you debated whether it would be good to kill your mother you would not be so illogical.
It is ILLOGICAL to say that you hold to some primal truth UNTIL shown otherwise. You don't hold to it at all if you argue that way.

100 years later. Not to mention when they said "all men were created equal" they meant nothing but MEN, well really they meant nothing but white men as they did not view black nor native Americans as equals.

That was the general attitude throughout most cultures in those days. Trying to judge people from the past by today's standards is an exercise in futility. Were you born back then odds are you would have thought no differently. People and societies evolve over time.

That was the general attitude throughout most cultures in those days. Trying to judge people from the past by today's standards is an exercise in futility. Were you born back then odds are you would have thought no differently. People and societies evolve over time.

Tell this to the person using those words as proof they were against abortion.

The Founders had no problem with abortion. It was legal and common in that era. They were fine with it.

That means your commie interpretation of what they meant is really stupid.

Run along now, Trump cult pervs. Find some other way to rape liberty. That is what gets you commies off, after all.

They were also fine with slavery, at least most of them were.

They were also fine with slavery, at least most of them were.
Ah good. You confirm my point, that the opinions of the founders don't mean much.

And thus the OP's rant that the founders would be pro-life is rendered null and void.

The Founders had no problem with abortion. It was legal and common in that era. They were fine with it.

That means your commie interpretation of what they meant is really stupid.

Run along now, Trump cult pervs. Find some other way to rape liberty. That is what gets you commies off, after all.
Abortion has been around since the
beginning of time and will continue to be around through the end of time. That said, this is the first I’ve heard that America’s Founders were “fine with abortion” and it was legal during that era.

Do you have anything to back that up?

Ah good. You confirm my point, that the opinions of the founders don't mean much.

And thus the OP's rant that the founders would be pro-life is rendered null and void.

No, I am pointing out that blanket (well they liked it) references are well you (i.e. retarded)

If you want Abortion to be a federal right, start a movement to get an amendment added to the Constitution to protect it.

Abortion has been around since the
beginning of time and will continue to be around through the end of time. That said, this is the first I’ve heard that America’s Founders were “fine with abortion” and it was legal during that era.
Abortificents were advertised in the print material of the day.

Nobody cared.

Some truth to that for sure. The philosophy of the DOI was good, in practice it wasn't. If they could go back in time they'd replace "all men" with "mankind". Or to please the woke crowd, "unrestrictive non-binary bipedalists".

No, I am pointing out that blanket (well they liked it) references are well you (i.e. retarded)

If you want Abortion to be a federal right, start a movement to get an amendment added to the Constitution to protect it.
Fuck that. Leave it to the States. The SC made the right decision to reverse Roe/Wade. The SC had no business enacting Rose/Wade in the first place, and the Declaration of Independence is one example why.

Fuck that. Leave it to the States. The SC made the right decision to reverse Roe/Wade. The SC had no business enacting Rose/Wade in the first place, and the Declaration of Independence is one example why.

Oh I agree. I'm saying is that if they truly want it to be a protected right, they need to do it the right way and use the amendment process.

Forum List

Back