Ford already has 20,000 reservations for new electric F-150 Lightning pickup

Wait till they find out it $70,000 for one. LOL

How stupid are you?

Those who put that deposit down on the truck already knows how much it costs.

Wow it's embarrassing to see such a stupid person.
I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

How embarrassing you are. Dumbass.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

The repair costs are going to be outrageous.

What else can you pull out of your ass?

Do you know what repair costs are going to be? No? Didn't think so.

How stupid are you?

I take it you would pay $70,000 for a truck?? I sure wouldn't it was bad enough paying $35,000.

This truck isn't for everybody, certainly not people expecting a used car price for a brand new truck. Most if not all half ton crew cab trucks w/four wheel drive start off over $40k. Something this truck already gets you before adding a single upgrade. Fuel is cheap, save thousands in oil changes and other maintenance due to fewer moving parts. More horsepower, more torque than any other F-150 ever made including the Raptor (which is also not for everyone due to it's cost and shitty towing capability) makes this also the fastest F-150 ever made. This is also the very first year for this truck, how will it improve in 5 or 10 years?

This truck doesn't meet my needs at the moment but neither does any other 1/2 ton truck due to tow and haul limitations. This particular vehicle currently isn't going to be great for towing, that's OK, most trucks in this category suck too with any substantial weight. The Lightning isn't suffering in horsepower or torque, that's for sure like other half tons. The challenge is a limitation on recharging stations and the time it takes to charge. However even that is improving as more charging stations open up and charging times are reduced. I think this one will charge 15% to 80% in about 40 minutes on the fastest chargers, much improvement from years ago.

This truck will power your house during blackouts. Does your 1984 Chevy Impala do that?

But we all know what this is about. This truck could hit every mark and you'd still trash it for the color of the paint.

They will most likely be more expensive to fix.

How stupid are you?

I know that there have been comparisons between gas and EVs in the past. I'm guessing that's something you didn't consider.

How stupid are you?

They don't know anything, they just parrot what they are told like drones.

How stupid are you?

They don't know anything, they just parrot what they are told like drones.

I get it, you don't bother to research anything and just think and spew from the gut.

Who told you that electric vehicle maintenance is more expensive?

No they sold it before the person took delivery on it.

How stupid are you?
How stupid am I? Lmao! They have to sell it before the customer can take delivery of it!

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

It's been done for decades.

The first one I remember was the VW Rabbit in the early 80s.

The person orders the car and it's built to their specific order. They aren't mass produced yet. When they have been on the market for a while they will be mass produced.

It was the same way with the first hybrid we bought.

Where have you been?
You must radiate stupid 24/7. You can't grasp the simple reality the company still has to sell you the product BEFORE you can take it. You cant take it before you pay them for it. Good God you people are thick. No wonder you swallow all the leftists shtick.

That's what prepay means.

They do that on a lot of new technology and cars. They don't mass produce them until they know for sure there's a market for it. So in the beginning they are made to order. The person orders the car, pays for it and it's made. Once they know there is a market for the vehicle and have a good idea on how many they should produce every year, you will see them being mass produced and at the dealer to be sold.

The fact that you don't know this tells me a few things. First you've never bought a new car with new technology. It also tells me that you have no concept of how new technology is released at least with vehicles.

You seem to be the only person who has a problem with it. Millions of Americans have bought their cars just that way. Including me. I have bought a Chevy Volt that way and a Toyota Prius. Both when they first came out on the market. At the time I bought the Prius there are none on the lot. Just the one the dealer has for test drives. I ordered the Prius I wanted. They built it and I took possession of it when it was built.

I know if you go to a dealership and want to have add ons that most people don't want and no cars are reproduced with that add on, you have to pre buy that car, then they make it to your specifications.

You obviously have never done that. You probably haven't even bought a new vehicle in your life. So you have no concept of how cars are sold and how new technology is sold.

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Only morons buy Fords. Real people buy Dodge.

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

Thats a very good prediction. I’m disappointed I didn’t say it first.

How stupid are you?
How stupid am I? Lmao! They have to sell it before the customer can take delivery of it!

:auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

The person orders the car and it's built to their specific order. They aren't mass produced yet. When they have been on the market for a while they will be mass produced.

