Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

As we’ve mentioned on other threads, e-bike interstate system will use batteries (from a vending machine) that have been standardized, not exclusively Ford’s or Chevy’s, and manufacturers should design them to meet regeneration conditions. There should also be cooperation on the recovery of spent LIBs and relevant legislative work around the world. The prices quoted were apparently for 3 grams of recycled lithium.

I would buy one if they were reliable and durable. I love my 40 volt weed eater. However, most people would not be able to afford the truck though. IMO, it's insane that a vehicle costs more than the house you live in and won't even last 15 years. How much does a replacement battery cost? A motor? Transmission if it has one? How far can it go on one charge? Lol, simple minded folks never ask questions. They just do what they are told.

The nazis spew all this crap simply because it's part of the destroy the west agenda they've had going on for almost 100 years.

View attachment 491531
How far can it go on one charge?
and when you get to the end of that charge.....will there be a place to re-charge?...

If sales for the new ford electric pickup are good, then Ford will have done more to transition the country from fossil fuels than all the speeches ever made in congress.

Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL
44k, I checked the price yesterday

Totally reasonable. I would buy one for sure, if in the market for a truck, I'm still limping along my 1994 Chevy. This price point is crucial to its success. The Rivian R1T has too many bells and whistles, and at 67K, limited market share

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I can't argue against those dumbasses with Diesels stinking up the air all around them.
Hate them fucking things

and how much food do you eat that is powered from a gas, or electric vheicle.

I have no clue... a lot... you have a point here somewhere?
I suppose it is about semi trailers?
I was talking about the dumbasses driving diesel pickups with stacks/large exhaust spewing out shit with every take off. Dumbasses.

There will be places to instantly get a recharged battery along the e-bike interstate, because they will already be available fully charged from a vending machine. In Wisconsin, there already is a vending-machine scenario for e-bikes, though they take the batteries (or complete bikes)elsewhere to charge them. Universalizing the battery is the future.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

I can't argue against those dumbasses with Diesels stinking up the air all around them.
Hate them fucking things

I was talking about the dumbasses driving diesel pickups with stacks/large exhaust spewing out shit with every take off. Dumbasses.

A diesel pickup doesn't have to have all that smoke.

Hate them fucking things

He probably thinks that electric combines and tractors are going to farm all the food he eats.

I swear these Moon Bats are all idiots that have no ability to think.

If sales for the new ford electric pickup are good, then Ford will have done more to transition the country from fossil fuels than all the speeches ever made in congress.

Only because people are idiots.

The technology sucks but the Moon Bats will buy bad technology because, you know, "Joe Dufus told me that it is good for the environment".

Of course if they weren't such stupid Moon Bats they would know that these batteries are a disaster for the environment.

Hate them fucking things

A fair question. Are the electric vehicle quiet? Because there are Deplorables who ride those trucks loud! And that may not be a selling point.

Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup​

That means there will be about 4,000 dissatisfied people selling them to go back to gasoline. I'd bet most of these people buying them are not serious commercial businessmen whose business DEPENDS on their truck! Most of these people are more concerned about whether the truck has a USB charging port than they are about the spring clearance off road in rough terrain.

Now where are all the EV electric semis, tractor trailers, dump trucks, construction vehicles, airplanes and wheel loaders? :21:

Will it go 200 miles towing a fully loaded horse trailer and the air conditioning on full blast?
Not only that but how about in winter when those stupid batteries are even more less efficient?

You drive 25 miles to work on a cold day and the vehicle sits in the parking lot in freezing temperatures all day long and then find out your vehicle doesn't have even enough power to get you home even though it was fully charged the night before.

Battery technology for vehicles suck. A lot of stupid people are going to find that out the hard way.

Will it go 200 miles towing a fully loaded horse trailer and the air conditioning on full blast?
That my question as well. I haul my horse all over trail riding. I doubt a battery powered truck has the balls. My trailer is aluminum and the horse weights in at over 1,000 pounds. Battery powered truck?? Not my cup of tea.

LAPD bought an entire fleet of EV police cars. They turned out to be so impractical they couldn't be used. The people ordering these trucks are virtue signaling.

LAPD bought an entire fleet of EV police cars. They turned out to be so impractical they couldn't be used. The people ordering these trucks are virtue signaling.
Yup Just like the stuttering fuck wants all Fed vehicles to be electric. Wonder what that's going to cost we the tax payer. Barry's Volts were for shit too.

Hate them fucking things

Exactly... it's the dumbasses that put the large stacks/pipes and take off fast as to create the large smoke.
Morons

I think, at least at first, the sales will not be in the central part of the nation where most of the red states are. The sales will be on the coasts where the blue states are.

At least that's what seems to have happened thus far with hybrids and the fully electric cars.

I did a trip through middle America last month. I saw very few hybrids and electric cars.

Here in my blue state, the hybrids and fully electric cars are everywhere.

We will have to watch to see what happens.

Forum List

Back