Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

I think, at least at first, the sales will not be in the central part of the nation where most of the red states are. The sales will be on the coasts where the blue states are.

At least that's what seems to have happened thus far with hybrids and the fully electric cars.

I did a trip through middle America last month. I saw very few hybrids and electric cars.

Here in my blue state, the hybrids and fully electric cars are everywhere.

We will have to watch to see what happens.
Well that is kind of a no brainer.... electric vehicles have little range. Middle America is 100 times more spread out than the coastal cities.
Having said that, I live in Indiana. I see them all the time.
So... yeah

Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL
44k, I checked the price yesterday
Yeah....you can go up to about $90,000, if you want..but a work truck without all the bells and whistles is pretty reasonable.
Yes not bad, considering what a new Silverado goes for.

Yes I looked that up a bare bones Silverado starts at 28,600 dollars with an over 1500 dollar delivery fee. Which brings the lowest price for that vehicle to over 30 thousand dollars but that's the bare bones version price. If you want anything added to it, it's going to cost a lot more.

Meanwhile, my Toyota Prius cost me 20 thousand dollars brand new at the end of 2017.

That is a good trick, buy the vehicle at the end of the year when the dealers are trying to get rid of the year's model to make room for the next year's model. You can get a good deal that way. I usually do.

I think, at least at first, the sales will not be in the central part of the nation where most of the red states are. The sales will be on the coasts where the blue states are.

At least that's what seems to have happened thus far with hybrids and the fully electric cars.

I did a trip through middle America last month. I saw very few hybrids and electric cars.

Here in my blue state, the hybrids and fully electric cars are everywhere.

We will have to watch to see what happens.
Well that is kind of a no brainer.... electric vehicles have little range. Middle America is 100 times more spread out than the coastal cities.
Having said that, I live in Indiana. I see them all the time.
So... yeah
My friend has a Ford hybrid. It has been nothing but trouble for him. He has looked into trading it in but the trade in value is terrible.

The people that buy the high cost Teslas are fairly wealthy and they keep the car for two or three years and then get another.

Most people can't afford to trade in a vehicle every two or three years.

The Tesla batteries are also the best. When companies like Ford and GM put out battery packs they won't be near as good quality as the high cost Tesla batteries and there will be a lot of disappointed people.

I look forward to ridiculing them for being Moon Bat dumbasses.

44k, I checked the price yesterday
Yeah....you can go up to about $90,000, if you want..but a work truck without all the bells and whistles is pretty reasonable.
Yes not bad, considering what a new Silverado goes for.

Yes I looked that up a bare bones Silverado starts at 28,600 dollars with an over 1500 dollar delivery fee. Which brings the lowest price for that vehicle to over 30 thousand dollars but that's the bare bones version price. If you want anything added to it, it's going to cost a lot more.

Meanwhile, my Toyota Prius cost me 20 thousand dollars brand new at the end of 2017.

That is a good trick, buy the vehicle at the end of the year when the dealers are trying to get rid of the year's model to make room for the next year's model. You can get a good deal that way. I usually do.
Prius? LOL! Moonbatmobile.

Your problem, OP, is that you haven’t figured out the catch to JoeXi’s EV commercial: the lithium. If an American owns the battery, why allow the Chinese communist cocksuckers any chance to take possession of it once its life is over? How does an American best screw a communist pimp when it comes to recycling? Has JoeXi considered just what a dumb puppet-c.u.n.t. he is portraying himself to be?
I was unaware that the govt. built Ford's vehicles for them.

Don't you know?

Most trump people are communists. They believe our nation owns businesses, controls business and sells goods and services to people.

The trump people don't know the real meaning of the word communist.

They just throw that word out on people they disagree with in order to demonize or silence them.

I thought you knew this.

Isn't it telling that leftists make up completely useless phrases like this?
They are pre sold, dipshit.
Sit down and let the adults talk.

Seriously.

When we bought my ex his Chevy Volt in 2013, he had to order and pre buy it before he got it.

All the paperwork was done before he actually took ownership of the vehicle a couple months later.

Pre selling cars has been done for decades. The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.

Isn't it telling that leftists make up completely useless phrases like this?
They are pre sold, dipshit.
Sit down and let the adults talk.
Yes they sold it before they sold it.

You idiots are insane.

No they sold it before the person took delivery on it.

How stupid are you?

Nevermind. I know people like you also believe that Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man so I don't expect any coherent intelligence from you.

Starts at $40,000
Most F-150 Crew Cabs do
And just what does it cost to replace those batteries?? I doubt its cheap and you have to keep replacing them.
Right now, $6000 to $10,000
They are warrantee for 8 years

Price should come down as alternative sources of batteries develop

I've owned a hybrid car since 2001.

The one I own now is my fourth.

In the 20 years I've owned a hybrid I have never replaced a battery.

It costs 6 to 8 thousand for a new battery. Not a rebuilt one.

Like all car parts, the old batteries are rebuilt and sold. Most warranty plans have specific wording that requires rebuilt or refurbished parts be used to replace parts. So the company makes sure they pay the lowest cost possible to replace warrantied parts.

Those batteries don't end up in landfills. They don't have to be replaced over and over again.

Those batteries are designed to go at least 200 thousand miles.

Some people keep their cars for longer than 200 thousand miles but not most people.

Here's a site that sells used and rebuilt Prius batteries that start at 950 dollars.

Screen Shot 2021-05-20 at 11.02.42 AM.png

How stupid are you?
How stupid am I? Lmao! They have to sell it before the customer can take delivery of it!

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

It's been done for decades.

The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.

The person orders the car and it's built to their specific order. They aren't mass produced yet. When they have been on the market for a while they will be mass produced.

It was the same way with the first hybrid we bought.

Where have you been?

How stupid are you?
How stupid am I? Lmao! They have to sell it before the customer can take delivery of it!

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

It's been done for decades.

The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.

The person orders the car and it's built to their specific order. They aren't mass produced yet. When they have been on the market for a while they will be mass produced.

It was the same way with the first hybrid we bought.

Where have you been?
You must radiate stupid 24/7. You can't grasp the simple reality the company still has to sell you the product BEFORE you can take it. You cant take it before you pay them for it. Good God you people are thick. No wonder you swallow all the leftists shtick.

How stupid are you?

Those who put that deposit down on the truck already knows how much it costs.

Wow it's embarrassing to see such a stupid person.
I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

How embarrassing you are. Dumbass.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

Last edited:
Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

They're basically giving it away. It can't compete with a gas burner, so they have to sell it at half-price....lol

How stupid are you?

I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

How stupid are you?

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

What else can you pull out of your ass?

Forum List

Back