Where have you been?
You must radiate stupid 24/7. You can't grasp the simple reality the company still has to sell you the product BEFORE you can take it. You cant take it before you pay them for it. Good God you people are thick. No wonder you swallow all the leftists shtick.

They do that on a lot of new technology and cars. They don't mass produce them until they know for sure there's a market for it. So in the beginning they are made to order. The person orders the car, pays for it and it's made. Once they know there is a market for the vehicle and have a good idea on how many they should produce every year, you will see them being mass produced and at the dealer to be sold.

The fact that you don't know this tells me a few things. First you've never bought a new car with new technology. It also tells me that you have no concept of how new technology is released at least with vehicles.

You seem to be the only person who has a problem with it. Millions of Americans have bought their cars just that way. Including me. I have bought a Chevy Volt that way and a Toyota Prius. Both when they first came out on the market. At the time I bought the Prius there are none on the lot. Just the one the dealer has for test drives. I ordered the Prius I wanted. They built it and I took possession of it when it was built.

I know if you go to a dealership and want to have add ons that most people don't want and no cars are reproduced with that add on, you have to pre buy that car, then they make it to your specifications.

You obviously have never done that. You probably haven't even bought a new vehicle in your life. So you have no concept of how cars are sold and how new technology is sold.
statement.jpg

Looks like there is some interest in this vehicle---When the worlds most popular truck, the F-150, goes electric--it's a sign--of course, a lot of Right wing types won't buy it..since they can't blow a bunch of obnoxious smoke...LOL!

The automaker revealed the vehicle at 9:30 p.m. ET Wednesday night during an elaborate presentation at the company's world headquarters in Dearborn, Mich. The company's shares jumped by about 3% in premarket training.
The reservations are being closely watched by the company as well as investors to gauge the interest of customers in EV pickups, which is an unproven segment that automakers are rushing to enter.
Ford is taking reservations for the vehicle on its website. A refundable $100 deposit is required.

Not if they don't want to have the fix the trans 2 or 3 times.

Not if they don't want to have the fix the trans 2 or 3 times.

You must be a Chevy fan.

The battery pack on that stupid truck weights almost a ton and without a load it can hardly go 200 miles on a charge so only an idiot would buy one.

Ford has no worries. All these stupid Democrats in charge of the big city shitholes, Communist states and the Federal government will buy fleets of them with taxpayer's money. It will be a terrible purchase but doing stupid purchases have never stopped Democrats has it?

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

Ford sells 100 real F 150's ......per hour.
The F-150 gas is the best selling truck in the US.

Why would they want to change that record?

The only reason is that they expect governments to buy fleets and for the stupid Moon Bats to buy them.

In other words they are predicting a market of idiots.

#74: A lot of stupid people, to be sure, can’t think outside the box. We will be keeping our batteries warm with a solar-rechargeable, portable electric blanket. It will be housed in an insulated compartment, duh, you haven’t learned a thing even when you had a petroleum-addiction heater blowing on your legs.

How stupid are you?

Where have you been?

Yep, this is often a way to build hype around the vehicle as well. The Ford Bronco is going through the same process. It's a gas vehicle though so they don't care about this sort of auto purchase in that case.

People buy cars based on their weight or based on how much they can haul? Nobody cares how much a Tesla weighs or the old/new Hummers.

These trucks could make excellent fleet vehicles that stay within urban centers. With the exception of range these can be excellent work trucks, they start off every morning with a full tank, they have an onboard generator for electric tools and their maintenance like most EVs should be about half the cost of gas vehicles.

I'm really thinking you guys are letting your ulterior motives cloud your opinions.

I’m just agreeing that local governments are going to be buying these like crazy and Ford knows it. The capacity and the quality of the truck is irrelevant at this point. That might be a discussion in a few years once the guinea pigs are finished.

The electric truck will become standard and accepted by everyone in the near future until a new technology comes along and we have to hear some folks whine about that change.
Truck owners who actually use the truck for work will decode if it meets expectations or not

It appears to have limited range under load

Of course libs who only own a truck to make themselves seem manly may only carry a bag of groceries so payload does not matter

Forum List

Back